Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Maybe the best 7" now 8" tablet for drone flying? TRIPLTEK

I made some USB adapters....it's dead simple. Did it just because. Tested and verified working. Here are some pics of the end product. Used parts recommended by Richard above. (ssb73q)

Attachments

• 20210802_080858.jpg
    20210802_080858.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 8
I made some USB adapters....it's dead simple. Did it just because. Tested and verified working. Here are some pics of the end product. Used parts recommended by Richard above. (ssb73q)
Nice job! Did you also install a resistor on the GND terminal to block the charging circuit? Did you use the 20 or 39 ohm resistor? I'm just curious....

Why not a 90 degree connector? You could use small paper clip pieces bent 90 degrees and soldered between the two connectors. Install the resistor into the "gnd" circuit parallel with the paper clip pieces and encase everything using two-part epoxy putty for rigidity.

Yep, resistor installed and checked. I used the 1/2 watt 20ohm, and they work fine. This is the first design, so may work on a smaller version today if I have time. With the heavy duty shrink on these, they are pretty solid. I also used hot glue to make sure they hold together, before I shrink wrapped. There is like zero charging going on and Explorer launches immediately once connected. Using this type of connector, means you can use any cable you want to connect your phone/tablet.

Yep, resistor installed and checked. I used the 1/2 watt 20ohm, and they work fine. This is the first design, so may work on a smaller version today if I have time. With the heavy duty shrink on these, they are pretty solid. I also used hot glue to make sure they hold together, before I shrink wrapped. There is like zero charging going on and Explorer launches immediately once connected. Using this type of connector, means you can use any cable you want to connect your phone/tablet.
Sounds like it would make a solid setup and I like the idea that any usb-a to usb-c cable can now be used!

Hi Quad, I use the adapter with two cables. A short USB A cable plugged into the controller and the adapter and another short USB A to USB C cable connected to the adapter and the tablet.
Regards,
Richard

Reactions: Quad808
One reviewer claimed it would not run the EVO II App. Said it would lag or totally lock up. Also said they are working on a fix. Captain Drone said it was a easy fix but I have yet to find any info on a fix.
Just thought I would throw that out there if you are considering this unit for a larger display.

If you know what the fix is please post it in the comments.
Thanks
Didn't need a fix. The TRIPLTEK PRO ran the EVO 2 Autel exporer app faster than my Iphone 12.

Reactions: Third Eye View
View attachment 8872
View attachment 8873
Non of them cant reach even 1000 nits acording gsmarena.com tests above
But You are right I was using iPad mini 4 for some time - now switched to Huawey P30 Pro and picture is not even to be compared in bright sunny day
I assume newer Samsung phone will be even better If You can afford them :( ;)
View attachment 8874
THE MAX NITS ON CELL PHONES IS EXACTLY WHAT IS MEANS: MAXIMUM. When cell phone get too hot they instantly drop their brightness levels almost by half. THE TRIPLTEK PRO DOESN'T OVER HEAT and does not drop it's nits levels. It maintains a constant 1200 nits.

My "modded" cable with the 39ohm resistor seemed to have some communication issues....Not sure if it was my poor soldering technique or because of high resistance causing poor communications between the controller and TT tablet.

Anyhow...I decided to order the connectors in post #183 along with the 20 ohm, 1/2 watt resistors. I also wanted to make a 90 degree adapter to allow for a cleaner cable exit from the Autel controller...

I started by super gluing the PC boards together and then moved forward with soldering the resistor and small 18 awg jumper wires between the two boards....

I then encased the whole assembly into a hard, molded casing using Gorilla epoxy stick . After the epoxy dries overnight, I'll use my Dremel tool to give the casing a more "blocked" look. I'll post the final picture afterwards...

YouTube..... "Power Up Test"

Attachments

• P8050030a.JPG
    P8050030a.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P8050031a.JPG
    P8050031a.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P8050035a.JPG
    P8050035a.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P8050036a.JPG
    P8050036a.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P8050038.JPG
    P8050038.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • P8050033a.JPG
    P8050033a.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
My "modded" cable with the 39ohm resistor seemed to have some communication issues....Not sure if it was my poor soldering technique or because of high resistance causing poor communications between the controller and TT tablet.

Anyhow...I decided to order the connectors in post #183 along with the 20 ohm, 1/2 watt resistors. I also wanted to make a 90 degree adapter to allow for a cleaner cable exit from the Autel controller...

I started by super gluing the PC boards together and then moved forward with soldering the resistor and small 18 awg jumper wires between the two boards....

I then encased the whole assembly into a hard, molded casing using Gorilla epoxy stick . After the epoxy dries overnight, I'll use my Dremel tool to give the casing a more "blocked" look. I'll post the final picture afterwards...

YouTube..... "Power Up Test"
Looking good! I may do the same....I have some UV Resin coming that I can work with...never used that stuff before, so will see how it goes.

Looking good! I may do the same....I have some UV Resin coming that I can work with...never used that stuff before, so will see how it goes.
I'd be interested is seeing how the UV resin works out...Not sure if it's the same thing but, I've seen some advertised on TV but have never found a need to order it. The Gorilla putty worked out really good and turned rock hard in less than 2 hours! It actually sounds like a rock when you drop it onto the counter top!

Yah, will let you know...I think it's coming in today. From what I am reading it's not a permanent type thing, but good for small fixes etc. Looks like most people use it to make jewelry of all things. Had to order a UV flashlight as well.

It does look good. I've been using the 7 Pro for some time now and just love it. So reliable and viewable. The 8 Pro sounds like a nice upgrade. Not too big and not too small. Perhaps the porridge is just right. ;)

this tablet is easily one of the best around especially for it's bright screen and rugged capabilities. while I don't use it fly drones because there are good smart controllers on the market, I would certainly buy this tablet primarily for drone use. still, I carry it around with me daily since it is an excellent basic tablet. I not opposed to the extra thick extra weight when compared to apple and samsung tablets. not sure if I will get the next tripltek version....am I reading this correctly 1200nits? didn't the previous version also have 1200nits?

this tablet is easily one of the best around especially for it's bright screen and rugged capabilities. while I don't use it fly drones because there are good smart controllers on the market, I would certainly buy this tablet primarily for drone use. still, I carry it around with me daily since it is an excellent basic tablet. I not opposed to the extra thick extra weight when compared to apple and samsung tablets. not sure if I will get the next tripltek version....am I reading this correctly 1200nits? didn't the previous version also have 1200nits?
Yes. Same 1200 nits.

"One tablet to rule them all" :D

Spec's are generically the same other than thickness & weight.
Sent them email for more technical information... which CPU, GPU, Radio Freq's, etc. Is it an improvement over 7" or essentially the same?

I do like it better than 7"... thinner, android 10, Ram and support for larger MicroSD card.

Reactions: Junior

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN