Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update: LITE/LITE+ 1.2.16

Autel seems to be putting all their time into the nano. Even given it log file and hdr in latest update. They are ignoring the lite. Shame. With the mavic 3 issues they could have gained some ground.
them purpose to increase nano sales before the dji mini3 lunching

Damnnnnnnnn... I'm really considering returning mine now 🤔

Instant buyer's remorse.

Edit: I'm probably overreacting. I gotta test mine first and see if it's worth the trouble for the low light performance.

Latest FW update1.2.16 for Lite+ does include log video (I guess it's 8 bit)and histogram, although these are not mentioned in the release note. I guess there are bugs in the FW release note, too. LOL

Reactions: bkushner
No worries, maybe another product will work better for now, I agree with you that it needs to be fixed and anyone who needs that capability right now should not buy the lite+.
I assure you I don't work for Autel, I only got my first Autel product a few weeks ago after getting tired of the DJI way.. The Nano+ was defective out of the box so I called support and they helped me out with the warranty replacement. Having a conversation with the support staff I could feel they were a relatively small team (trying to expand) and trying there best so getting angry with them wasn't going to help anything.

I would imagine that a support requests about when a feature will be added or when a bug fix will be issued are difficult to answer without consulting with managers, engineering team's and developers across their global offices which takes time. Lastly, you can log into the support ticket system using your Autel ID email to see if the support tickets have been closed for some reason. Just go to Support, log in and select 'Check Ticket Status' to view. It may filter by open tickets so make sure to select 'All Tickets'.

Good luck.

View attachment 13634
I first opened a ticket on the gimbal sway early Feb. 6 Weeks later they responded with we know about it but don't know when it will be fixed.

I updated and tested. Wandering camera still there, not fixed WTF also the tracking feature tried to kill me. I posted the screen recording in the Autel Facebook page. I packed up the drone and everything after sending the video to the dealer and I said, please keep this drone, when you get a new batch send me another as I don't trust this drone anymore. That is now my 3rd Lite+ I sent back. At least my Mavic 3 with all its missing features has not tried to kill me YET

• Wow
Reactions: DARKSeifer
I updated and tested. Wandering camera still there, not fixed WTF also the tracking feature tried to kill me. I posted the screen recording in the Autel Facebook page. I packed up the drone and everything after sending the video to the dealer and I said, please keep this drone, when you get a new batch send me another as I don't trust this drone anymore. That is now my 3rd Lite+ I sent back. At least my Mavic 3 with all its missing features has not tried to kill me YET
You have a dealer that keeps taking them back? Returning one was a nightmare for me. Now I have a friends who’s past return window and I’m trying to return to autel under warranty and they won’t respond.

You have a dealer that keeps taking them back? Returning one was a nightmare for me. Now I have a friends who’s past return window and I’m trying to return to autel under warranty and they won’t respond.
I spent alot of money with this dealer and he knows I am a recurring customer, also have referred many guys to him who bought drones and apple products so I don't get any issues. He is a local NZ guy and I will always support him

If you got it directly through Autel Pilots I heard they are terrible with returns and I was warned against buying from them directly.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
So, should everyone with a Lite+ just return it, then?

ATM is one of the best drones for stills and is one of the best long rangers around because battery lasts forever (25-30 minutes in long range missions with some wind), and transmission system reaches longer in CE mode than OS2.0 in FCC mode, But if you want it for videography, hyperlapse or long exposure the footage won't be usable, specially on the professional side of things because the gimbal never stops moving some degrees left-right.

For a 1.700€ drone that's not acceptable, but in an industry where the referent is DJI, which also launches half-baked drones and it's firmwares and apps are also full of bugs and crashes (blackscreen, disconnections on the Mini 2 at close range on the most recent firmware, GPS lag, etc)...

At some point within the 2 year warranty, if the sway doesn't get fixed, I'll just return it. I stick with it only because there's no viable alternative out there apart from the Mavic 3, which as all DJI drones, violates your privacy by transmitting all your telemetry to the nearby DJI Aeroscope systems that use the cops to harass hobbyists in my country (Spain).

Maybe we should switch to the Nano + 😆

PS: "Follow me" mode in Autel's drones should be renamed as "Please Kill Me" mode. The Evo II on the test videos I saw on the FlytPath channel also entered a "battering ram" mode whenever it lost the target.

Last edited:
I updated it and tested it and yep, the sway is still there and the controller version still appears in red after the update (didn't update? IDK in version it says 1.0.4.2 in red and I don't get a prompt to update anymore).

They introduced the histogram, now the satellites appear in number instead of bars, log in video is a thing (8 bit I suppose) and I didn't notice anything appart from that.

I have exactly finished the update , why the two item is red color , do its a problem ?

View attachment 13628

Same here, but just on the controller. Wee need updates to fix the bugs within bugs within bugs of the bugs o_O

Reactions: lukappaseidue
ATM is one of the best drones for stills and is one of the best long rangers around because battery lasts forever (25-30 minutes in long range missions with some wind), and transmission system reaches longer in CE mode than OS2.0 in FCC mode, But if you want it for videography, hyperlapse or long exposure the footage won't be usable, specially on the professional side of things because the gimbal never stops moving some degrees left-right.

For a 1.700€ drone that's not acceptable, but in an industry where the referent is DJI, which also launches half-baked drones and it's firmwares and apps are also full of bugs and crashes (blackscreen, disconnections on the Mini 2 at close range on the most recent firmware, GPS lag, etc)...

At some point within the 2 year warranty, if the sway doesn't get fixed, I'll just return it. I stick with it only because there's no viable alternative out there apart from the Mavic 3, which as all DJI drones, violates your privacy by transmitting all your telemetry to the nearby DJI Aeroscope systems that use the cops to harass hobbyists in my country (Spain).

Maybe we should switch to the Nano + 😆

PS: "Follow me" mode in Autel's drones should be renamed as "Please Kill Me" mode. The Evo II on the test videos I saw on the FlytPath channel also entered a "battering ram" mode whenever it lost the target.
I watched the Captain Drone video from this morning about the update. He had problems updating the nano+ but even with the fail message, the update was applied. I ask him about the hyperlapse mode and the camera wondering and he said there's a fix for the hyperlapse in the notes but he hasn't tested it yet(after watching Chridxiao video I got my answer). About the camera movement, he said that was a problem with the first drones, not the new ones, but I can see on his video the nano+ moving around while recording, close to the ground. The lite+ not so much But here in the forum I can see still does. Today after the update, my control refuse to charge :-(.

Last edited:
New Features:
  • Added Dynamic Tracking (person only) on EVO Lite+
  • Added the Wi-Fi fast downloading
  • Added the unlock No-Fly Zone application option in China
  • Added the feature to upgrade battery firmware individually

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • Fixed the shot missing issue in Burst Mode
  • Optimized the focus algorithm in Portrait mode to get a more accurate focus
  • Optimized heading accuracy in Hyper lapse
  • Optimized the target locking control performance in video mode
(Apps will be available once approved. Once apps are updated OTA will push new Firmware update)
Is there a special (geographical) scheme for the rollout of the update? Some people seem to have downloaded and installed it, while I get no notification to update the Sky app and the drone firmware. If it's still not approved for a general rollout, please notify. Thanks.

If you got it directly through Autel Pilots I heard they are terrible with returns and I was warned against buying from them directly.
Yep that's who I bought from. I thought they were Autel. Can't believe they are allowed to use the Autel logo as their main image so that everything looks like it's Autel. Ironically this was my first Autel drone, I bought mainly because I heard of their stellar customer service...Boy was I wrong.

Called Autel support. I was 1 in the queue. After 15 minutes a recording came on saying NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE... So no phone nor email support. How do you get warranty service?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramipazhar