Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo2 v.2 Official FW Release (V. 2.4.35 2023-03-22)

Looking at my processed point cloud and ortho image from yesterday test flights, everything looks good even with the app crash and brief loss of RTK.

Reactions: Detritalgeo
You guys are getting .mrk and .obs files that contain data, correct?
I tested the V2 app and FW with my Enterprise Dual 640 T RTK V2 with Smart Controller: the Rinex.obs and Timestamp.mrk are well populated. There is also a PPKRAW.bin file about 1/10 the size of the obs.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
I tested the V2 app and FW with my Enterprise Dual 640 T RTK V2 with Smart Controller: the Rinex.obs and Timestamp.mrk are well populated. There is also a PPKRAW.bin file about 1/10 the size of the obs.
Yes. I get the normal set of mrk, ppk>bin and rinex files.

It sounds like the issues with crashing might be app related and not firmware. This is the first interation of the V.2 Autel Explorer, so maybe Autel will get this fixed. But the Max is supposed to run on yet a different app, so who knows.

I use the Smart Controller
A fellow using a standard controller reports no app crashing on Explorer V2. The issue may be the old version of android or under powered processor in the SC.

You might try a clean install of the app on the SC. In android settings, reset to default and then load the .apk.
Back up everything you need first as it will wipe the SC. Early in owning the Ent. V2, I had to do this with an early FW once.

ou might try a clean install of the app on the SC. In android settings, reset to default and then load the .apk.
Back up everything you need first as it will wipe the SC. Early in owning the Ent. V2, I had to do this with an early FW once.
I tried this, didn't work for me.

I updated my second Autel Evo 2 Enterprise RTK V2 drone with the Dual 640R camera. Overall the test flight survey went fine. No real issues except the PPKRAW and Rinex.obs for the initial battery did not write data. See attachment. After the battery change, both The PPKRAW and Rinex.obs files contained data. I also included a screen capture of the new Autel Explorer App V2 interface showing some additional features including the drone battery percentage and point where the drone stopped for a battery change. Once the battery was changed the drone flew to this point and started the survey again. The overall flight went very smooth and performed in a time efficient manner.

Attachments

• 2023-04-18_11-16-48.jpg
    2023-04-18_11-16-48.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-04-18_11-14-45.jpg
    2023-04-18_11-14-45.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Please, can anyone send me the Beta firmware. I can't keep going with these force closes but I want to keep the new features.

I ran into another issue with the new software. When shooting thermal IR images this morning, the round thumbnail image above the camera shutter button now displays rgb vs thermal ir image. I have used this thumbnail to confirm the image was acquired. The thumbnail images takes longer to be created and is an rgb vs thermal ir image. See attached screen capture (green arrow).

Attachments

• 2023-04-20_10-45-51.jpg
    2023-04-20_10-45-51.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 11
I ran into another issue with the new software. When shooting thermal IR images this morning, the round thumbnail image above the camera shutter button now displays rgb vs thermal ir image. I have used this thumbnail to confirm the image was acquired. The thumbnail images takes longer to be created and is an rgb vs thermal ir image. See attached screen capture (green arrow).
so these used to be the IR image as the thumbnail?
640R or 640T?

Yesterday, I updated my enterprise from Beta Version to official version (Autel Explorer v2) and also my 4 batteries. So, maybe I’ll test it today and just hope to not have issues!

Reactions: EBEPLS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller