Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Beta For iOS & Android

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Hello EVO Explorer app users,
We are working to:
1. Release a new iOS Explorer app V1.0.87
2. Update the current Android Explorer beta app V1.0.1.23 to the latest beta version V1.0.1.33

Comparing to the current iOS official and Android beta versions, the changes include:
iOS V1.0.87:
- Added Boat Mode
- Added Mission Planning feature
Android V1.0.1.33:
- Added Mission Planning feature

If you would like to try (or beta test) the app prior to the official release, you can do so by following steps.
?To use the iOS beta app,
First, use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/tqiPLmbi
Second, follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
?To use the Android beta app,
First, use your mobile device to visit this link:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.autel.explorer
Second, Login with your Google Play store registered account, if you are not already logged in.
Third, Click the "BECOME A TESTER".
Fourth, click the link - download it on Google Play.
Fifth - Click "Install" and you will get the download installed.
At any time, if you do not want to use the beta app, or want to revert back to the Google Play store version, you can search “Autel Explorer” in Google Play store, and at the bottom of the “Explorer” app page, click “LEAVE” to leave the beta test group. Then uninstall the beta app, and you will be able to re-install the official released app.

If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems with the firmware, please let us know immediately by contacting our customer service at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], chat with us online at AutelDrones.com, or leave comments below this post.
Thanks for your support.
Born to explore!

The new mission option looks pretty good. I would compare it to the way Pix4D is set up.

Finally!!! Doesn't compare with Pix4D, but I will try it out and see how my photogrammetry comes out.

Keep us posted please on the mission planning, looks like progress!!

OK dld and set screen or mission then upld and it fails at last before pressing the big Fly the small fly uploads the mission and where it fails at last

OK dld and set screen or mission then upld and it fails at last before pressing the big Fly the small fly uploads the mission and where it fails at last
Perhaps we have to install a firmware on our birds in order for this to work? I get off from work in 45 minutes. I will race home and give it a try.

I only hope you have good news Ansia.
And BTW I used the Android version. Maybe I should try my Iphone 6S and see what it gives.
no promise, getting a bit tired

Last edited:
I only hope you have good news Ansia.
And BTW I used the Android version. Maybe I should try my Iphone 6S and see what it gives.
no promise, getting a bit tired
I have good news. Just used the mission part of the app. Give me a few and I will link you the photos taken. I did use iPhone for this flight.

So you managed to go with the mission and establish a grid and it flew and videod the grid and if you set it to go home it came back
after it flown the grid ? The lowest alt I could use was 100ft or 30 m.

So you managed to go with the mission and establish a grid and it flew and videod the grid and if you set it to go home it came back
after it flown the grid ? The lowest alt I could use was 100ft or 30 m.
Correct. Once it finished, it landed on HP. I flew at 150'. It did the grid exacly as I asked it. I will upload my grid once I get home so you can see my mission.

I just tried it with Android. Total disaster. It uploaded the mission successfuly, drone took off and half way while it was gaining altitude, it said "mission aborted". Drone went ahead and did the mission, poorly. It followed the lines at the begginning, but at the end it did an extra curved line. It kept taking photos even after it landed. I had no way to cancel mission or control the drone. It was scary. Keep that in mind for now.

Hey many thanks... I pulled my 6S from the mothballs and will give it a go.
Could be in an hour or so

Reactions: Ansia
Being that it is Beta they need to know about any good or bad experiences. Hopefully they still want to hear from you Ansia ? ?:D

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
Wait....I thought Autel was supposed to be more Android focused! Geez....I feel like they're headed right back to DJI! Has anyone with Android tried it with success?

LP

Wait....I thought Autel was supposed to be more Android focused! Geez....I feel like they're headed right back to DJI! Has anyone with Android tried it with success?

LP
Not sure what you mean by they're headed right back to DJI?

Being that it is Beta they need to know about any good or bad experiences. Hopefully they still want to hear from you Ansia ? ?:D
I don't know how to contact and inform them that they should fire the android ecosystem developer. ???

LP
I was successful. my Evo did complete the original flight path I gave it. It just did an extra line and kept taking photos all the way until I turned it off. All I have to do is remove the useless photos and it should work great. I'm going to start the Photogrammetry process now. It should be done by tomorrow or the day after. Look forward to it.

I thought you would include the photos with the IOS

Not sure what you mean by they're headed right back to DJI?

Meaning headed in the same direction as DJI. Two of my major issues with DJI are the fact that offline maps don't work reliably, and their Android app support sucks. Offline maps don't work with Autel now (only caching, just like DJI), and if the iOS starts taking priority, I might as well just go back to DJI drones.

LP

I thought you would include the photos with the IOS
Still uploading to dropbox. My connections is being lame at the moment and it's 70+ photos taken. Please be patient.

Here is the link where you will be able to see the photos. They are still being uploaded, but you should see some already inside the folder.

Edit: @Normex All photos that I took on my first iOS mission have been uploaded.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d