Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel's non-existent technical service

there are now different ways of using focus in auto and manual that will dictate how you use it and what you can lock on the camera settings. In Auto Focus, you will tap the screen to focus while in Manual Focus you will use the slider that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Attached is a table and some images that show the different configurations of Exposure/Focus settings and how you can lock those settings in.
Ken, thanks for replying, and the the clarification of the functionality.
However, the issue is that the Manual Focus slider is intermittently not appearing when Manual Focus is selected, as seen at the end of the video link in post #19 above. It appears properly, by toggling back and forth between Auto and Manual focus modes, until it doesn't at the end. It definitely appears to be a bug in the Explorer app when using the EVO 2 Pro Manual Focus mode. Can you confirm the issue?

Priceless. A reply from Autel that doesn’t even help or understand the issue at hand that has persisted in the application for quite some time. Typical. Just like calling their customer service line.

Priceless. A reply from Autel that doesn’t even help or understand the issue at hand that has persisted in the application for quite some time. Typical. Just like calling their customer service line.
Ken @Blade Strike is a good guy. Former DJI employee, who has been a great asset to everyone with DJI issues over the years. Let's give him a chance to reply, as his primary focus is Enterprise, rather than the prosumer line. Right now, he is the only one at Autel that I currently have any faith in, after Randall's unfortunate departure. I certainly don't want to discourage Ken from helping, as he is a diamond in the rough!

I wrote to the Autel technical support chat on the official website six days ago that one motor stopped working for me after the firmware update (ESC4). They told me that they had handed over my case to engineers and they would respond soon. But six days have passed and they are silent. I remind the technical support chat every day, and they constantly promise that the engineers will answer me soon. To be honest, I am in great shock from such disgusting Autel technical support.
I used to have a Fimi X8 SE drone, and the Fimi manufacturer wasn't even particularly interested in where their product was purchased, they immediately offered to send them a non-working drone, and either repaired it or sent a new drone carcass (they only asked for a drone without a remote control) + an additional battery was given as a gift to compensate for the paid delivery of the drone to them and the inconvenience provided to the user.
Autel does everything so that buyers turn away from them. To be honest, after this, I will not recommend their products to anyone for purchase and I will no longer contact them. Of course, I will not give up and will insist on repairing the drone, but this company has already got into my black list because of its disregard for customers...

Nah. If someone’s gonna post from the company, maybe they should respond with actual helpful info. Not some generic copy and paste response.

Nah. If someone’s gonna post from the company, maybe they should respond with actual helpful info. Not some generic copy and paste response.
Consider that there's more to "someone" from the company's involvement in this forum than just providing the right answer in the right way. Working support for many years, I can tell you, it's a lot more political than you'd think and one of the most discouraging things is to want to help, but be unable for reasons you can't share. Its not always cut and dry. So why not ease up off this pattern of negative bashing of Autel for a bit, especially anyone who's willing to directly interact with the public and try to help. I get you're upset, and disappointed, or have some other issue you want to flog publicly. But I don't share that issue with you, and I've been in @Blade Strike 's shoes. I seriously doubt he gets paid more to come try and help us here. He checked and replied to questions while he was OOF on vacation, seriously.

More than likely the participation in this forum is a stretch-goal or an effort of passion, rather than something he gets paid to do. Yes, Autel's software has bugs. Yes support can suck. Yes, you've got issues you want everyone to hear. I've heard you, so please. Take a couple weeks and go complain somewhere else, to someone else. Perhaps if you re-focus you'll find you don't care as much about this one thing and you can let it go. And maybe in that time something will happen that may help, or not. Either way, constantly chiming in with your negative attitude is helping nothing.

I've heard enough negative for a while, do me a kindness and just sit back and watch a bit if you've got nothing more to contribute.

Reactions: G_G
I have my right, just as you have your right to say what you like in this public forum. They charge a pretty penny for faulty everything since day one. So maybe you can go take a break.

Ken, thanks for replying, and the the clarification of the functionality.
However, the issue is that the Manual Focus slider is intermittently not appearing when Manual Focus is selected, as seen at the end of the video link in post #19 above. It appears properly, by toggling back and forth between Auto and Manual focus modes, until it doesn't at the end. It definitely appears to be a bug in the Explorer app when using the EVO 2 Pro Manual Focus mode. Can you confirm the issue?
I do apologize and yes this is a known issue since the last few versions. I checked the bug reports again, and still labeled as unresolved.

On other forums tons of people were having issues with new focus change and I should’ve slowed down a read a little more. As you know I just got back from a long vacation and trying to play catch-up.

Regarding Cicero. There’s always a few. What he doesn’t realize is that I don’t even have to be on consumer forums or threads. I’m here because I want to be, glad I’m not forced to deal with his types..

Consider that there's more to "someone" from the company's involvement in this forum than just providing the right answer in the right way. Working support for many years, I can tell you, it's a lot more political than you'd think and one of the most discouraging things is to want to help, but be unable for reasons you can't share. Its not always cut and dry. So why not ease up off this pattern of negative bashing of Autel for a bit, especially anyone who's willing to directly interact with the public and try to help. I get you're upset, and disappointed, or have some other issue you want to flog publicly. But I don't share that issue with you, and I've been in @Blade Strike 's shoes. I seriously doubt he gets paid more to come try and help us here. He checked and replied to questions while he was OOF on vacation, seriously.

More than likely the participation in this forum is a stretch-goal or an effort of passion, rather than something he gets paid to do. Yes, Autel's software has bugs. Yes support can suck. Yes, you've got issues you want everyone to hear. I've heard you, so please. Take a couple weeks and go complain somewhere else, to someone else. Perhaps if you re-focus you'll find you don't care as much about this one thing and you can let it go. And maybe in that time something will happen that may help, or not. Either way, constantly chiming in with your negative attitude is helping nothing.

I've heard enough negative for a while, do me a kindness and just sit back and watch a bit if you've got nothing more to contribute.
thank you sir!

Reactions: Deleted member 8818
I wrote to the Autel technical support chat on the official website six days ago that one motor stopped working for me after the firmware update (ESC4). They told me that they had handed over my case to engineers and they would respond soon. But six days have passed and they are silent. I remind the technical support chat every day, and they constantly promise that the engineers will answer me soon. To be honest, I am in great shock from such disgusting Autel technical support.
I used to have a Fimi X8 SE drone, and the Fimi manufacturer wasn't even particularly interested in where their product was purchased, they immediately offered to send them a non-working drone, and either repaired it or sent a new drone carcass (they only asked for a drone without a remote control) + an additional battery was given as a gift to compensate for the paid delivery of the drone to them and the inconvenience provided to the user.
Autel does everything so that buyers turn away from them. To be honest, after this, I will not recommend their products to anyone for purchase and I will no longer contact them. Of course, I will not give up and will insist on repairing the drone, but this company has already got into my black list because of its disregard for customers...

What's the case number? What region are you in?

This thread is probably one of the worst I've seen for reporting an issue. We first have the OP's post which is a mechanical focus issue and or bad lens. then we have others reporting a focus issue bug and then a ESC issue.

Lets not try not to report multiple issues in one thread. Especially when they are all separate issues.

Thank you!

In the chat, I wrote to EU Support.
Yeah, that would explain a lot. We are currently working on the lack of support people are getting from EU support over the last few months. I have and will continue to report these lack of responses form our EU teams to HQ. Unfortunately that's all I can do regarding other region support. Unless of course you want to send the craft to the US but fair warning shipping and customs is a nightmare.

Reactions: Deleted member 8818

This thread is probably one of the worst I've seen for reporting an issue. We first have the OP's post which is a mechanical focus issue and or bad lens. then we have others reporting a focus issue bug and then a ESC issue.

Lets not try not to report multiple issues in one thread. Especially when they are all separate issues.

Thank you!
You're confusing something. Here on the forum I have one topic with a problem when the firmware from a drone with a smart controller was installed on a drone with a conventional remote control and the remote turned into a brick. But this is not my problem, I was asked to write about it by a person from the evo2 ru group in a telegram. The second topic is about the broken esc4 engine. I didn't write about focusing...

Yeah, that would explain a lot. We are currently working on the lack of support people are getting from EU support over the last few months. I have and will continue to report these lack of responses form our EU teams to HQ. Unfortunately that's all I can do regarding other region support. Unless of course you want to send the craft to the US but fair warning shipping and customs is a nightmare.
I will be waiting for a response from EU support...

You're confusing something. Here on the forum I have one topic with a problem when the firmware from a drone with a smart controller was installed on a drone with a conventional remote control and the remote turned into a brick. But this is not my problem, I was asked to write about it by a person from the evo2 ru group in a telegram. The second topic is about the broken esc4 engine. I didn't write about focusing...
It wasn’t directly pointed to you as my post stated. It’s multiple different issues into one thread. Two being about focus, a hardware focus issue and the other being a software bug..

It’s fine but does makes things confusing, especially when one gets tagged in mid stream.

I will check on Monday if we can at least get a fire going on the EU side. I did read and saw that you have already tried downgrading and upgrading. It does sound like some kind of memory issue on that ESC. You are loading from SD?

It wasn’t directly pointed to you as my post stated. It’s multiple different issues into one thread. Two being about focus, a hardware focus issue and the other being a software bug..

It’s fine but does makes things confusing, especially when one gets tagged in mid stream.

I will check on Monday if we can at least get a fire going on the EU side. I did read and saw that you have already tried downgrading and upgrading. It does sound like some kind of memory issue on that ESC. You are loading from SD?
Yes from an sd card. I tried to install updates 2.1.31, 2.1.57, 2.1.61. The esc4 error doesn't help anyway.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo