Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK with Smart Controller is working! And Base Station!

Yes, I turned off NTRIP corrections to the base station, powered drone on that is receiving correction from the base, RTK is on, on the drone, got a fix in 30 seconds and took off with 1.2 to 1.5cm accuracy. Also powered the drone off and on again to make sure it still worked.
See in the photo, corrections is off on the Base Station, on the left a perfect fix on the drone
If the base is still outputting data, even though it’s stale it will still get a fix. I’m pretty sure after 24 hours or more you probably won’t get a fix. Since the data is too stale. I’m not 100% sure, you can test if you want?

Still receives a fix with no NTRIP correction to the base. The base is casting its own NTRIP corrections if that makes sense...

I have put this unit through very thoro testing and it is proven, 100%

Great, do you still need internet connection to use emlid caster (send to emlid server/recive in Smart Controller)? Tested it via TCP IP and it worked well too 👌

Great, do you still need internet connection to use emlid caster (send to emlid server/recive in Smart Controller)? Tested it via TCP IP and it worked well too 👌
Yes, you would still need some type of connection to talk to a network device. RINEX is being worked on and that will allow for a PPK workflow

Reactions: jmason702
Currently in Autel Enterprise there is proper OBS file with data. But that's only registered in mission mode.

Currently in Autel Enterprise there is proper OBS file with data. But that's only registered in mission mode.
What firmware are you on? On public firmware there is no valid file with data being created. A file is generated but is empty of valid data.

Please show screenshots of version and post file please.

What firmware are you on? On public firmware there is no valid file with data being created. A file is generated but is empty of valid data.

Please show screenshots of version and post file please.
We tested Autel Enterprise with Explorer 1.0.59 and FW 2.1.57

All fw + app files here: Autel Enterprise + RTK - Google Drive
Also there is obs and mrk file (in that flight we tested what happened when correction stream were blocked for while so in middle there is only FLOAT but fast recovery to FIX)

We tested Autel Enterprise with Explorer 1.0.59 and FW 2.1.57

All fw + app files here: Autel Enterprise + RTK - Google Drive
Also there is obs and mrk file (in that flight we tested what happened when correction stream were blocked for while so in middle there is only FLOAT but fast recovery to FIX)
Yes, but you’re on the wrong thread. This is the EVO RTK. You speaking of the enterprise. Which is a different craft and different firmware.

As I’ve already tried to explain the PPK function will work on the evo RTK on the next firmware release.

Enterprise is working but not even official released it.

Yes, but you’re on the wrong thread. This is the EVO RTK. You speaking of the enterprise. Which is a different craft and different firmware.

As I’ve already tried to explain the PPK function will work on the evo RTK on the next firmware release.

Enterprise is working but not even official released it.
Ok I understand that. So, if that is dependent from firmware on EVO or rather app version(not in my opinion but heard that)? If it is possible to instal that fw (Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_V2.1.57) on Autel RTK? We are interested in buying Autel RTK and that is important if PPK will work. What is predicted date of that next fw release?

I installed autel explorer for android (regular remote, not sc) from your link and it works fine with rtk v2. Finally, you can enter the name of mount point manually, which allows you to connect to the base as described in this topic, without the combinations that I had to do. Tomorrow I will check if it saves data for PPK, I am afraid to try to install the firmware on the drone because in my country it costs ~ $ 15,000, the enterprise version has different engines. Now I have to find solution for another problem of +10 seconds on each waypoint (the drone stops at each, even without a turn or elevation change, regardless of the type of mission), which extends the predicted mapping mission time by at least half and prevents the execution of programmed video recording (too much editing).

I installed autel explorer for android (regular remote, not sc) from your link and it works fine with rtk v2. Finally, you can enter the name of mount point manually, which allows you to connect to the base as described in this topic, without the combinations that I had to do. Tomorrow I will check if it saves data for PPK, I am afraid to try to install the firmware on the drone because in my country it costs ~ $ 15,000, the enterprise version has different engines. Now I have to find solution for another problem of +10 seconds on each waypoint (the drone stops at each, even without a turn or elevation change, regardless of the type of mission), which extends the predicted mapping mission time by at least half and prevents the execution of programmed video recording (too much editing).
Oh, still same problem with turns. Also reported many times to Autel technics.
elistechnology, check PM

Explorer 1.0.59 and FW 2.1.57 works with RTK v2 (not enterprise), logging RINEX data BUT! the first time I completed two missions in a single flight: the first was several waypoints, the second is polygon mapping, the RINEX file was empty. The second time only the polygon mapping after formating SD and the data were saved correctly.
After completing each mission, you have to transfer data from the SD card and perform the next mission with an empty card. One step forward, two steps back...
And this ***** stopping at every waypoint still exists while it takes to change few parameters in code [MPC_CRUISE_90 = MPC_XY_CRUISE (PX4 autopilot, it will not slow down untill the angle to the next waypoint will not be more, than 90 degree) Multicopter Advanced Tuning Guide · PX4 v1.9.0 User Guide ] so... interesting toy that gives some fun, some nerves, not for use in the company in current state.
tired_coffey2.png

Time to apologize with the good** old three letter solutions for now (rather long time looking at autel's involvement with advertising rather than software improvement).
**working more predictably

My V1 RTK and V1 PRO, does not stop at points in missions, It moves at all times and moves well. Is this a V2 thing?

I believe there is no Pro v.2 RTK. Only Pro v.1 RTK and Enterprise (v.2 craft) RTK. At least in the US.
so on like a rectangular mission your evo stops and pauses for 10 seconds at the waypoints? or is this just in a waypoint mission?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy