Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK with Smart Controller is working! And Base Station!

IMG_20210905_214201.jpg
In central Europe we got this.
Waypoint mission:
wpm.jpg
Poly or rectangular mission:
prm.jpg
Time calculated in mission plan: 10 min, time in air: 15 min, timer stops on each of turns (mapping, not counting fly to start and home)
Last time the job that takes max 10h depending on wind with P4RTK on lower speed and ALT, with AUTEL took me almost 14 hours with higer speed and ALT.
Without stopping on each waypoint i could create mission that follows terrain, now it would take days to fly (for example 300 waypoints for 10ha in one mission x 20 missions)

Parrot in Anafi drone solve same problem pretty fast, Yuneec also dealt with it somehow. Now i read that "older" version of this drone does not have this issue.

View attachment 11521
Waypoint mission:
View attachment 11522
View attachment 11523
Time calculated in mission plan: 10 min, time in air: 15 min, timer stops on each of turns (mapping, not counting fly to start and home)
Last time the job that takes max 10h depending on wind with P4RTK on lower speed and ALT, with AUTEL took me almost 14 hours with higer speed and ALT.
Without stopping on each waypoint i could create mission that follows terrain, now it would take days to fly (for example 300 waypoints for 10ha in one mission x 20 missions)

Parrot in Anafi drone solve same problem pretty fast, Yuneec also dealt with it somehow. Now i read that "older" version of this drone does not have this issue.
oh wow,... hope that get that fixed for you and soon!

View attachment 11521
Waypoint mission:
View attachment 11522
View attachment 11523

Biggest complete for me as well. Waste of time and battery to stop, turn and then continue.

this is being worked on and it will have the same fly through type of behavior as a p4rtk

You telling me. Good news, should be fixed soon rather than later .
So if it is possible to force install (all of sort of parts) Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_v2.1.57(from enterprise) over standard RTK/v2 fw? Or still waiting to new updated fw? if there is any beta to test?

Hi everyone!!!

My name is Andres and I write from Chile.

I am currently testing with the Evo 2 Enterprise RTK Pro, and they have reported a problem in the rinex and mrk file post-processing.

Someone also has problems working with PPK?

Hi everyone!!!

My name is Andres and I write from Chile.

I am currently testing with the Evo 2 Enterprise RTK Pro, and they have reported a problem in the rinex and mrk file post-processing.

Someone also has problems working with PPK?
Make sure you are fully updated on the craft. Go to the about screen and then bounce back to settings, general and then software updates.
Key is to make sure you check versions before going to software updates.

I’m out camping right now some data is slow. Might take me some time to get back to you but let me know how things go.

ppk data storing in rinex file only in first mission, afther you need to format your sd card and start over, because a photos saves in the same folder, but ppk data dont start storing in same rinex file or dont create new one.

Reactions: jmason702
problem already reported but reported here for other confirmations. the correction data in Ntrip are stored only on the jpeg file in the dng file are not stored. obviously I shoot with dng + jpeg mode. attached the screenshot of the chuncks with photo alignment and error estimation

Attachments

• jpeg vs dng.jpg
    jpeg vs dng.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I have never mapped using DNG, also DNG takes longer to process, I would assume, you would have to fly at like 2MPH to collect data?

problem already reported but reported here for other confirmations. the correction data in Ntrip are stored only on the jpeg file in the dng file are not stored. obviously I shoot with dng + jpeg mode. attached the screenshot of the chuncks with photo alignment and error estimation
This will not be supported. Dng doesn’t have the internal xmp data and it would take to long to write the image.

è un problema ridicolo visto che già adesso il file dng memorizza le coordinate del gps del drone e quindi non capisco quale sarebbe la differenza nel registrare le coordinate in RTK (GNSS), non trovo grosse differenze! Quindi il drone ha già acquisito queste informazioni nel file jpeg, può tranquillamente memorizzarle anche nel dng: o non può ottenere due o tre cose contemporaneamente? così povero è il processore?
Da un punto di vista operativo si tratta di un grosso limite, considerando che per rilievi in ambienti urbani e non solo, in tali situazioni spesso si devono modificare le ombre o le luci di alcuni scatti e il jpeg è il peggior formato, oltre al fatto che nel jpeg c'è il software per fare modifiche al rumore di colore ecc. Speriamo che esca un manuale ocsa al più presto o non saprò come fare questo drone almeno avrò chiaro se cambiare marca o meno !

è un problema ridicolo visto che già adesso il file dng memorizza le coordinate del gps del drone e quindi non capisco quale sarebbe la differenza nel registrare le coordinate in RTK (GNSS), non trovo grosse differenze!
Da un punto di vista operativo si tratta di un grosso limite, considerando che per rilievi in ambienti urbani e non solo, in tali situazioni spesso si devono modificare le ombre o le luci di alcuni scatti e il jpeg è il peggior formato, oltre al fatto che nel jpeg c'è il software per fare modifiche al rumore di colore ecc. Speriamo che esca un manuale ocsa al più presto o non saprò come fare questo drone almeno avrò chiaro se cambiare marca o meno !
It doesn’t store all that’s needed for RTK! RTK also needs to know gimbal and sensor location.

There’s no difference with any other RTK craft like this. p4rtk, m200v2 and m300.

mapping with RTK is about all about absolute resolution. Imaging is a second. Even with that said, the evo 2 final image is much higher quality than a p4rtk.

se il drone tramite il suo software memorizza i dati gnss sul file jpeg che viene generato insieme al file dng (es. scatto in condizioni dng + jpeg) non capisco che, avendo tutte le informazioni, non sia in grado, il software, per generare un file xmp con le stesse informazioni, già presenti, memorizzate su un file che deve essere semplicemente trasferito. Trovo questo assurdo, di facile soluzione e che ha un impatto notevole dal punto di vista operativo quando lavori in zone dove puoi andare una sola volta (ad esempio per problemi di autorizzazione) e se hai foto con ombre e luci da sistemare sono limitati nel farlo. Per quanto riguarda la qualità delle foto jpeg, attenzione a non confondere le cose. il P4rtk corre che è una bellezza, magari anche l'evo 2 rtk sarà così ma dal punto di vista del software deve mangiare ancora tanta pasta al sugo! Non voglio essere polemico ma darmi una giustificazione plausibile o dirmi che dal punto di vista informatico non è possibile, perché se lo è, come credo e anche facilmente, mi sembra assurdo non farlo. un saluto da un utente al momento, visti gli innumerevoli guai dell'evo 2 rtk, è davvero deluso. ciao

se il drone tramite il suo software memorizza i dati gnss sul file jpeg che viene generato insieme al file dng (es. scatto in condizioni dng + jpeg) non capisco che, avendo tutte le informazioni, non sia in grado, il software, per generare un file xmp con le stesse informazioni, già presenti, memorizzate su un file che deve essere semplicemente trasferito. Trovo questo assurdo, di facile soluzione e che ha un impatto notevole dal punto di vista operativo quando lavori in zone dove puoi andare una sola volta (ad esempio per problemi di autorizzazione) e se hai foto con ombre e luci da sistemare sono limitati nel farlo. Per quanto riguarda la qualità delle foto jpeg, attenzione a non confondere le cose. il P4rtk corre che è una bellezza, magari anche l'evo 2 rtk sarà così ma dal punto di vista del software deve mangiare ancora tanta pasta al sugo! Non voglio essere polemico ma darmi una giustificazione plausibile o dirmi che dal punto di vista informatico non è possibile, perché se lo è, come credo e anche facilmente, mi sembra assurdo non farlo. un saluto da un utente al momento, visti gli innumerevoli guai dell'evo 2 rtk, è davvero deluso. ciao
Once again it’s a processing issue. It would backlog the entire imaging pipe to do DNG and jpg.

regarding the p4rtk I know the system very well. I was the main US lead on field and beta testing on that unit. While yes, software is more refine it’s also been out since 2018.

as far as accuracy the Autel unit actually is on par and on some cases supersedes the p4rtk. as I tried to explain the Autel sensor produces a much cleaner image as well.

Once again, no system tags DNG images with RTK trigger information. If you want that you will need to go to a custom build, make sure camera speced can write DNG images in less that 1 sec and be able to cache. Next make sure the trigger and RTK system is up to the longer write times.

Reactions: jmason702

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg