Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flight and Gimbal problems from day one continue after multiple firmware updates.

goodtogo84

Reaction score
I purchased my Nano+ about 3 weeks ago and immediately started having problems even before first flight. Firmware update failed multiple times before finally working. After firmware update the drone wouldn't fly because the gimbal wouldn't stop self checking/calibrating. It would just keep trying and trying and eventually fail. I contacted Autel via email because phone services said they weren't taking calls for that week and of course it was a monday. Then after 4 days Autel finally gets back to me and says there is a firmware update coming soon that should address this issue. The next day its released and i do the update which surprisingly worked the first time. On the first flight which is after the firmware update the drone lifts about 2 feet off the ground and immediately flies fast and hard to the left, without me hitting any of the control sticks, crashing into a building and braking 3 of its 4 sets of propellers. So i replace the propellers and visually check the drone for damage which I see none of. I recalibrate the IMU and compass and try again. The exact same thing happens, the drone lifts a few feet up and flies to the left really fast and crashes into a fence breaking more propellers but i see no other damage to the aircraft. So again i call Autel and cant get anyone on the phone so i revert back to email and after 5 days they finally get back to me saying do firmware update, IMU and compass calibration and informed me that i will need to send my drone in to be evaluated with proof of purchase and a return information request and maybe they can do a warranty replacement. So I've had this drone that cost me $1000 for over a month now and haven't had one successful flight, and I'm very disappointed with the customer service thus far. Not being able to reach an agent and being forced to use email and wait days between for a response is very frustrating. Anyone have any recommendations or experiencing anything similar with there Nano+? Can anyone tell me if and how you fixed this or if it was replaced? Thanks all.

Did you do a controller recalibration after the first odd flight?
Was there a good GPS lock before taking off? Poor GPS satellite signal when taking off can falsely place the home point 10's to 100's of meters from your true location

No i did not calibrate the controller after the first or second odd flight. GPS had a strong signal before taking off.

Now the gimbal wont calibrate. It does the self check and says its fine but you can tell that something looks off Or it takes forever and eventually fails. When i click gimbal calibration from with in the setting it just spins for like almost 3 minutes It never gets past 0%. When i turn the drone on the camera doesnt seem to want to move and the video looks a bit grainy as well.

Somewhat similar problem .. brand new .. after firmware upgrade the right stick only moves the drone backwards normally ... if you move it forward the drone just creeps at about 1 ft./sec ... left/right bank, rotate, and up/down OK. Returned to Amazon as DOA.

IMU calibration must be made in very cold environment, like 5 celsius degrees. Did you do that?

IMU calibration must be made in very cold environment, like 5 celsius degrees. Did you do that?
New replacement Nano+ arrived and performed normally. Also had the repeated firmware update problem and turns out you have to do complete firmware update for each battery!! Should be done off uSD after first download .. 😖

New replacement Nano+ arrived and performed normally. Also had the repeated firmware update problem and turns out you have to do complete firmware update for each battery!! Should be done off uSD after first download .. 😖
Yes, Autel needs Firmware Update at each battery, always was like that.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d