Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVOII V2 OPEN PUBLIC BETA

Testing the beta firmware using the Evo II Enterprise and the smart controller. My observations so far...

Mapping:
Mapping works great now that you can turn on the "Coordinated Turn" option. So much faster to complete a mapping mission now. This will force close the app on the smart controller if you turn this on in Oblique missions though.

Battery changes are easier now that you can resume missions at the exact point instead of the previous turning point.

Corridor mission is a welcome addition and works well.

Waypoints:
I was able to program a smooth video with line action waypoints and curves and no more stopping at each waypoint. Thank you!

Waypoints and photos at POI is broken. For it to work, you need to place waypoints, set "Line Action" action to take a photo, set POI and link to waypoints, then move the POI to get the waypoints to track to the POI, then save. The photo at the end waypoint will not take before the drone yaws away from the POI so you have to add one more waypoint point at the end to get the last photo at the POI. Waypoint actions are now "Line Actions" and "Waypoint Actions" instead of "Fly Over" and "Hover." "Waypoint Action" photos at POI don't work at all. the only heading option is "Defined by Waypoint" and is missing the "POI" option altogether. "POI" is also missing from the "Linear Action." Please fix as this used to work in the official firmware. I also prefer the old nomenclature of "Fly Over" and "Hover" actions.
Thank you for the detailed update on this version.

@Blade Strike Any update on when Autel plans to move this version from beta to an official release? This release has been in beta for two months now.

I'm apprehensive to update until the version has been properly and thoroughly vetted.

Thank you for the detailed update on this version.

@Blade Strike Any update on when Autel plans to move this version from beta to an official release? This release has been in beta for two months now.

I'm apprehensive to update until the version has been properly and thoroughly vetted.
Just hope Autel will fix those bugs on the beta version (which I’m using now ) and release the official ! And please don’t forget the V2s !!! Because all I see are about V3 now.

Just hope Autel will fix those bugs on the beta version (which I’m using now ) and release the official ! And please don’t forget the V2s !!! Because all I see are about V3 now.
I should have been more clear in my request.

I am specifically requesting the official release of 2.4.15 for V2 Smart Controller.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Disappointed by Autel once again. I asked a question of Autel Support, regarding a timeline for the official release of firmware 2.4.15 for V2 and Smart Controller. I received the following response, "We do not currently have a timeline. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Admittedly, I don't know the typical timing for Autel software releases, transitioning from beta to official release. We purchased our original Evo V2 in December 2021. I recall maybe four firmware updates in 2022 to get to 2.3.23. I don't remember any of the 2022 versions, with the exception of 2.4.15, being beta releases.

Is two months on beta indicative of Autel or rather something else? Autel moving past V2, only to concentrate on V3?

A few minutes ago I uploaded a post to autel's facebook publicizing the need to incorporate terrain following as it has in the Phantom 4 rtk and the Autel Dragonfish.
They deleted my post immediately.
I am very happy with my AUTEL EVO 2 RTK but terrain following is a necessary function to compete with DJI.
I hope AUTEL will add the function soon!!

Reactions: EBEPLS
I will load it up to my RTK V2 right now and find a clear day for a test survey with the Emlid RS2.

Unless I have not found it yet.. It would be incredible to be able to export an existing mission parameter file so I can share it or import it into a new device (phone or smart controller) and have the exact flight mission ready to go again. Required for fleet operations and time-series mapping.

have you been able to sync your flight logs. I just tried today and it won't sync. just said synchro failed.

The beta has ended on my device. Anyone know when the official firmware will release?

Really love the coordinated turns on missions! Saves a lot battery.

are you saying you lost access? You can install the beta app and V2 firmware manually.
It said beta has ended. App will not run. Had to install regular app to fly the bird. Tried downloading the the beta and says that it is closed.

All right, yesterday I flew first time this beta version with the coordinated turn option on. It works very well!

Now he will just hover at the obstacle and have nothing to do.
Necessary, when performing a mission if there is no connection between the drone and the fc controller. When the drone encounters an obstacle, it starts to go home.

What happened to the Beta link? Is there an update?
The beta has been replaced with FW v 2.4.35

Reactions: Detritalgeo

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo