Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO2 Enterprise DUAL 640T RTK: maps and models of IR and RGB jpegs (NTRIP data)

No. It is a DJI proprietary RJPEG. Several people have been able to decompile the DJI Thermal Analysis Tool and then make an app to convert the RJPEG to a TIFF and work with radiometrics in Flir Tools and Pix4D.

Does your 640T have the ability to Lock the Span/Range to set temperature values? The Mavic 2 EA does not have this feature and it makes it harder to thermal map but also hurts with SAR and inspections. I find it odd that my drone's thermal cannot but the Flir sensor in my cell phone can.

Reactions: ChristianH
No. It is a DJI proprietary RJPEG. Several people have been able to decompile the DJI Thermal Analysis Tool and then make an app to convert the RJPEG to a TIFF and work with radiometrics in Flir Tools and Pix4D.

Does your 640T have the ability to Lock the Span/Range to set temperature values? The Mavic 2 EA does not have this feature and it makes it harder to thermal map but also hurts with SAR and inspections. I find it odd that my drone's thermal cannot but the Flir sensor in my cell phone can.
Not sure, Ill have to get back to you on that one
But I think it does

Reactions: ChristianH
Yes, exactly! Like the isotherm settings DJI has. They have a “search people” setting that ranges between about 70 or 80 to 100*F.

Attachments

• 20211219_092343.jpg
    20211219_092343.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20211219_092437.jpg
    20211219_092437.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20211219_092647.jpg
    20211219_092647.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20211219_092708.jpg
    20211219_092708.jpg
    999.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211219_092752.jpg
    20211219_092752.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Love
Reactions: SARty and vr-pilot
Yes, exactly! Like the isotherm settings DJI has. They have a “search people” setting that ranges between about 70 or 80 to 100*F.
Yes it has search people, animal, and user-defined to set your own settings

Reactions: SARty
Yes it has search people, animal, and user-defined to set your own settings
sorry, it took me a while to get back to this, but I'm pretty sure it has everything you could want.
To my understanding, the file types saved are JPEG, IRG, and TIFF- the IRG is a converted RJPEG. So you are getting more than an RJPEG, your getting an IRG (converted RJPEG) + a TIFF + JPEG
It is also able to take photos at a 90% overlap without the camera stalling out!
Where I read the 640R will stall out after 10 to 20 photos
The downside is as of today the photogrammetry software that I know of can not utilize the IRG files.... yet

Also out of ALL the 640 x 512 sensors, the IRAY 640T produces the best sharpest resolution, and the camera is selling a lot, so we should be seeing the photogrammetry side making use you this very good setup.

ChristianH your thoughts on my evaluation?​

A recap attached is a thermal ortho, thermal model showing the quality of the finished product even though it's not radiometric yet...
and the RGB camera being able to map at 8000x6000 48MP

What I am doing for now is mapping just using the JPEG files, finding a visual are of concern, then pulling the photo number and putting that JPEG and IRG into the IRPCTool for a radiometric inspection, and then producing a report from there

Attachments

• 640T  Manual Map 8000 x 6000.jpg
    640T Manual Map 8000 x 6000.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Thermal Model 2.jpg
    Thermal Model 2.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Thermal Ortho.jpg
    Thermal Ortho.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Also out of ALL the 640 x 512 sensors, the IRAY 640T produces the best sharpest resolution, and the camera is selling a lot, so we should be seeing the photogrammetry side making use you this very good setup.

ChristianH your thoughts on my evaluation?​

Sounds about right according to my web searching and tinkering.

Thanks for posting images of the temperature range settings pages. The 640T has a lot of promise. Now I just need my unit to show up so I can test and polish a few things.

Reactions: jmason702
Thermal Ortho with DD, I can not do temp points or read the radiometric values on DD because I don't have the enterprise plan
I'm a little late to the party, but let's say it was the 640R version compatible with flir studio. Could you take the ortho from DD and import to flir studio to get the Temps of the thermal ortho if you had the original temp data already?

I'm a little late to the party, but let's say it was the 640R version compatible with flir studio. Could you take the ortho from DD and import to flir studio to get the Temps of the thermal ortho if you had the original temp data already?
the 640R takes RJPEG, so you could have a radiometric map through DD, if you have the enterprise plan. not sure if flir studio works with orthos

Reactions: vr-pilot
the 640R takes RJPEG, so you could have a radiometric map through DD, if you have the enterprise plan. not sure if flir studio works with orthos
Hi jmason702,

during the last month I got two thermal inspection requests from drone service providers (pilot pools) asking for R-JPEGs from the M300-H20T or even the thermals of the M2EA. One of them said that even Dual 640R's R-JPEGs won't work with their software (?).
As we all noticed in this thread the Dual 640T's quality for the use of IR-mapping is superior (jaja6009):

The Dual 640T's JPG+IRX combination is good for the use with the IR_PCTool and its TIFFs can be used in MS (ChristianH):

It is a bit sad that the proprietary R-JPEG of the H20T and M2EA (also both chinese made sensors) kind of separate the 640T from the game. Though DJI users try to extract TIF for analysis within Flir Tools or Pix4D (jaja6009):

So one way or the other. I have the strong impression that an R-JPEG format (FLIR or DJI proprietary) seems to be wanted quite strongly: even so much that I was asked to fly an M2EA with a lower mapping quality than the EVO2E Dual 640T that I own...
What are your thoughts?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials