Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New AUTEL LITE Series firmware is out: 1.8.3

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) Night Mode the three modes of night mode are missing, am I missing something here. Not sure they went missing in previous firmware.
They did change the layout of night mode in the app, as compared to earlier releases. I did a night flight after updating to this latest app/firmware version and I took a few sample shots in all three night modes. To change modes, I selected Night from the menu, then tapped the small thumbnail on the bottom-right side of the app screen to choose between the 3 night mode pre-sets.

Since the firmware update I have done a little playing around to see if I notice any improvements. I did the Track feature for around 3 minutes, walking around a building, brush & trees. Unfortunately, I had not tested this feature out before - so I don't know if what I experienced was an improvement or not. But the Evo Lite+ followed me well, dancing around a few tree branches. It stayed about 15 feet back and 10' up as it followed my path. It only lost me when I reversed direction and quickly ducked under the drone.

I also tested a couple of the automated flight modes after this last update. I had tested the flick and the orbit before this firmware update. While the features seemed to work OK, the drone didn't do a very good job making the center 'point of interest' the actual center point that I selected in the app. The point of interest always seemed to be slightly out of center frame. It appears that they've made some headway in tuning these autonomous features. The flicks and the orbits that I did after the firmware update appeared to have locked onto the target much better than before. The autonomous flights still get messed up if there is anything in the neighborhood of the obstacle avoidance sensors when the drone is doing its thing. I started my flick above anything that I could have hit, yet the drone did some pauses and timid movements when the drone passed over some brush and a fence. So I tried again with obstacle avoidance off and my thumb on the pause button. The video turned out perfectly smooth flying the same path with obstacle avoidance off.

Attachments

• -1_2_0_2023_03_01_19_29_44_MAX_0006.JPG
    -1_2_0_2023_03_01_19_29_44_MAX_0006.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 8
  • -1_2_0_2023_03_01_19_29_34_MAX_0005.JPG
    -1_2_0_2023_03_01_19_29_34_MAX_0005.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • -1_2_0_2023_03_01_19_29_14_MAX_0004.JPG
    -1_2_0_2023_03_01_19_29_14_MAX_0004.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Fire377
Since this firmware update includes Remote ID broadcast functionality, I tried to update my FAA registration to show Remote ID enabled for my Autel Evo Lite+. It wouldn't accept my LT09xxxxx187 S/N. The error was 'Invalid S/N' and the changes wouldn't save. Googling the issue, I ran across a DJI forum discussing this. Apparently, the FAA S/N field is looking for a 20 digit number and the forum made mention of a 1581F prefix and trailing zeros to complete the SN 20 digit requirement. FYI: I tried adding the prefix to my drone SN and added the trailing zeros. The FAA site took it. I don't know if it is right, but it saved. Either Autel or the FAA need to put forth more instructions on this topic. I'm not too comfortable with guessing. Do any of you know anything about this prefix, registration SN formatting, etc. There's a ton if info about what remote ID is (or will be), but little on exactly how to comply.

View attachment 15778
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a DJI specific prefix. If you take a peek at the Autel Lite+ Declaration of Compliance ( 1748CLTC) and compare it to the DJI DoC you'll see that 1581 on the DJI while ours should start with the 1748 SN. I may test this later to see if I can get it to take my Lite+ using something like 1748CLTO9xxxx since LTO9 is what my SN starts with and work from that... the SN is supposed to be that 4 digit Manufacturer code, followed by a "lenght" code, followed by up to a 15 digit SN

Reactions: LoneDrone
Just verified that I can add the drone if I use the 1748CTLC922.... SN that my drone has and they want $5 to register that.
With that said, my drone is LTO serial # and I hate to pay the money to register that way if it's not the right SN they expect.
It may be worth talking to Autel support to see how we need to add these. :/

This is the response I got from Autel regrading FAA registration for Remote ID:

On the back of your box for your aircraft there should be a bunch of barcodes. One of those barcodes is for your serial number of your aircraft. If on this box, it begins with a 1748C, that is your serial number and your aircraft is compliant with the FAA and can be registered with them.

If your serial number does not begin with a 1748C, we are currently working on a firmware update for the aircraft models that currently have the RFID chip. We will have a firmware update before the expected compliance date in September.

Just verified that I can add the drone if I use the 1748CTLC922.... SN that my drone has and they want $5 to register that.
With that said, my drone is LTO serial # and I hate to pay the money to register that way if it's not the right SN they expect.
It may be worth talking to Autel support to see how we need to add these. :/
Thanks for the tip about the prefix I was using being associated with DJI. I think you are right that I was doing it totally wrong. Anyway, I was able to update the remote ID SN on my FAA Dronezone account using the Autel prefix 1748C that you pointed out. The remaining portion of the entry was my exact aircraft S/N - with no trailing zeros. Note that the LT09xxx that the aircraft SN begins with is LTzero9 (not the letter O). So, the SN that I registered was 17 digits total: 1748CLT0999999999, This may not be right either, but it probably is and certainly closer than what I had before. I'm sure instructions from the FAA and/or Autel will be forthcoming eventually - but I feel better that I've made an honest effort to comply.

And I take back what I said in an earlier post about the 'point of interest' quickshot modes appearing to do a better job locking onto the target after the last firmware update. Autel still has some work to do. Over this past weekend I put the drone through some more testing. The Flicks all did a decent job staying on the selected point of interest, but I was 1 for 4 on the orbits that I tried. All 4 orbits nailed the first half of the circle keeping the subject well centered. Then the subject just drifted way out of center on 3 of the 4 orbits. Two orbits were so far off that the selected 'point of interest' was completely off camera for about 20% of the video. All 4 orbits ended where they started with the subject centered, but 3 of the 4 failed to stay locked onto the subject.

I regret installing this update. Since purchasing a Lite+ a few months ago I recently started getting an issue where the gimbal would shake and be twitching on take off - where itcwas stable and "ready to fly". A quick landing and power cycle and I was good to go. These events always happened when launching from grass, and I suspect the initial gimbal set during powering on was possibly hampered by touching something during that set of motions.

After flashing v1.8.3, I now got "Gimbal Error or Gimbal abnormal" with the shaking. Landing and restarting it would not clear. I moved and found some pavement and got it airborne. All good until, during the flight, it kept initiating RTH with no action on my part, and with full signal strength. 5 bars, in fact. I've flown this aircraft at least 100 flights, and never once had an uncommanded RTH, while at full signal strength. Checked that all module versions and they all are at listed levels for V1.8.3

An earlier post mentioned refreshing the FW.

If needed reflash the firmware

If Autel isn't releasing them for SDcard update method, and you can't be prompted for flashing, how would I refresh the package? Autel finally figured out how to update batteries without running the entire update again, but I have yet to see a way to force any update except the Beta that you could download and install via sdcard. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any ideas! I would be perfectly happy rolling back to the previous version for now -something I ALSO need access to the FW download.

Last edited:
The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) Night Mode the three modes of night mode are missing, am I missing something here. Not sure they went missing in previous firmware.
The night modes weren`t even on my app when I first bought it. Autel apparently changed that on one of the updates.

Last edited:
The night modes weren`t even on mine when I first bought it so Autel apparently changed that on one of the updates.

Přeji pěkný den. Poradí někdo jak udělat aktualizaci z v 1.6.5.na v 1.8.2 ? nějak se nemohu nikde dopátrat návod. Děkuji moc.

I have an EVO Lite+ with Firmware Version 1.8.3 and Sky App Version 1.4.54
The App says that it is Broadcasting the RemoteID, yet the QGroundControl or other RemoteID app's don't receive the Remote ID
or detect the Autel EVO Lite+ drone.
ANY One know it this firmware version is ACTUALLY transmitting Remote ID ?

Thanks

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) contains the following components update:

New Features:

• Added Remote ID function in Untied State region
  • Added Takeoff in Attitude Mode function

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:

• Optimized the image transmission stability
  • Optimized the detection performance of the vision system
  • Optimized the gimbal stability
  • Fixed the aircraft oscillation issue
  • Fixed other minor known issues

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.3 (Released on Feb 28, 2023) contains the following components update:

COMPONENTLite / Lite +
Flight ControlV1.0.24.72 / V3.0.24.73
ESCV3.1.0.5
CameraV2.1.8.27
Image TransmissionV1.0.7.3
RC Image TransmissionV1.0.7.3
Remote ControlV1.0.4.5 / V2.0.0.8
Vision ModuleV1.0.1.5
GimbalV1.0.0.71
BatteryV0.1.5.0
SonarV1.0.1.7

You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade.

Please refer to the Firmware Version Table for firmare version details

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.8.2 Release Notes​

The EVO Lite series firmware package V1.8.2 (Released on Feb 24, 2023) contains the following components update:

New Features​

• Added Remote ID function for the United States region
  • Added ATTI mode for Japan region

Bug Fixes and Optimizations
  • Optimized the image transmission stability
  • Optimized the detection performance of the vision system
  • Optimized the gimbal stability
  • Fixed the aircraft oscillation issue
  • Fixed and optimized minor known issues

You need to update the Autel Sky App first before the OTA firmware upgrade. Here is the version for your reference:

COMPONENTLite Series
Flight ControlV1.0.24.72 / V3.0.24.73
ESCV3.1.0.5
CameraV2.1.8.27
Image TransmissionV1.0.7.3
RC Image TransmissionV1.0.7.3
Remote ControlV1.0.4.5 / V2.0.0.8
Vision ModuleV1.0.1.5
GimbalV1.0.0.70
BatteryV0.1.5.0
SonarV1.0.1.7

* The Flight Control & Remote Control firmware have two different versions, and both of these versions are safe for flying
"Added Remote ID function in Untied State region" 👀 . . . 🙄 lukappaseiilsolito!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg