Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Beta Firmware Now Available

Bigbit I thank you very much addressing my questions and as per your answer I should experiment with settings and by the same token learn more.

Again thank you

Reactions: Bigbit
I had put the setting at .2 (is it the lowest setting?) and it is a setting I would stay with having a nice slowish movement,
on another subject I decided to retire my Nexus 7 with too many disconnects and I managed to find a lonely Nvidia K1 tablet with LTE 32 gb complete with joystick and cables for $280.00 Can.
I would had liked instead to have found one plain with 16 gb but there's none to be found so it is the next best thing, supposed to pick it up around supper time.
Then probably either this evening or tomorrow I will try it and hopefully my disconnects will be a thing of the past.

I had trouble previously with "magnetic interference" and compass calibration. Yes, I crashed on my maiden flight and had to replace 3 scuffed props and 2 camera gibal struts. But I have a few subsequent successful, CAREFUL flights.
I sucessfully updated the firmware and Im going to check it out. We all want to, at all costs, avoid crashes and fly-away's while we get better.

I have my Nvidia Shield tablet (32 gb with LTE which I won't use) and waiting for nice weather to try it out. So far it connects very fast inside the house and I am trying to get some info on some settings with the Starlink app,
first what happens if I choose the hardware decoder, and if I choose the Amap setting, lastly the show flight route.
Many Thanks

Normex, first don’t use the Amap setting — that’s for Chinese users as Google Maps is banned in China. Starlink uses Google Maps in North America. Show flight route - not sure about that one. Use hardware decoder - this is a setting to let Starlink know if your phone or tablet has a built-in chip that can decode H.264 video signals. If it does, you turn this on which gives Starlink less processing work to do. If you’re not sure, try the app with that option switched both on and off. Observe how it works both ways and then use the way it works best.

Many thanks Bigbit, as I wrote on another thread (now can't recall :)) I purchased a Nvidia Shield tablet complete with separate gamer controller and LTE ready with 32 gb.
Now I plan too use it only for the drone and so far I get connected fast in the house. My wife tried the Nexus 7 and she loves it so that takes care of going on Kijiji trying to recoup some of the cost :)
Going to try the hardware encoder but first I have to try the Shield with the XSP to see the difference, In the last 2 days we had 30 mph gust winds that unnerve me a bit flying in that .
Where do you get all this invaluable infos as if I'd just tried them like the Amap option that would be unnecessary, but I'll also try the Show flight route and report back now that I have a presumably good tablet.

Most of my knowledge comes from the manuals, tutorial videos, or forums like this. Let me know what you find out about the show flight route thing - or maybe someone else will step in...

I went for a good ride today and managed to get to .9 mile and then the go home prevailed which I cancelled and went elsewhere but did not want to push my luck.
The Nvidia Shield is a much better rig than what I had before but I had the darnest time trying to see with the excess glare even on a cloudy day. I tried the Sun Hood and it was not much help.
This alone almost cost me a crash today as I was flying at 65 ft but I realized later when looking at the video I missed a tree by 20 feet which was maybe 10 feet taller. So now will set height at 85 ft.
It is not fun not seeing better than that, do you guys see at approx.same quality view as the vids ?
Feel free to give me more pointers.

Many thanks
Norm

Btw I forgot to put the show flight route but it is set for next time, maybe tomorrow. As for the yaw adjust I put it at .20 and it is better.
I dled a screen recorder called DU Recorder for Android and it is well perceived with over 5 million downloads and scored 4.7
You can edit the video and merge other videos.

Greetings All, I have followed Bigbit's suggestion on another thread which for the life of me can't find but anyway I had asked how to make the map as satellite and was suggested I just had to choose Starlink on the start page and press on the map then choose the icon with the pages....done that and it worked as the map is on satellite view, now if the XSP lands far because of a fault I can see where on the sat it landed, it now has a satellite view but not the size of my flight, route, the satellite view is only for roughly 800 ft but beyond it is the plain view, what did I do wrong ?
Here's a pic where you see sat view but changing to plain map beyond a set distance:

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    855.3 KB · Views: 11
Where do I go to download file to minidisk? It took me to Google play store to down load to my phone. Argh!

First download to a computer then save the file on the mini SD card, then put micro SD card on the drone and just power on your RC then drone and wait some for it to work its thing.
You will have to do similar if you have many more batteries, if so then after put the mini card on you computer and you will see the file now has a ending with -old, just erase -old and start the process for every battery if applicable.

Best thing to do is format your card.
Put a new firmware file on the formatted card.
Start your tx controller
Start the X-star
Now insert the SDcard into the camera and it will start to unpack the firmware
Do not touch till it say success

Best thing to do is format your card.
Put a new firmware file on the formatted card.
Start your tx controller
Start the X-star
Now insert the SDcard into the camera and it will start to unpack the firmware
Do not touch till it say success

Hehe couldn't have said it better myself

Sometimes it's a bit frustrating when we do not get to know the outcome especially this one likely worked as per your suggestions Agustine.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d