Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How-to get dynamic Home point in mission mode (or a Home point located at the end of the WPT mission)?

Mix_

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wondering: is there any way to create a mission with Home location on the end of track? (or moving with remote control location)

What I need: for mobile network measurement session I need to get an 9-10 km long WPT missions with some measurement scripts running on the piggyback device on Autel EVO II Pro v2.
We plan doing this in a crew - one person driving vehicle, another one monitoring, and third one piloting drone (ok, mission ir automatic, but on, let's say, 40m AGL level You allways need to keep an eye on trees etc obstacles (of course we inspect the route before, but nevertheless).

Issue: You can't set the"Custom" or "Me" homepoint location, w/o motors armed. When you arm motors or take off and hover, You can set the HP location in Manual flight mode. If You try to do this while on mission, You're out of luck. When you create a mission, take off aircraft and set HP to another location, and then try to upload mission to aircraft, You get an error msg, that there's no mission to upload (despite You see it on your Smart Controller's or mobile devise's screen).
So, and if HP remains at the takeoff position, after some 5500-5900m distance aircraft goes to home. Yes, You can cancel this, but You can't contiunue the mission, afaik.

And, another question: is there a curved line mission on Autel Explorer? (problem: with straight line WPT mission, aircraft stops at every WPT even with "Fly Over" WPT action set.

(theoretically, I could use DeltaQuad VTOL for the 90m and 110m AGL measurements, but in order to keep some consistence/comparability of data acquired, I need to use the same equipment, mission speeds etc., as for 40m and 60m. And, it is not a good idea to fly VTOL with only marginal height buffer to treetops...)

sorry, no curves; all pauses. not ideal but....

i've been away from the mission too long to answer your first question, sorry.

Reactions: Mix_

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials