Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How is the 400’ Max altitude determined?

Really nice video and photos along with the illustrations clearing everything up about the 400ft limit. That's the way I thought it was for the most part. I was not clear on how far away you had to be from an obstacle when gaining altitude to clear it but I am now.

Now if I can just get the private jet to stop buzzing my shop most evenings at 300mph.

I tried the XSP Autel reset that worked on the distance bug, and it worked on the altitude “lock” too. After switching RC’s, I suddenly couldn’t fly farther than 1/4 mile, or 400’ H no matter what. To fix it, take-off, hover, switch distance and/or altitude limit switch on then off, and you can fly as far or as high as legally allowed in your circumstance. Autel says you should only have to do this once after changing RC’s. . I climbed a 1600’ peak a mile away yesterday, but the RTH sure kicks-in earlier given the altitude & distances...

I tried the XSP Autel reset that worked on the distance bug, and it worked on the altitude “lock” too. After switching RC’s, I suddenly couldn’t fly farther than 1/4 mile, or 400’ H no matter what. To fix it, take-off, hover, switch distance and/or altitude limit switch on then off, and you can fly as far or as high as legally allowed in your circumstance. Autel says you should only have to do this once after changing RC’s. . I climbed a 1600’ peak a mile away yesterday, but the RTH sure kicks-in earlier given the altitude & distances...
I was wondering about that. Since I've read a few cases where the battery got so low that the AC landed where it was. Good to know Autel calculates distance and knows when to auto RTH.

Where's the video??

I was wondering about that. Since I've read a few cases where the battery got so low that the AC landed where it was. Good to know Autel calculates distance and knows when to auto RTH.
It only lands where it is when it faces imminent battery failure — that’s been the topic of many posts on every drone forum, lol. While I’ve read about drones falling from the sky, in my 3 Autel sudden battery episodes in 3 yrs, each time the XSP made it to earth under it’s power. Getting it back is another story!

Where's the video??
LOL, I spend most of my day fixing-up this house we bought in AZ. Tons of little stuff. I go fly an hour before sunset when I can. Editing? I haven’t had enough time to even review all the video!
I gotta go to Taxifornia for a few weeks, I’ll throw something together then!

LOL, I spend most of my day fixing-up this house we bought in AZ. Tons of little stuff. I go fly an hour before sunset when I can. Editing? I haven’t had enough time to even review all the video!
I gotta go to Taxifornia for a few weeks, I’ll throw something together then!
Looking forward to it. I am kind of missing the desert. It is sortof winterish up here.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Looking forward to it. I am kind of missing the desert. It is sortof winterish up here.
It’ll be 65F here, but overcast, like it has been a lot lately. The desert doesn’t photograph well In cloudy weather, everything looks flat, colorless and featureless...

It only lands where it is when it faces imminent battery failure — that’s been the topic of many posts on every drone forum, lol. While I’ve read about drones falling from the sky, in my 3 Autel sudden battery episodes in 3 yrs, each time the XSP made it to earth under it’s power. Getting it back is another story!
In the case of DJI, the app tells you when you should return, if you want to recover your drone. You can hit ignore and continue flying. After certain amount, the drone will RTH no matter what you tell it to and will get home, unless you are flying against the wind. That's another can of worms.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy