Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Replacement Lite+ Constantly Flickering in Footage!

atortaloha

Reaction score
Not sure what is with this replacement but I am getting flickering in lots of my footage. Shutter is 1/50sec and shooting 6K 24fps and adjusting ISO and aperture accordingly. Any idea??! I had this with a Evo 2 Pro 6K before and Autel swapped it out for me confirming a hardware issue or possibly a ribbon cable or something?

Thanks.

I've had the same issue, I don't know what I did, everything is on auto as far as the cam settings. However, it's been at least 35 years from my 35mm days with an old Yashica and Lietz to remember all those settings.

However, when I uploaded my first video to computer, my first thought was a bad card that came with my EVO II V2 Pro RTK.
Tried different cards. Ended up with the same make card (Scan Disk 128Gb), same card specs

What fixed it for now, and I've taken about 10 videos since i bought the UAV, is changing the media player to Windows Media Player-not classic There's a difference at least on my W7- 10 machines. There's no flutter or jerky videos and it's free. Can't edit with it but it's a quick player to use.

I'm deciding on maybe Adobe but I hate paying subscriptions for software. I'm still looking for other video editing software, just not top priority now with work and other obligations.

I hope this works for you.

Not sure what is with this replacement but I am getting flickering in lots of my footage. Shutter is 1/50sec and shooting 6K 24fps and adjusting ISO and aperture accordingly. Any idea??! I had this with a Evo 2 Pro 6K before and Autel swapped it out for me confirming a hardware issue or possibly a ribbon cable or something?

Thanks.

Looks like a HW problem to me, might need to send it in. No camera with daylight lighting should flicker like that; under florescent lighting or LED lighting is a different story.

I've had the same issue, I don't know what I did, everything is on auto as far as the cam settings. However, it's been at least 35 years from my 35mm days with an old Yashica and Lietz to remember all those settings.

However, when I uploaded my first video to computer, my first thought was a bad card that came with my EVO II V2 Pro RTK.
Tried different cards. Ended up with the same make card (Scan Disk 128Gb), same card specs

What fixed it for now, and I've taken about 10 videos since i bought the UAV, is changing the media player to Windows Media Player-not classic There's a difference at least on my W7- 10 machines. There's no flutter or jerky videos and it's free. Can't edit with it but it's a quick player to use.

I'm deciding on maybe Adobe but I hate paying subscriptions for software. I'm still looking for other video editing software, just not top priority now with work and other obligations.

I hope this works for you.

The flickering in @atortaloha's footage is not caused by the media player; yes a media player can cause flickering, but after sending it through a video editor and uploading it to YT the data rate will have dropped far enough to be playable by pretty much anything without flickering. The footage I saw shows something is most likely wrong with the actual camera.

As far as video editing goes that's a really simple one; it sounds like you are pretty familiar with videography already and you are looking for a professional NLE without the endless financial drain that Adobe calls a subscription so Davinci Resolve would be what I recommend. This question comes up every few months or so; here is one sample thread.

For the Studio edition it would be a one time license purchase for $300.00 with free updates for life. You will need a pretty recent NVIDIA video card to get the best performance out of it.

Reactions: EBEPLS
Looks like a HW problem to me, might need to send it in. No camera with daylight lighting should flicker like that; under florescent lighting or LED lighting is a different story.

The flickering in @atortaloha's footage is not caused by the media player; yes a media player can cause flickering, but after sending it through a video editor and uploading it to YT the data rate will have dropped far enough to be playable by pretty much anything without flickering. The footage I saw shows something is most likely wrong with the actual camera.

As far as video editing goes that's a really simple one; it sounds like you are pretty familiar with videography already and you are looking for a professional NLE without the endless financial drain that Adobe calls a subscription so Davinci Resolve would be what I recommend. This question comes up every few months or so; here is one sample thread.

For the Studio edition it would be a one time license purchase for $300.00 with free updates for life. You will need a pretty recent NVIDIA video card to get the best performance out of it.
I hope it's nothing wrong with atortaloha's camera. I've had my EVO for about 2 months and about 10 total flight hours.

I was looking at some of my first video files last night and the types made were in .mp4 format. The display in the Smart Controller was excellent during operation, so there was no indication of any problems until downloaded. I was playing around with the settings and started saving in .mov format. I can't remember exactly what they were. That's when all the fluttering, choppiness stopped, at least for me.

I'm flying today sometime and I'll take note of my amateur settings.

Thanks for the suggestion ! I'll take a look at Davinci Resolve, I've seen it in my searchers.

Last edited:
I hope it's nothing wrong with atortaloha's camera. I've had my EVO for about 2 months and about 10 total flight hours.

I was looking at some of my first video files last night and the types made were in .mp4 format. The display in the Smart Controller was excellent during operation, so there was no indication of any problems until downloaded. I was playing around with the settings and started saving in .mov format. I can't remember exactly what they were. That's when all the fluttering, choppiness stopped, at least for me.

I'm flying today sometime and I'll take note of my amateur settings.

Thanks for the suggestion ! I'll take a look at Davinci Resolve, I've seen it in my searchers.

That is unusual, usually it is the other way around; at least for the EVO II Pro MP4 uses the H.264 codec and MOV uses the H.265 codec. Typically H.265 is less likely to play without problems than H.264 due to HW acceleration issues.

Reactions: EBEPLS
That is unusual, usually it is the other way around; at least for the EVO II Pro MP4 uses the H.264 codec and MOV uses the H.265 codec. Typically H.265 is less likely to play without problems than H.264 due to HW acceleration issues.
Thanks for the info herein2021. I've been playing around with the cam settings and have been using both. H 265 does appear smoother/cleaner than H.264. Still playing with settings, I'm learning a lot on this forum.

I bought my UAV for FAA part 107 learning platform and just bought AgriSoft Metashape (recommended by Dave) after playing with it for awhile.

All of this is kinda overwhelming (fun) with my existing land surveying firm work, but I like to learn new things as I feel you have to keep the "brain processor" going in the latter years. It's no different with software/firmware... keeps things exciting as you get older

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm