Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flickering footage and color changes unusable

The anomoly in the video you shared looks like a similar but different problem, but maybe not. Maybe just different scenes. But they look different to me. It may be the same root problem though. Did your issue just start all of a sudden as well, or related to an update of firmware or app?
Just kind of became an issue out of nowhere really.

I do not have time now, but please do this if you can:
1. Put the camera all in MANUAL mode, NORMAL profile, 0-0-0. AP 2.8, SS= as needed, DO NOT USE ND FILTER.
2. Search for the angle where you have the flicker visible (I strongly believe will be at 10AM, with the sun at 2-3 o'clock, gimbal 0 degrees).
3. At the moment you get the flicker starting, try the following (only one, not both same time):
A) Set the Normal profile at Contrast -2, Sharpness -2...see if still flickers.
if this not work (even if it works), go back to Normal 0-0-0 settings and make another record with:
B) Set your ISO manual to ISO200 (be sure you increase SS to compensate the light)....But keep AP at 2.8 all time.

Let me know the results.
I already experimented A and B, had positive feedback, but need to cross check it.

Hi guys I've got this flickering, Evo 1 pro. Is it the same as yours, or have I got it bad. This displays on my screen and all my videos
I've also contacted Autel and they've given me a ticket number. Still waiting and I've only got 2 months left before the warranty runs out. How frustrating.
On startup it's in photo mode. All is good but as soon as I hit video mode, back to photo mode it's a consistent Flicker in both modes.

Any updates on this issue? Tested a bunch of configs today with the same flight path- Manual with different settings vs auto, MP4 vs. MOV, H.264 vs. H.265. The flicker seems to manifest when in manual (various settings) using MP4 and H.264.265 with an iPad. MP4 vs. MOV doesn't matter. I sent a request to Autel over two weeks ago and aside from getting a robo ticket number, no word.

I c
Any updates on this issue? Tested a bunch of configs today with the same flight path- Manual with different settings vs auto, MP4 vs. MOV, H.264 vs. H.265. The flicker seems to manifest when in manual (various settings) using MP4 and H.264.265 with an iPad. MP4 vs. MOV doesn't matter. I sent a request to Autel over two weeks ago and aside from getting a robo ticket number, no word.

I cannot get autel to respond about anything either I have tried for multiple issues and nothing. Basically Autel has NO support for their customers I guess now…amazing.

Reactions: Whyrless

No man... tried everything.
Cleaning and tightening gimbal, various settings, whatever came up to my mind, and whatever people here suggested. Nothing works!
So what I do, I deflicker in Davinci Resolve. .
That works best.
But definitely will not pay another 2 grand for an Autel drone like this

Hi
Iv done many configurations, all the same.
Waiting for a response from Autel. It's flying great no problems there. I can take pictures although I have to take a few to get the right exposure.
Video is a no no.
The problem is the camera/drone as even when I just use the controller only, I can't see the flickering on the small screen but when I plug the SD card to the computer, its there.
It's just a waiting game. My ticket number is in. So the acknowledgement from Autel is there. But will they honour my problem before the warranty expires!

Hi
Iv done many configurations, all the same.
Waiting for a response from Autel. It's flying great no problems there. I can take pictures although I have to take a few to get the right exposure.
Video is a no no.
The problem is the camera/drone as even when I just use the controller only, I can't see the flickering on the small screen but when I plug the SD card to the computer, its there.
It's just a waiting game. My ticket number is in. So the acknowledgement from Autel is there. But will they honour my problem before the warranty expires!
Good luck on that man,
I've waited for over a year for that, and 3 firmware updates and nothing.
So don't expect anything from Autel technical support. They are useless.
Deflickering in Davinci Resolve works well for solving that issue. I am sure any video editing software has it's own way to deflicker.

NO Updates only what I've already put in the thread recently. It happens in manual mode mostly on shutter priority for me. I do not think you will hear anything from Autel quickly. There is an issue that definitely needs to be addressed on their end.

I c

I cannot get autel to respond about anything either I have tried for multiple issues and nothing. Basically Autel has NO support for their customers I guess now…amazing.
I hear you. Annoying. I should've stuck with DJI.

No man... tried everything.
Cleaning and tightening gimbal, various settings, whatever came up to my mind, and whatever people here suggested. Nothing works!
So what I do, I deflicker in Davinci Resolve. .
That works best.
But definitely will not pay another 2 grand for an Autel drone like this
The only other thing I can think of is that I am using an Autel ND16 filter on my 6K cam. Swapped it back to the original cover (not ND) and will fly later today with the same settings to rule that out.

The only other thing I can think of is that I am using an Autel ND16 filter on my 6K cam. Swapped it back to the original cover (not ND) and will fly later today with the same settings to rule that out.
Same thing happens to me with or without ND filter.. it's an issue that obviously is there and Autel either doesn't know how to or doesn't care to fix.

Hi guys I've got this flickering, Evo 1 pro. Is it the same as yours, or have I got it bad. This displays on my screen and all my videos
I've also contacted Autel and they've given me a ticket number. Still waiting and I've only got 2 months left before the warranty runs out. How frustrating.
On startup it's in photo mode. All is good but as soon as I hit video mode, back to photo mode it's a consistent Flicker in both modes.

It looks like you have issues with the cable...try to attach the cable again from gimbal to drone.

Same thing happens to me with or without ND filter.. it's an issue that obviously is there and Autel either doesn't know how to or doesn't care to fix.
It appears like they have basically given up on patches and fixes new features

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller