Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Beta For iOS & Android

You're welcome but with this mindset there is no going forward. This is stale thinking which would not have brought this fine drone to what it is able today and more to come
with this Beta FW.
My only complaint is that those like you who voluntarily participate in the Beta testing for the benefit of everyone are now doing so at their own risk. That is wrong, and needs to change, for your benefit.

Reactions: Tufargon
So I been reading a post in the Autel Facebook Page from a fellow who claims this

"Since the new beta update my evo doesn’t move on the map so I am unaware of where it is and scared to hit return home. Has anyone else had this problem? "

So if that is true will the EVO know where the home point is if it needs to RTH?
Anybody having the same issue?

Nothing of the sort at my end though I am instructed to return mine to Autel because it would not follow waypoints.
Apparently it a small hardware issue. Still on warranty so will be going out today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hey Normex, I hope you get it back before the summer is over. I heard turn around times are getting longer. With us being out of country that might not help for transportation. And hopefully you don't have to pay duty fees again. Keep us informed on how this goes.

They use DHL and the drone will be picked up today at my residence, will arrive to them this next Thursday from there will see.

I bought a whoop racing drone (Mobula7) from Rotorgeeks near Toronto. They sent me my receiver a Tarianis X7.
It is a new world and a bit hard to follow but helps me trying to stay sharp :)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
My only complaint is that those like you who voluntarily participate in the Beta testing for the benefit of everyone are now doing so at their own risk. That is wrong, and needs to change, for your benefit.

I emailed our concerns to Autel and this is the reply I got. Seems to be as as always. They will back up the warranty if it proves to be a problem with the beta.

Hello

Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics! Just as with any incident that occurs with the drone, whether on beta or otherwise, we would bring in the equipment for an evaluation to determine if there was an issue with the beta which could have caused the issue, or if it were a pilot controlled incident. Warranty would still cover just as it does now. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Knew that all along but thanks Agustine, proves they're no DJI.

I emailed our concerns to Autel and this is the reply I got. Seems to be as as always. They will back up the warranty if it proves to be a problem with the beta.

Hello

Thank you for contacting Autel Robotics! Just as with any incident that occurs with the drone, whether on beta or otherwise, we would bring in the equipment for an evaluation to determine if there was an issue with the beta which could have caused the issue, or if it were a pilot controlled incident. Warranty would still cover just as it does now. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Unfortunately, Autel's disclaimer on their website directly contradicts your understanding of what they wrote above. They wrote you, "Warranty would still cover just as it does now."
There is no warranty on any Beta Firmware now. See below.

• Last
  • Email*

• Acknowledgement*
    • I agree to the terms and conditions
Terms of responsibility and liability:

By using the components/UAV covered by this declaration, the signee agrees to the following terms of responsibility:

• The user understands that the component/drone covered by this agreement have not been fully developed and may cause unknown problems or defects. The user agrees to accept all damage and risk and will hold Autel Robotics and its companies harmless.
  • Any risk in the use of Autel Robotics component/drone, and the consequences from illegal or non-normal use, the user releases all responsibility from the Autel Robotics /dealers, including but not limited to any personal injury, compensation liability, direct or indirect property damage. If Autel Robotics is required by law to be held responsible, the upper limit of the liability is limited to the amount of purchase component/UAV.

Last edited:
I don't think you're reading it right. All it says if the drone because of using Beta fw and of course they are not liable for damages done to other than drone. It is very understandable any company worth their salt will try to limit their liability. A a company I would not advertise that all repairs are covered. It will be a one by one case resolution. The ones who will raise a raucous are normally the ones that have no experience or stunts or similar. If one wants to build experience he or she should start with 200.00 drone jobs.

Unfortunately, Autel's disclaimer on their website directly contradicts your understanding of what they wrote above. They wrote you, "Warranty would still cover just as it does now."
There is no warranty on any Beta Firmware now. See below.

• Last
  • Email*

• Acknowledgement*
    • I agree to the terms and conditions
Terms of responsibility and liability:

By using the components/UAV covered by this declaration, the signee agrees to the following terms of responsibility:

• The user understands that the component/drone covered by this agreement have not been fully developed and may cause unknown problems or defects. The user agrees to accept all damage and risk and will hold Autel Robotics and its companies harmless.
  • Any risk in the use of Autel Robotics component/drone, and the consequences from illegal or non-normal use, the user releases all responsibility from the Autel Robotics /dealers, including but not limited to any personal injury, compensation liability, direct or indirect property damage. If Autel Robotics is required by law to be held responsible, the upper limit of the liability is limited to the amount of purchase component/UAV.

All I can tell you is I asked a direct question and got a direct answer. Way different from what you are trying to project in your comments. I suggest if you have any questions from what I posted and from my and others past experience that you seem to lack you should contact Autel directly and ask them.
I can only post what was told to me and I'm sorry its not good enough for you.

I don't think you're reading it right. All it says if the drone because of using Beta fw and of course they are not liable for damages done to other than drone. It is very understandable any company worth their salt will try to limit their liability. A a company I would not advertise that all repairs are covered. It will be a one by one case resolution. The ones who will raise a raucous are normally the ones that have no experience or stunts or similar. If one wants to build experience he or she should start with 200.00 drone jobs.
Well, it also does not separately state that they will cover any damage to the drone directly deemed by Autel to be caused by the Beta FW, which means "the user agrees to accept all damage" including damage to the drone. Nothing prevents them from independently covering the drone outside of the Terms of Responsibility, but you have expressly waived all legal rights to such coverage, by installing the Beta. Everything at Autel is changing. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. I'm just the messenger, dissecting their doublespeak. Clearly, they need free Beta testers.

Well, it also does not separately state that they will cover any damage to the drone directly deemed by Autel to be caused by the Beta FW, which means "the user agrees to accept all damage" including damage to the drone. Nothing prevents them from independently covering the drone outside of the Terms of Responsibility, but you have expressly waived all legal rights to such coverage, by installing the Beta. Everything at Autel is changing. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. I'm just the messenger, dissecting their doublespeak. Clearly, they need free Beta testers.

Liker I said any concerns you might have direct them to Autel. I have tried to communicate Autels response and you seem to just want to be negative. When you get a return email from support we would really like to hear what they have to say. I for one would like to hear if it was different from what I received.

All I can tell you is I asked a direct question and got a direct answer. Way different from what you are trying to project in your comments. I suggest if you have any questions from what I posted and from my and others past experience that you seem to lack you should contact Autel directly and ask them.
I can only post what was told to me and I'm sorry its not good enough for you.
I assure you, no disrespect towards you and your efforts was intended, nor am I questioning your and others past experience in any way. However, the Autel email reply did not explicitly state that they will cover any damage to the drone directly deemed by Autel to be caused by the Beta FW. If they put that explicit statement in writing, then we can rely upon it. Otherwise, you are flying completely at your own risk on Beta FW, which cannot be rolled back. As long as you and others are willing to knowingly assume that risk, thank you!

I am sure that if you are flying the beta firmware and suddenly one of the motors stop working, you will be covered. Now, if you are flying your drone with beta and try to hand launch, causing you to panic and throw the drone against the wall. Then you are on your own.

This is my interpretation of the disclaimer and if you disagree with me...

giphy.gif

I assure you, no disrespect towards you and your efforts was intended, nor am I questioning your and others past experience in any way. However, the Autel email reply did not explicitly state that they will cover any damage to the drone directly deemed by Autel to be caused by the Beta FW. If they put that explicit statement in writing, then we can rely upon it. Otherwise, you are flying completely at your own risk on Beta FW, which cannot be rolled back. As long as you and others are willing to knowingly assume that risk, thank you!

Fine you made your own point and please let me or us out of your understanding of the facts with Autel. Play it safe it's your own choice.

Liker I said any concerns you might have direct them to Autel. I have tried to communicate Autels response and you seem to just want to be negative. When you get a return email from support we would really like to hear what they have to say. I for one would like to hear if it was different from what I received.
I won't be installing any Beta FW, so I have no need. You have clearly communicated Autel's response. However, it does not explicitly state what you want to read into it. That's hardly your fault in any way! I'm sorry you find that negative rather than helpful. Anyone installing Beta FW deserves a very clear understanding of their assumption of the risks. They are laid out in the Terms of Responsibility and Liability on the website. Nothing other than a far more explicit email stating that, "Autel will cover any damage to the drone directly deemed by Autel to be caused by the Beta FW," will change that. They are under no legal obligation to do what they used to do. YMMV.

I won't be installing any Beta FW, so I have no need. You have clearly communicated Autel's response. However, it does not explicitly state what you want to read into it. That's hardly your fault in any way! I'm sorry you find that negative rather than helpful. Anyone installing Beta FW deserves a very clear understanding of their assumption of the risks. They are laid out in the Terms of Responsibility and Liability on the website. Nothing other than a far more explicit email stating that, "Autel will cover any damage to the drone directly deemed by Autel to be caused by the Beta FW," will change that. They are under no legal obligation to do what they used to do. YMMV.

You missed your vocation, lawyers are stepping aside

I understand the mistrust but I can tell you the one company that will stand up even if it is questionable is Autel. I have been involved in many Beta programs from firmware and Apps. I have had direct contact with the developers on my results and can tell you I never feared I was going to not get a replacement if something went wrong. Yes the company has changed but the way they do business has not changed.

Autel has responded and will repair as follow ":FCC board and remote control right and left antennas need to be replaced "
All this under warranty at no cost. In a way it is a good thing we had the Beta as I would have never found out since
otherwise the Evo was functioning great. Glad to have chosen Autel.

Last edited:
Autel has responded and will repair as follow ":FCC board and remote control right and left antennas need to be replaced "
All this under warranty at no cost. In a way it is a good thing we had the Beta as I would have never found out since
otherwise the Evo was functioning great. Glad to have chosen Autel.
You lost me. So you were in Beta and that damaged your FCX board and both antennas?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy