Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK with Smart Controller is working! And Base Station!

I recently purchased an Evo II Enterprise Pro 6K drone. I received the RTK Module yesterday. I am new using an RTK drone. I have used an EOS Arrow Gold GNSS RTK system for positioning GCPs for several years. Yesterday, I logged into my local NTRIP Network using the Autel Explorer RTK interface on the Smart Controller. After a bit of trial and error, I was able to log in. I was connected to an RTK base station located about 15-16km away using a single mountpoint (RTK_RTCM3). I also setup my EOS Arrow Gold GNSS RTK receiver to record location at same position and altitude as the drone. I let the drone sit for at least 5-10 min to ensure a good fix. In the RTK interface the Positioning showed “SINGLE”. I would have expected “FIX”. The lat-long values looked pretty good. The Altitude shown was way off (even went negative for a short time) vs the EOS Arrow Gold GNSS RTK system. Any thoughts/recommendations would be greatly appreciate.
Can your base cast its own NTRIP so you can connect the drone to your base?

What is the error as determined by a check-point? Without a check-point, an application's determination of error is somewhat meaningless.
True, I have not tested it yet, but, everything I have tested is very consistent

But between PIX 4D and Drone Deploy, the error is very consistent to the application

I did do one test with checkpoints and the data was very outrageous............ false

Does anyone have a report with checkpoints they can post?

Ken posted a report early on.

interesting...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-09 061137.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 061137.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2021-10-09 061232.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 061232.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2021-10-09 061340.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 061340.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 15
I am also reprocessing with just using GCPs, just to see the difference...

My V1 RTK and V1 PRO, does not stop at points in missions, It moves at all times and moves well. Is this a V2 thing?

Re-reading some old threads. @jmason702 does your version 1 Evo2 make curved turns (top) at the end of each row in a waypoint mission or does it stop, go 90 degrees to next row, turn 90 and then start the next leg (bottom)

sc.jpg

Okay, that is the same as the v.2 By your earlier comment, it sounded like the v.1 was flying continuous rather than stop and go. Thanks!

@Blade Strike said the fix was on the road map back in Sept. 2021. It's a long road. :-(
A very long road.. Sorry I have no control over these releases.

Reactions: Dave Pitman

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58