Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Beta For iOS & Android

Meaning headed in the same direction as DJI. Two of my major issues with DJI are the fact that offline maps don't work reliably, and their Android app support sucks. Offline maps don't work with Autel now (only caching, just like DJI), and if the iOS starts taking priority, I might as well just go back to DJI drones.

LP
They are not taking preference on iOS devices over Android. Both apps are in beta at the moment. Whoever programmed the Android version of the beta app simply made a mistake in their code that is making the missions fail. Once it's sorted out, it will work as advertised. Android's app is currently better developed and has more features than it's iOS counterpart. One example is VR.

Thanks....let's hope it stays that way. I LOVE the idea of missions built in. Right now I have to use Drone Harmony for that for DJI...

LP

Thanks....let's hope it stays that way. I LOVE the idea of missions built in. Right now I have to use Drone Harmony for that for DJI...

LP
Have you tried Pix4D? I always get best results when doing the 3D rendering on my photogrammetries with Pix4D.

Have you tried Pix4D? I always get best results when doing the 3D rendering on my photogrammetries with Pix4D.

I haven't. I started looking into it, but wasn't clear if I had to pay for it or not. I haven't tried doing anything complex yet anyway. I only used Drone Harmony to take top down shots of my property, not 3D rendering...

LP

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Meaning headed in the same direction as DJI. Two of my major issues with DJI are the fact that offline maps don't work reliably, and their Android app support sucks. Offline maps don't work with Autel now (only caching, just like DJI), and if the iOS starts taking priority, I might as well just go back to DJI drones.

LP
Ohh. Also don't forget the NFZ's.
I'll be sticking with my XSP till it dies.

Reactions: DadCorso80
Just tried a test flight over 4 acres with a Samsung S8. I used caution as Ansia warned android users. Aside from me getting photo timing and aircraft speed right, it worked well. I didnt have any issues with it flying and completing the mission as planned. Pix4d or DroneDeploy it's not. But it's a start and looks promising. Thanks Autel!

Reactions: Ansia
Just tried a test flight over 4 acres with a Samsung S8. I used caution as Ansia warned android users. Aside from me getting photo timing and aircraft speed right, it worked well. I didnt have any issues with it flying and completing the mission as planned. Pix4d or DroneDeploy it's not. But it's a start and looks promising. Thanks Autel!
Did your mission failed on screen or you could cancel it if you desired? I also fly with a Galaxy S8.

Did your mission failed on screen or you could cancel it if you desired? I also fly with a Galaxy S8.
The only message was a warning when I attempted to run the mission from a cold start (like DroneDeploy). I figured out I had to manually take off, hover, then fly the mission. I didnt try to abort the flight because it was working as planned. I'll try cancelling later just to see what happens. It might be a while before I can do that because of threatening weather coming in.

The only message was a warning when I attempted to run the mission from a cold start (like DroneDeploy). I figured out I had to manually take off, hover, then fly the mission. I didnt try to abort the flight because it was working as planned. I'll try cancelling later just to see what happens. It might be a while before I can do that because of threatening weather coming in.
I knew about having to be hovering before sending the mission out. the iOS version told me so. My problem with Android is that, when I send the mission and the drone accepts it and is en route to it's first point, I get a red message indicating "Mission Aborted" and the screen returns to editing of the mission. The drone continues to fly the mission, but not being able to cancel it, is quite scary. I was able to hit Return To Home and get it back to safety.

I knew about having to be hovering before sending the mission out. the iOS version told me so. My problem with Android is that, when I send the mission and the drone accepts it and is en route to it's first point, I get a red message indicating "Mission Aborted" and the screen returns to editing of the mission. The drone continues to fly the mission, but not being able to cancel it, is quite scary. I was able to hit Return To Home and get it back to safety.
I read your post about that. Scared me enough to put off flying a mission until I was well clear of obstacles and gave er a go.
I was looking and preparing for that red message. Didnt get one, thankfully. Other than taking off first, it flew the mission like my phantom does. Photo timing and ac speed excluded.
1 other thing to note. I flew the evo to get a quick photo after the mission. My single shot was changed to every 2 seconds. I didnt notice until I landed and had about 40 extra photos I didnt need. I have to remember to change photo settings back.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for being the beta testers and providing the great updates, very much appreciated! Make sure Autel knows (not sure what the protocol is, submit a support ticket?) what the bugs are so they can work some magic on getting this feature refined.

Reactions: Ansia
I tried it out today for the first time. I didn't have issues with the mission failing, but when I pulled the card to check the photos, it stopped taking pics before it reached the end of the first pass in the survey (the map had a total of 20 passes in it), so that was pretty disappointing. It did however continue to fly the survey, it just stopped taking pics.

Anyone know what the best avenue is to send Autel feedback on this?

Pics only or video as well ? Go on their website I believe.

I tried it out today for the first time. I didn't have issues with the mission failing, but when I pulled the card to check the photos, it stopped taking pics before it reached the end of the first pass in the survey (the map had a total of 20 passes in it), so that was pretty disappointing. It did however continue to fly the survey, it just stopped taking pics.

Anyone know what the best avenue is to send Autel feedback on this?
I sent them an email. They take care of the resr.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel