Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO release (soon?) drives big $$$ in limited supply

cyberized18

Reaction score
What if the EVO is released this week, this month or whenever and only a limited supply are around? Will they resell for $1200, $1500 etc on eBay/craigslist?..I hope they don't. but if there is a supply vs. demand scenario could this happen? Thoughts?

Last edited:
They're promising built-in apps and an sdk....I bet those get delayed with Ken gone. Where did he go?

What if the EVO is released this week, this month or whenever and only a limited supply are around? Will they resell for $1200, $1500 etc on eBay/craigslist?..I hope they don't. but if there is a supply vs. demand scenario could this happen? Thoughts?

There will probably be some found there being resold for higher $$. Some will buy them just to resell at a higher price as there will always be someone, with the money to spend, who has to have one right now. I'm seeing X-Stars come up for $300-$500 more than what Autel and other sellers had them for as new. There's one on the page I'm seeing right now for $1050. Just the basic package you would get new through Autel. There's a battery for $149 as well.

The EVO likely will be a little limited at first until things get rolling. There are pre-orders and such to go out but, the supply will recover in time. So, yes, there will be some coming up for sale at inflated prices. This is one reason I'm willing to wait. Also to see what the first wave of "testers" will have to say. I suggest to wait if you have to and get one direct from Autel or other reputable seller when they become available. Plan to get several extra batteries too.

Reactions: Downunderpilot
There will probably be some found there being resold for higher $$. Some will buy them just to resell at a higher price as there will always be someone, with the money to spend, who has to have one right now. I'm seeing X-Stars come up for $300-$500 more than what Autel and other sellers had them for as new. There's one on the page I'm seeing right now for $1050. Just the basic package you would get new through Autel. There's a battery for $149 as well.

The EVO likely will be a little limited at first until things get rolling. There are pre-orders and such to go out but, the supply will recover in time. So, yes, there will be some coming up for sale at inflated prices. This is one reason I'm willing to wait. Also to see what the first wave of "testers" will have to say. I suggest to wait if you have to and get one direct from Autel or other reputable seller when they become available. Plan to get several extra batteries too.

The inflated price profiteers won’t make money if we tell them to KOA..........

Nobody ever mentioned anything about it being out today SMH trolls!!

Yep, $149 dollar batteries. Is heavy

For all doubters the autel CES winners are receiving there autel evos in the mail!!! Let's go!! 34725841_1885792188146255_3915907484048424960_o.jpg34601707_1885792138146260_4067346385932910592_o.jpg

that's good news. have fun Monday. i wish i knew how many Autel will release at first?

It's too hard to even change that lol but it shows proof that the evo will start shipping out soon also I heard from my source that only pre-orders are shipping first before it even goes on sale they have 10k pre-orders from all outlets that sell drones so forget buying it it won't be available unless you pre-ordered it's crazy lol

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Adding to your post about the winner this was just posted on facebook LOL
Looks like people are getting really pissed off :)
Just relaying the info and no it is not mine.

"Just had this conversation with Alejandro R at Autel. Not real helpful info:
Hi! How can we help you today?
10:05 AM
Dan Drooger is getting his Evo today that he won at CES. The e-mail said he would get it 48 hours after launch. Has Evo launched and the party fizzled?
10:06 AM
The Evo has not launched. At this time we do not have an official release date for the Evo, we expect it to be available to consumers in the coming weeks. We hope to be able to release this information soon, we are finalizing some details to ensure we get a high quality product out on the market.
10:07 AM
If it has not launched how is he getting his Evo delivered today?
10:07 AM
Dan Drooger was a prize winner from CES 2018, we still have not made the Evo available for purchase by any means.
10:08 AM
But his e-mail he got om May 11th said his would ship 48 hours after launch so that leaves me wondering if it isn't launched or available, how is he getting one?
10:10 AM
om = on
10:10 AM
I cannot discuss private discussions between us and customers. Any information regarding the Evo release date/launch will be available through our Facebook page as well as our website.
10:13 AM
OK, next question. When will the Autel Explorer app hit the Google Play Store?
10:14 AM
We have not finalized those details, again, any information regarding the Evo, Autel Explorer App, and any other Autel products will be posted on our website and Facebook page.
10:15 AM
OK. This was terribly unhelpful. Thank you for your time.
10:16 AM
We appreciate the feedback Danny! Have a good day!
10:16 AM
I would like to get some feedback from Autel on my questions today. You have a fantastic day as well."

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34