Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

I tried it yesterday. Showed weird behavior during "accurate landing".
At this moment I stick with official one, as no beta is fixing the current bugs:
1. Orbit modes - just lame, probably should be called "asteroid modes", as they are far far away from POI after 1 rotation,
2. Curved path for waypoints...as Orbit can make curves, waypoints can do this too, as in fact is just a path calculated by software and sent to hw.
3. Annoying stitching in mid flight...still I do not understand who is the lame engineer that says: you can wait 4 minutes for a stitch, no need for video feed! :))))...perhaps Autel used some genitors in order to set some things in this app, instead of a team of engineers...

The fix is the BETA Explorer...not firmware but AE - beta. Also I had black in that settings, and in Beta I can see the settings and they actually remains.
Is an Android issue, don't know for IOS.
I think the Sensitivity settings themselves are sticky-- they just don't display properly. The reason I believe this is I have installed later Beta Explorer versions (temporarily) to see that they're displayed as I input them in earlier v1.1.7.83 where they had disappeared after a moment

In the future, I think it would make more sense for dedicated controllers to use something like embedded Debian rather than using the phone's Android or iOS.

Running through the various threads (including this one) that deal with app updates, it seems like most of the problems are on Android, rather than iOS. Maybe a better approach would be to use embedded Linux in both the standard controller and the SC; and just use the phone as a monitor on the standard controller.

In other words, the app would install on the controller, which would run the same Linux on both the stock controller and the Smart Controller. So there would be one OS, one app, and one update path. The phone would just be a display with the minimal software needed to work as a UI to the actual app in the hardware controller.

Reactions: Eagle928
No reason to install Beta FW v2.7.30 if trying to fix the screwy zooming with the scroll wheel camera menu selection... the Android v1.1.80 used with FW v2.7.25 solves it, I am happy to report

No reason to install Beta FW v2.7.30 if trying to fix the screwy zooming with the scroll wheel camera menu selection... the Android v1.1.80 used with FW v2.7.25 solves it, I am happy to report
Yes, until now Android V1.1.80 seems to be OK.

Remaining bugs in 1.1.80:
- Contrast and Sharpness -1 not working in any profiles.
- Orbit mode - a joke, probably will remain a joke.
- DeFog sometimes just start a massive flicker in all image (no idea why). Use it wisely. Better not use it and just dehaze video in post.
- Timelapse photo in Manual mode starts to angle the gimbal to right, making it useless. (Still, in Missions works, so is a FW bug).

Fixed:
- Scroll wheel
- The settings for EXP remains visible, as previous versions just was black after setting
- No more problems in APP like freezing or lagging on Android 11 and Android 8 (previous ones were lagging a lot in Android 11)

Strong Whishes:
- HDR to be enabled no matter the settings of SS (now is just on AUTO enabled HDR)

Reactions: Andrew01
I have been getting grey banding / flickering bands of lighter color areas occasionally. I can't tell what's causing it, but I almost suspect it is electrical interference from the drone itself.

Has anyone encountered this and does anyone know if a firmware update might fix it?

Reactions: atortaloha
I have been getting grey banding / flickering bands of lighter color areas occasionally. I can't tell what's causing it, but I almost suspect it is electrical interference from the drone itself.

Has anyone encountered this and does anyone know if a firmware update might fix it?
I have been getting the exact same thing lately with my Evo 2 Pro 6K and just sent Autel two files showing this in my footage. Never had this issue before. Shooting all manual settings too and happens even when it's not Sunny. Something is up for sure.

Reactions: hoyazot
I have been getting the exact same thing lately with my Evo 2 Pro 6K and just sent Autel two files showing this in my footage. Never had this issue before. Shooting all manual settings too and happens even when it's not Sunny. Something is up for sure.
Yes. We have the same drone. Glad I'm not alone; not glad it's happening. I have v1 of the drone but that shouldn't make a difference. Let me know what they say? I don't recall how long the warranty is, but if it's only one year I'm definitely out of warranty.

Yes. We have the same drone. Glad I'm not alone; not glad it's happening. I have v1 of the drone but that shouldn't make a difference. Let me know what they say? I don't recall how long the warranty is, but if it's only one year I'm definitely out of warranty.
I have version 1 of it too it's happening on and never has before which is odd. I have not heard back since I sent them the files. You can download the files I sent them and see what I'm experiencing if you like too. https://we.tl/t-kGmi8J9M7p

I haven't used my drone in a few months and went to update. The autel site is very confusing, and for the life of me I can't find the place to download the official firmware for my Evo II Pro (V1, which I didn't know I had until today).

I never even heard of the "V1 vs V2" issue and they make no effort to explain it, or tell how you know which version you own. I was able to figure out by reading this board, but can't see an easy explanation on the Autel site about these two different versions. The naming is a huge fail, and I can't imagine most consumers will know how to pick from 4 different versions of software. It's not a consumer friendly move.

Anyway, the only software I see available on their site is "V2 Official Firmware" (which I don't want). I know the firmware is posted here in this thread, but is there no way to get it from the official website?!? The app doesn't prompt me to update (even though my firmware versions are lower than the current release).

They should either add an "update now" function to the app, or make it simpler to download. I think the auto-download feature has worked once for me ever. (Maybe you have to register and bind your drone to your account to do that?? Something I don't want to do for privacy reasons).

Bottom line: The official site (Autelrobotics.com, then downloads, then Consumer Products, then Evo II Pro) takes you to a page where your only options are: Download V2 Official Firmware, Official Firmware Version Table (which mentions the Firmware V2.7.25 that I want, but doesn't let me download it), and Beta Table.

Also I tried calling the support #, and it just goes to voicemail and says they are busy, leave a message. Nothing even saying "Autel" so you know you have the right company... I love my drone but wish Autel were a bit more professional.

I haven't used my drone in a few months and went to update. The autel site is very confusing, and for the life of me I can't find the place to download the official firmware for my Evo II Pro (V1, which I didn't know I had until today).

I never even heard of the "V1 vs V2" issue and they make no effort to explain it, or tell how you know which version you own. I was able to figure out by reading this board, but can't see an easy explanation on the Autel site about these two different versions. The naming is a huge fail, and I can't imagine most consumers will know how to pick from 4 different versions of software. It's not a consumer friendly move.

Anyway, the only software I see available on their site is "V2 Official Firmware" (which I don't want). I know the firmware is posted here in this thread, but is there no way to get it from the official website?!? The app doesn't prompt me to update (even though my firmware versions are lower than the current release).

They should either add an "update now" function to the app, or make it simpler to download. I think the auto-download feature has worked once for me ever. (Maybe you have to register and bind your drone to your account to do that?? Something I don't want to do for privacy reasons).

Bottom line: The official site (Autelrobotics.com, then downloads, then Consumer Products, then Evo II Pro) takes you to a page where your only options are: Download V2 Official Firmware, Official Firmware Version Table (which mentions the Firmware V2.7.25 that I want, but doesn't let me download it), and Beta Table.

Also I tried calling the support #, and it just goes to voicemail and says they are busy, leave a message. Nothing even saying "Autel" so you know you have the right company... I love my drone but wish Autel were a bit more professional.
Version 1 is a different chip set than Version 2. Version 1 was before there was a chip shortage and now that there is Version 2's had to be produced with another chip hence two versions. V2 Evo II Pro's are marked with a V2 on the top of the drone minus the Enterprise models which are all Version 2 drones.

You should be downloading the latest official firmware only for your drone too. Ideally too you download the bin file to a memory card and update manually as always is more solid than over the air.

Autel is overloaded with calls emailing them is best. I just sent in my standard Evo II Pro 6K for some issues and not even 10 days later have it back in my hands with a new camera on it....so they are still very professional just overloaded and need to know the right way of contacting them which is via email. [email protected].

Reactions: AirStag

spicynujack don't use the Betas, use the official firmware for the V1 Evo II v2.7.25 because it's stable and works with the latest Explorer app versions
This v2.7.25 FW for the V1 is found in .bin form toward the bottom of this page:
download it to your computer, drag it to a MicroSD card that's been formatted in the drone, and install it in the drive bay of the Evo, switch the controller and the drone on to let the FW unpack, with no other devices connected. It's a safer plan to remove your props off. Your gimbal guard must be removed. The main process takes ~25-30 minutes, so you'll want a fully charged battery. You'll also need to repeat the process for each battery, but this goes faster (the .bin file gets erased from the card each time so you'll have to drag it onto the card prior to each battery).
You may need to update your Autel Explorer version to work with the firmware, depending on its age. (has to be v1.1.7.93 or newer, if I remember correctly). Most all the bugs have been addressed with the recently updated Android version 1.1.80 and it's a big improvement

V2 Official Firmware​

Standard RC

Smart Controller

2.2.5 for V2 Standard RC (02/28/2022)
2022-02-27​

Download

What's New​

New Features:

• Added the elevation optimization option in rectangular and polygon missions

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:

• Optimized the EVO II V2 photo download speed
  • Fixed the camera issue on FLIR Boson 640R
  • Fixed the GPS time stamp error in PPK mode (for EVO II RTK only)
  • Fixed other minor issues
OFFICIAL DOWLOAD LINK FOR EVO II V2 STANDARD

Notes:

To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer App to iOS V1.12.1, and Andriod V1.1.8.3 or newer.

AUTEL EVO II V1 Official Firmware

Standard RC

Smart Controller
V2.7.35 for V1 Standard RC

2022-02-27
Download
What's New

New Features:

Added the elevation optimization option in rectangular and polygon missions

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:

Optimized the EVO II V2 photo download speed

Fixed the camera issue on FLIR Boson 640R

Fixed the GPS time stamp error in PPK mode (for EVO II RTK only)

Fixed other minor issues

Notes:

To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer App to iOS V1.12.1, and Andriod V1.1.8.3 or newer.

Official download link for EVO II V1 STANDARD

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials