Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVOII V2 OPEN PUBLIC BETA

Having some strange issues with a mapping mission i did today to test the firmware can you guys help me out?

Some of the pictures dont seem to have rtk positioning when observing the exif. Cant get them to align in metashape besides that the speed was a huge improvement!

Also when shooting dng and jpg does the dng have rtk metadata? I usually just transfer the positioning information from the jpgs but its just a hasle

Great to see the additions and fixes!

Can we get persistence (e.g. save the setting) for what ever the bottom light was from last flight? E.g. if set to flash every 2 sec, it defaults to flash every 2 sec vs. having to set it every battery change/flight.

Also, can we finally get a save/export, and import a mission to be able to move missions between different app/devices? Sure can import a kml, then add alt, waypoint actions, poi, etc, however doing that across multiple app/devices is a PITA. Wishlist knock it out of the park would be not only create a mission on one app/device, save/export it so a second app/device can import it as is ready to fly (e.g. similar to how Litchi, DroneDeploy, et all do), also add a simple web interface. However for now simply being able to save/export, then import a mission would eliminate or reduce need to keep using Litchi + DJI for many things.

At last It is a good news from Autel. Should be also implemented to V1

updated mine yesterday, have an assignment for friday. Hope it will work good.
so it was a big no-no for me.
Mission failed to upload 4 times in a row.
After a restarting both the UAS and the remote, mission uploaded succesfully but it would not start.
I'm rolling back to 2.3.13

After a restarting both the UAS and the remote, mission uploaded succesfully but it would not start.
Android, smart rc or iOS ?

I also got impatient waiting for this to move out of beta, and tried to upgrade today.

Could not get a mission to upload and run whatsoever on Smart Controller. Rolled back to 2.3.23 and it worked fine.

Also, didn't see any "options" for coordinated turn. Where is that located?

You need both Beta FW (V2 only) and Beta Autel Explorer 2.0.X from here for that.
Ah, much appreciated. I missed that step, didn't see an apk download for Enterprise and thought trying to update from the old version of the app would take care if it.

Edit: that did the trick, missions now seem to upload and run. Will say that the beta Explorer app is much better on mobile than the Smart Controller- on mobile you can actually enter values when editing missions rather than trying to use the sliders- which is a huge improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe
I am in the process of trying out UsGC mission planning software. You can plan a mission on your PC or MAC, convert it to a KML file and upload it to Explorer and utilize it in a Waypoint Mission. This allows you to account for terrain elevation variance with terrain following.

However, I just tried to upload a rather large area, a flight that would take a little over an hour and while the App did not crash, the file would not upload.

Of note, I was able to create the same mission as a rectangular one, of course, without terrain following before I uploaded the Beta version.

According to the description, there should only be a problem with the version for the Smart Controler. (I am using a Note 9 Android.)

In any case, it looks like I am going to revert to the prior firmware and Explorer versions.

I also noticed that the only way to fly a Corridor Mission is to upload it. I don't see one available in Mission Planning.
How are you able to find the kml files in Explorer? I use the smart controller and can't find the mission files.

How are you able to find the kml files in Explorer? I use the smart controller and can't find the mission files.
One of the easiest ways is to just download/open the kml. In my case, from Dropbox. Then Autel is an option to open the kml, and it goes right into mission planning. The Smart Controller does have a file explorer program on it as well.

I don't use the Smart Controller. As I recall, you have to put them in the Autel folder on your phone... So I assume you will have to find the folder in your Smart Controller

Reactions: gschulzuio
Got it to work! Found advice from another thread about opening google earth pro, creating a polygon, saving polygon as a kml file, copy to thumb drive, copy to explorer and mission opened as polygon mission. Was able to edit as needed.

Thanks all
John

Reactions: gschulzuio
I can't seem to sync my flight logs to the cloud. I get a "Synchronization Failed" error. Is this a known bug with the beta on the smart controller?

Reactions: vr-pilot
I can't seem to sync my flight logs to the cloud. I get a "Synchronization Failed" error. Is this a known bug with the beta on the smart controller?
I think the synchronization just stopped working last week. It worked with the beta App on the SC for all the weeks before. Maybe a server issue due to the launch of V3 devices?
I "urgently" need back the synchronization via the Explorer app! Because otherwise you have to copy the flight logs manually from the SC and upload them to DroneLogbook like in the "earlier days"...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials