Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Fooling around with Photogrammetry and 3D Rendering

How much does a property like that go for?
The house per se isn't worth much in the condition it's in, although the current owner has plans to restore it. The plot of land is rather big (real estate in an island is limited due to size, don't consider the vast plots of lands from continents as your standard), so it should be somewhere around $250-300k USD.

Reactions: Madhungarian
Getting ready to go out and run my first mission.
Still nervous that the Explorer app can't figure out my GPS location.

Getting ready to go out and run my first mission.
Still nervous that the Explorer app can't figure out my GPS location.
Use a different phone. It is not normal for the app not to know where you are if your drone is connected and ready to fly.

It works fine in camera mode, and my GPS position is correct in every other app that uses it. It's just Mission Mode. I opened a ticket with Autel.

I just ran a 12-minute mission. Very cool as a first-timer to watch the drone run autonomously.
I set it to 2 mph which was probably too slow. It wasn't able to finish before Low Battery. It's kind of breezy today.

Crunching the data now.

Edit: Right about now I'm wishing I had an Nvidia GPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
The result is ugly and made us laugh but I'm hooked on the concept.
I need to figure out how to get better resolution.

The front of the house was in shade so it's just...missing.

The drone should be able to see the shade. Make sure to angle your camera between 70-80 degrees for more details. The app does fill up voids with triangles, but it gets the job done.

Pretty bad...
Actually that is pretty much what you will get. You can improve a bit here or there, but if you want high quality model, you will need to fly closer and with a better camera.

When I want more details, after the drone has done it's mission, I will fly around the structure while taking photos and add those photos for processing.

I just tried another program called Reality Capture and it won't even let you create a model if you don't have an NVidia card. Wow.

You have to remember that these programs require a lot of rendering power. I have a very basic first level gaming computer and it struggles most of the time.
Its really to bad these programs don't have a proxy setting in them like some video editors have.

I am a NVIDIA fan. I use a GTX 860m in SLI on 1 pc, a GT 710 on another, and RTX 2060 at work.

I have found that 3DF Zephyr is a lightweight app for photogrammetry. It runs smooth even in my 12 year old pc.

I should be happy when I try it. I have an Nvidia gtx 1060 in my laptop.

Last edited:
I only have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and it does OK. My kid has all the good stuff on his computer. Going to swap them out one of these days LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Open up his pc when he's not around and unplug something to make the pc useless. When he comes to you about it, simply tell him to take yours and voila! You got yourself a new gaming pc. ?

I don't mind if I had to start it and let it run overnight. I was just surprised that it outright won't run at all without it.

Anyway, I just ran my mission again. This time it will have an extra 2 passes that it didn't do before.
I ran at 5 mph so we'll see if that added any blur.

Since there aren't any camera settings in Mission, I thought maybe it would use the settings from the Camera screen. But it didn't. I was set to shoot JPG + RAW but it only shot JPG.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller