Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II FIRMWARE UPDATE: Constantly updated ( new V1 STABLE fw 2.7.35) - 28/02/2022 - (NEW V2 STABLE fw 2.3.8 - 19/04/2022)

Ok, the pano bug is still there in current firmware/app. If OA is on and you do a pano, you will NOT get video display back. If you turn off OA then it will complete. Ran out of light to do any other testing. Also, noticed OA was going on and off while it was shooting the pano after I manually turned it off. It's for sure a firmware bug as I closed and reopened the app and still had no video until I landed and restarted the drone.

Anyone able to update the app on the Smart controller (v1) from 1.0.72 to the new 1.1.8.3 app? I was able to update firmware on the aircraft, however the app is still on 1.0.72 on my smart controller.

Anyone able to update the app on the Smart controller (v1) from 1.0.72 to the new 1.1.8.3 app? I was able to update firmware on the aircraft, however the app is still on 1.0.72 on my smart controller.
If you do the memory card upgrade with the firmware for the SC, it should upgrade.

Also note, if you have a LIVE DECK, repair your controller to drone before trying to upgrade firmware. It fails if both devices are paired to the drone.

Reactions: Andrew01
Hey Guys!
Is it possible to update the Smart Controller (V2) from Android 7 to Android 10? I'm just curious about it, as today I was playing with the settings.

Hey Guys!
Is it possible to update the Smart Controller (V2) from Android 7 to Android 10? I'm just curious about it, as today I was playing with the settings.
No. Any update has to come from Autel. That is true for all Android devices that they modify it for their hadware after Google releases it.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Got some weird flashing on screen. As it has been discussed in other threads, I suggest manually setting White Balance which made the problem go away for me. After doing all calibrations after the upgrade, the horizon tilt was dead perfect for me this morning shooting the sunrise.

Reactions: Andrew01
None of the above. v1.1.8.3 is for Android Explorer, not the Smart Controller, for which 1.0.72 may still be current. Incidentally, this is the Autel Evo II Firmware thread, not the Autel Explorer thread so these discussions belong there

None of the above. v1.1.8.3 is for Android Explorer, not the Smart Controller, for which 1.0.72 may still be current. Incidentally, this is the Autel Evo II Firmware thread, not the Autel Explorer thread so these discussions belong there
Yeah... Im aware, now...Blade Strike (Ken Booth) informed me that 1.0.72 is the current app for new FW on the ASCv1

spicynujack don't use the Betas, use the official firmware for the V1 Evo II v2.7.25 because it's stable and works with the latest Explorer app versions
This v2.7.25 FW for the V1 is found in .bin form toward the bottom of this page:
download it to your computer, drag it to a MicroSD card that's been formatted in the drone, and install it in the drive bay of the Evo, switch the controller and the drone on to let the FW unpack, with no other devices connected. It's a safer plan to remove your props off. Your gimbal guard must be removed. The main process takes ~25-30 minutes, so you'll want a fully charged battery. You'll also need to repeat the process for each battery, but this goes faster (the .bin file gets erased from the card each time so you'll have to drag it onto the card prior to each battery).
You may need to update your Autel Explorer version to work with the firmware, depending on its age. (has to be v1.1.7.93 or newer, if I remember correctly). Most all the bugs have been addressed with the recently updated Android version 1.1.80 and it's a big improvement
Allow me to disagree...a lot of bugs were not addressed from 8 months ago....just stay there, like Autel is blind and depth to our requests to fix the bugs....
2 official firmware and the bugs are still there, untouched...
Not a friendly thing in relation to Autel users, is like Autel company is pissing on us every time, as we test it, we give feedback with bugs, they always say We will fix it in further firmware, then nothing...just radio silence...

Allow me to disagree...a lot of bugs were not addressed from 8 months ago....just stay there, like Autel is blind and depth to our requests to fix the bugs....
2 official firmware and the bugs are still there, untouched...
Not a friendly thing in relation to Autel users, is like Autel company is pissing on us every time, as we test it, we give feedback with bugs, they always say We will fix it in further firmware, then nothing...just radio silence...
That's my reply to a guy that was completely confused. who hadn't touched his FW in a year, and this is from 3 weeks ago. The major bugs are gone, the versions I recommended play well together. This kvetching about Autel never fixing stuff is getting tedious

Reactions: Martyc6
That's my reply to a guy that was completely confused. who hadn't touched his FW in a year, and this is from 3 weeks ago. The major bugs are gone, the versions I recommended play well together. This kvetching about Autel never fixing stuff is getting tedious
So do you believe is NORMAL to wait 8 months to fix 2 things?
1. Contrast and Sharpness -1 not working in APP
2. Timelapse in Manual is tilting the camera, making it useless

Is not something we have requested to innovate now, but just a bug fixing.
Also I do not mention a lot of things that was in original manual and are gone, like voice command and video pre-recording, but I can live without it... :)

Did Autel made progress? YES....Is notable? YES...But is useless if 2 years old drone still have issues that can be fixed in 2-3 days of work from the team....This is what I do not understand...We test all versions, we support Autel to identify bugs, but Autel gives nothing for our efforts...And all we have requested is to allocate a few days to fix this reported bugs...THAT IS ALL !!!

My EVO II Enterprise smart controller seems to have frozen at 99% Unpacking, with 10sec left. Everything was going smoothly until this. I'm upgrading to v2.2.5 via the SD card. Any thoughts? Power everything down? It's been at this stage for like 10 minutes now. Now the controller just beeps every once in a while.

20220331_103159.jpg

My EVO II Enterprise smart controller seems to have frozen at 99% Unpacking, with 10sec left. Everything was going smoothly until this. I'm upgrading to v2.2.5 via the SD card. Any thoughts? Power everything down? It's been at this stage for like 10 minutes now. Now the controller just beeps every once in a while.

View attachment 13648
It’s happening to me as well.

View attachment 13648
reboot, check firmware table, retry

Reactions: Martyc6

2.3.8 for V2 Standard RC (04/19/2022)​

2022-04-19
2.3.8 for V2 Standard RC (04/19/2022) Download

What's New​

Camera and Gimbal

• Added media file encryption
  • Added the Weather and EXIF Compatibility options in mission
  • Added frequently used pitch angle shortcut (0, 30, 45, 60, 90 degrees)
  • Fixed MP4 file loading failure in Adobe Premiere

Photo Album

• Fixed the SD card / Internal Memory fromat failure

Flight Control

• Added customizable ascending and descending speed options in Android and Smart Controller Only
  • Optimized the precision landing performance in low light environment
  • Optimized the wind resistance performance

Image Transmission

• Fixed the incompatibility issue on iPad devices (2020 and later)

Others

• Fixed the battery level display error
  • Fixed the mission photo number display inconsistency in elevation optimization

Notes

To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer App to iOS V1.13.0, and Andriod V1.1.8.8.1 or newer.

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe
18 september 2021

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!
Autel introduced 2 versions of firmwares for both V1 and V2 (with and w/o smartcontroller)

Beta Version and Release Notes

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.30 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.61 (EVO II V2) contain the following component updates:
COMPONENTEVO II V1EVO II V2
Flight ControlV0.0.4.63V0.0.4.63
CameraV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller)
V4.0.0.11
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller
RC PanelV3.0.14.0
N/A(Smart Controller)
V4.0.3.7
N/A(Smart Controller)
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
Gimbal0.1.55.00.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.16.0V0.0.16.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
SonarV1.2.1.25V4.0.0.1
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
    • - Added EVO II Enterprise aircraft support
      • Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
      • - Fixed EVO II RTK Rinex file error
      • - Fixed panorama photo compiling error
      • - Optimized precision landing performance
      • - Fixed EVO II 640T temperature warning invalid issue
      • - Fixed RC connection stability issue on EVO II V2
      • - Fixed firmware upgrade failure issue on EVO II V2
      • - Optimized image transmission signal performance on EVO II V2
    • Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.1.42, Android V1.1.7.90 or newer

I don't see the download link for these packages: V2.7.30 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.61 (EVO II V2).

It's not here and not even on the first page of this firmwares discussion.
Why is it missing?

Hi there I would like to do a manual firmware update on the evo 2 V2 do I extract the bin files and jason to the root or the whole zip??
Thanks in advance
Paul

Hi there I would like to do a manual firmware update on the evo 2 V2 do I extract the bin files and jason to the root or the whole zip??
Thanks in advance
Paul
no, copy entire .zip archive to SD card

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller