Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does your gimbal 'float' up and down by it's self?

RJ_Make

Reaction score
In trying to get to the bottom of some blurry pictures and missing EXIF data in the raw .dng format I discovered my camera, while sitting still on a table, was moving up and down very slowly all on it's own.

Does yours do that?

I place a screen recording of this on my Onedrive

2016_08_29_20_13_40.mp4

Mine, while sitting on a table is non stop floating. I'm thinking this is the reason why my photo's are not sharp.

does it due it in the air cause I'm not having any problems with mine

I'm having 2 problems, my photo's are not sharp, and the EXIF data is not being recorded when using the .dng RAW format. In trying to figure out why my photo's are not sharp (My P3S blows the XSP out of the water) I discovered this gimbal float.

The problem right now is my Samsung TAB A 8 is really laggy with the XSP, so I wasn't sure if it was the laggyness (is that a word?) or the camera. I did notice a few times, after hovering the XSP the camera would continue to move horizontally (opposite of what it's doing on the bench) for several seconds Like (8-12), but again I thought it was the tablet. I'm thinking now it the drone.

Last edited:
I'm having 2 problems, my photo's are not sharp, and the EXIF data is not being recorded when using the .dng RAW format. In trying to figure out why my photo's are not sharp (My P3S blows the XSP out of the water) I discovered this gimbal float.

The problem right now is my Samsung TAB A 8 is really laggy with the XSP, so I wasn't sure if it was the laggyness (is that a word?) or the camera. I did notice a few times, after hovering the XSP the camera would continue to move horizontally (opposite of what it's doing on the bench) for several seconds Like (8-12), but again I thought is what the tablet. I'm thinking now it the drone.
post up some pics so I can see

okay mine doesn't due it it sits real still so looks like you have a camera problem time to call autel

Reactions: RJ_Make
Thank you Paul for checking that for me, I really appreciate it.

So engineering looked at my videos (I made others with even more wild movement) and they said it is perfectly normal for the gimbal to 'seek' while not in flight. I tell you what, this bird does some crazy stuff as compared to my P3S. :eek:

Mine just started doing this. Sitting on the table and the gimbal was floating round. One time when I was shutting down it was going crazy. moving real fast all over the place. I don't know , I thought maybe because I landed right next to my truck .

Just adding that my x-star wifi also constantly hunts/seeks while sitting. Nothing crazy, just some gentle shifting.

Same thing that happens with our video cameras (Sony HXR-NX5U and other Sony models) when someone forgets to turn off Steadyshot stabilization and goes to use them on a tripod. The camera expects motion so it's continuously attempting to correct for it even when perfectly stable.

Reactions: RJ_Make
Just checked mine RJ and mine does not do it. Hope ya sort it out mate.

Mine does it. I discovered it while it was on my kitchen counter and I accidently hit record and later noticed in that video the floating left to right and back again... as though it was sitting on a ship that was listing back and forth. I've never noticed it while in flight though.

If the X-Star is turned on with the gimbal lock on, the image will be unstable. It's trying to calibrate and can't. The gimbal lock should be off if the X-Star is on.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials