Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flickering footage and color changes unusable

Autel Got back to me and recommended two procedures
Reset the camera using the Explorer app
remove and reset the camera gimble cable
I have not done either yet
I did fly over the pas weekend it was cloudy and warmer here in the Northeast I managed to get 3 short videos and none of them had the flicker and or color changes flew in auto exposure for this test.
Has anyone reset their camera wondering what this does?

Having exact same issue and driving me mental! All manual exposure and white balance too. And it just came back from Autel service and they swapped out the camera supposedly so have no clue! I never remember this being an issue.

Yes, I only use manual exposure and WB..
anyway for 1800 bucks I would expect it to work properly in auto or manual, or at least to have some help if it doesn't work.. right?
Autel swapped out my 6K camera and just flew it today and literally exact same issue! I wonder if could be! 😫

So they did not test it before it left and you flew it and it had the same issue.
Apparently not? I have no idea honestly the drone got to them and basically said replaced camera and was back on its way to me. Flew it on a small job today and literally nothing changed. This was from today....I just uploaded to YouTube still may be processing out. Really frustrated with this and know I am not alone.

Apparently not? I have no idea honestly the drone got to them and basically said replaced camera and was back on its way to me. Flew it on a small job today and literally nothing changed. This was from today....I just uploaded to YouTube still may be processing out. Really frustrated with this and know I am not alone.

Yeah, I see the flickering at the beginning of the video. I'll upload one of mine also it's pretty bad. After your first communication, I presume you contacted support did they just say send it back, or did they ask you to try a few procedures first then that didn't work and they said ship it back? Just trying to understand how this goofy autel support is working with the flickering issues.

Yeah, I see the flickering at the beginning of the video. I'll upload one of mine also it's pretty bad. After your first communication, I presume you contacted support did they just say send it back, or did they ask you to try a few procedures first then that didn't work and they said ship it back? Just trying to understand how this goofy autel support is working with the flickering issues.

What is also means is that your drone was not tested before it left Autel which is troubling. How long would it have taken to put her up in the air to take a video and check the results you can see it in the explorer preview without offloading it.

Reactions: atortaloha
Here is an example of the flickering Video it is unlisted just showing here for example

Here is an example of the flickering Video it is unlisted just showing here for example
That looks like auto-exposure hunting. You're using manual exposure, but it still looks like hunting. It seems like a software rather than a hardware issue. The connection, or hardware issues look much different. At least the ones I've seen.

They had me first reset camera settings inside the app. That did absolutely nothing. Then they had me send it in and replaced camera under warranty I guess and basically nothing changed whatsoever. I’m not sure if a device or cable on our end can cause this or what, but I never had this issue until recently so really don’t know what’s going on.

That looks like auto-exposure hunting. You're using manual exposure, but it still looks like hunting. It seems like a software rather than a hardware issue. The connection, or hardware issues look much different. At least the ones I've seen.
Yes I was shooting in Shutter priority 30fps @ 1/60 it pretty much in every video I shot that day but it did not happen last week. I have never had this happen before two weeks ago.

Yes I was shooting in Shutter priority 30fps @ 1/60 it pretty much in every video I shot that day but it did not happen last week. I have never had this happen before two weeks ago.
That is very strange. Especially that it just started all of a sudden. Next time you're flying, set the exposure to straight manual. no auto or priority, just a fixed setting, and see what you get.

That is very strange. Especially that it just started all of a sudden. Next time you're flying, set the exposure to straight manual. no auto or priority, just a fixed setting, and see what you get.
It happens to me in all manual NO auto anything.

It happens to me in all manual NO auto anything.
The anomoly in the video you shared looks like a similar but different problem, but maybe not. Maybe just different scenes. But they look different to me. It may be the same root problem though. Did your issue just start all of a sudden as well, or related to an update of firmware or app?

Reactions: atortaloha
The anomoly in the video you shared looks like a similar but different problem, but maybe not. Maybe just different scenes. But they look different to me. It may be the same root problem though. Did your issue just start all of a sudden as well, or related to an update of firmware or app?
Yes, it just started all of a sudden and pretty much as soon as I took off that day. I could see the flicker from my explorer app right away and I thought maybe it was losing video connection it seems to have lessened because i could not see as much of it in the explorer app but it was there. I took a lot of footage that day all ruined and if this would have had been paid work I would have been S@%&^ed. I'll upload another clip when I get the chance.

Another point I mentioned to Autel was the Evo seemed sluggish that day maybe that was me or my imagination but I do see it in my footage

Here is another clip of the changing flickering footage EVO 2 Pro. See the flicker as soon as I take off. This just bums me out to no end every time I look at it.

What is also means is that your drone was not tested before it left Autel which is troubling. How long would it have taken to put her up in the air to take a video and check the results you can see it in the explorer preview without offloading it.
I have no idea I’m very annoyed right now. Was on a job and just got crap flicker footage which ends up making me look like an ***.

Here is another clip of the changing flickering footage EVO 2 Pro. See the flicker as soon as I take off. This just bums me out to no end every time I look at it.
Yours looks like an exposure change more than flicker you have anything set to auto or no?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58