Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nice drone but too risky from a support perspective

Fishhead3

Reaction score
On the 18th May my Evo2P simply fell out of the sky and landed on rocks. I got in contact with Autel support and was told to send the flight log, which I did straight away.

On 21 May I was advised to send my drone for repair to New Zealand, and received the required paperwork from Autel on 28 May. I put the drone in the mail that day and it was received by the repair shop on 9 June, taking a while to get through customs. I received a call from the repair shop and we went through the situation I experienced. Good, proactive customer service.

After a week or so I was informed that the onboard telemetry had to be sent to the US for analysis which took forever and I was then informed that the IMU had failed and needed to be replaced. I said to the repair shop I needed to be assured that the drone was fit for flight before any work was done to repair physical damage.

Shortly after I was informed that the camera was damaged and would have to be replaced.

On 18 August (3 months to the day) I was informed by the Seattle office that my drone would have to be sent to the US and I would be sent a tracking number. Its now the 3rd of September and I haven’t heard a thing.

I am an amateur photographer. I bought the E2P because of its far more sophisticated camera than my old Mavic Air. Its cost me about AUD3000, which is a lot of money for me.

What Autel doesn’t realise is that their drones are noticeable and attract attention. So, people talk to me where I fly as it’s a popular spot for watching the surf, and I do surf photography. No longer do I extol the virtues of the E2P. Indeed, one guy has bought a DJI after a long talk about Autel. Another is still making up his mind but I am sending him a copy of this message.

I have been quiet and patient during this whole fiasco, but no longer. I note that Autel has given away 5 drones in exchange for market useful information. Yet, their support service is, to be honest, total sh1t. So, my current target is to keep talking people out of buying these products, as, to be perfectly honest, they are a risk for not only amateurs but professionals as well.

sorry to hear. I've heard similar horror stories about dji and other electronics especially when it comes to dealing with repairs out of country. ymmv I've had one autel crash and needless to say, it went nothing like your experience. hope everything works out for you. like many drone flyers, I'm pretty risk adverse so I tend to purchase the insurance options which focus on replacement rather than repair. live and learn I guess.

Thanks but one shouldn;t have to purchase extra insurance to guard against incompetence. I accept that there will be faults and crahes/mistakes and I don;t expect repairs to be done overnight but my experience is beyond poor

Thanks but one shouldn;t have to purchase extra insurance to guard against incompetence. I accept that there will be faults and crahes/mistakes and I don;t expect repairs to be done overnight but my experience is beyond poor
agreed your experience sounds like it has been very poor. in no case should it take 4 months, that's unrealistic.

Your experience is very unfortunate; with all current drone vendors IMO your only support choices are bad or worse with no real way to tell which one you are going to get. Both DJI and Autel have similar horror stories; Autel's only real saving grace IMO is that they do not have geofencing so at least when a failure occurs its a real failure.

My Mavic Pro was force landed into the ocean less than 5' from the shore due to faulty DJI geofencing and of course you get no support in a scenario like that.

IF your entire interactions with the Seattle office is with emails, I suggest you call them during their hours of operation and reference your case number. I waited 2 days for my issue and when I did not hear from them I called, after that they immediately gave what I was waiting for.

I agree that Autel's drone servicing is extra ordinarily slow. They also lean toward blaming the purchaser of the drone when a malfunction arises. It's like your guilty until proven innocent. But now I have 2 solid EVO2 drones. I got 2, just in case I have to send one in for repair. I know how notorious they are when it comes to the time it takes for repairs or replacements.

Reactions: AirStag

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy