Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel's non-existent technical service

MIGUELO

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Indeed, the Autel technical service does not exist.
I have had a problem with my Evo 2 6K. The problem is that it does not focus well. More than 50% of the videos are out of focus. Sometimes when the camera is facing downwards it records as interference and changes the color. Clearly it appears that the Evo's camera is not working properly.
On July 4th I sent an email to Autel's technical service. On the 7th they answered me assigning an ID to my case # 1276875
A few days later I wrote to ask about my case. Unanswered. I continued writing to them to know about my case. Zero response, total silence.
I do not know if any of you have had this problem with the technical service but I am afraid of having an EVO or any Autyel product if the technical service does not exist except to give you an ID.
By the way the ID of my case is: # 1276875

I have put this to the knowledge of Amazon and they have already told me that they will deliver a new one.
Now I don't know whether to accept this change or return it and go back to DJI .

It is a shame because the EVO 2 6K could be an excellent product, but someone is risking having a technological product of this price with a non-existent technical service?

You will tell me

Hi MIGUELO,

Early this year I noticed that my EVO ll 6k would go out of focus when recording video. The EVO ll was sent back to Autel for evaluation. I also included files showing the problem. Autel test flew the drone and couldn't duplicate the problem. They then sent the drone back. The out of focus problem continued. I also noticed that the Auto/Manual focus control in the Explorer app has problems. If I switched back and forth between auto and manual focus a couple of times the manual focus bar would disappear. I again contacted customer support describing the problem. Autel did a test flight and reported that the drone was working properly and that they would send it back. I immediately emailed Autel and told them that there was a focus problem with my drone and not to send it back until the problem was solved. Customer service then paid more attention to my focus problem with the Auto/Manual app issue. Autel emailed me that on further investigation they were able to recreate my focus issue with the app and they replaced the 6k camera at no cost to me. The repaired EVO is now coming back to me.

What convinced me that there was a problem with my 6k drone was that I recently purchased a refurbished 8k EVO ll where focus, both in the videos and app worked properly. That gave me confidence in telling Autel to not return the 6k drone until the focus problem was fixed. Too bad I needed to purchase the 8k EVO just to prove my point.

I believe that Autel has the best of intentions, but sometime customer pressure is required.

Regards,
Richard

Hi ssb73q

Thanks for your answer. Hope Autel will repair your drone as soon as possible.

Regarding what you tell me about the technical service, I have insisted 4 times and in the end I have opted for the Amazon solution which is to give me a totally new one in exchange for nothing.
But the problem persists because if I have a problem I don't trust Autel to help me.
I don't know what it would seem to Autel if I bought him the drone and at the time of payment I pay him with good intentions.
I don't know, I have many doubts and I am very disappointed with this brand.

Hi MIGUELO, I got the EVO ll Pro 6k drone back from Autel, but there is still a problem. I can't get the Manual Focus bar to appear in the Explorer App. Focus works properly with my EVO ll 8k drone so there is clearly a continuing problem with my EVO ll Pro 6k. Three strikes and I;m out. I am pressuring Autel to replace my EVO ll 6k drone. Here we go again.

Regards,
Richard

It's too bad Autel didn't repair your drone and they didn't send you a new one either.
I bought it from Amazon and Amazon's proposal was that if Autel did not solve the problem, Amazon would send me a new one, and it has been.
It has happened to me with several products bought on Amazon. If the manufacturer doesn't respond, Amazon does.

All the best

Hi MIGUELO, I got the EVO ll Pro 6k drone back from Autel, but there is still a problem. I can't get the Manual Focus bar to appear in the Explorer App. Focus works properly with my EVO ll 8k drone so there is clearly a continuing problem with my EVO ll Pro 6k. Three strikes and I;m out. I am pressuring Autel to replace my EVO ll 6k drone. Here we go again.

Regards,
Richard
I have the exact same problem with my EVO II Pro 6k. The Manual Focus bar will randomly disappear from the Explorer app screen or simply become non-responsive when it is present. I suspect a bug in the Explorer app is the real problem, and it likely has nothing to do with the camera, in which case replacing the drone or the camera will be unable to prevent a recurrence! Switching back and forth between Auto focus and Manual focus repeatedly sometimes resolves the issue. It's an intermittent problem, which is the hardest to replicate and diagnose, which is why it still exists over a year after release!

I have the exact same problem with my EVO II Pro 6k. The Manual Focus bar will randomly disappear from the Explorer app screen or simply become non-responsive when it is present. I suspect a bug in the Explorer app is the real problem, and it likely has nothing to do with the camera, in which case replacing the drone or the camera will be unable to prevent a recurrence! Switching back and forth between Auto focus and Manual focus repeatedly sometimes resolves the issue. It's an intermittent problem, which is the hardest to replicate and diagnose, which is why it still exists over a year after release!
Hi G_G,
However, the Auto/Manual focus works correctly with my EVO ll 8k drone using the same Tripltek tablet and beta Android 1.1.7.90 Explorer app. If I didn't have the EVO ll 8k I would also think it is a problem with the app. My EVO ll Pro 6k will be delivered to Autel today so I may soon know what the problem is.

Regards,
Richard

Hi G_G,
However, the Auto/Manual focus works correctly with my EVO ll 8k drone using the same Tripltek tablet and beta Android 1.1.7.90 Explorer app. If I didn't have the EVO ll 8k I would also think it is a problem with the app. My EVO ll Pro 6k will be delivered to Autel today so I may soon know what the problem is.

Regards,
Richard
The 8k and the 6k specific components of the Explorer app are independent of each other, so just because the 8k components work correctly doesn't mean the 6k components also do. I don't have an 8k to test, but it is a fixed aperture lens, unlike the 6k, so the aperture is not adjustable, and in the DJI line, with which I am far more familiar, all their fixed aperture lenses are fixed focus. If that applies to the 8k, it wouldn't have a manual focus capability. Keep us posted on the issue with the 6k delivered today.

The 8k and the 6k specific components of the Explorer app are independent of each other, so just because the 8k components work correctly doesn't mean the 6k components also do. I don't have an 8k to test, but it is a fixed aperture lens, unlike the 6k, so the aperture is not adjustable, and in the DJI line, with which I am far more familiar, all their fixed aperture lenses are fixed focus. If that applies to the 8k, it wouldn't have a manual focus capability. Keep us posted on the issue with the 6k delivered today.
Hi G_G, I disagree. Moving the manual focus bar with the Autel EVO ll 8k does change the focus. At 0 the focus is just a couple of inches, a setting of 50 is infinity. I may hear something today from Autel about my EVO ll Pro 6k focus problem.

Regards,
Richard

Hi G_G, I disagree. Moving the manual focus bar with the Autel EVO ll 8k does change the focus. At 0 the focus is just a couple of inches, a setting of 50 is infinity. I may hear something today from Autel about my EVO ll Pro 6k focus problem.

Regards,
Richard
Have you tried swapping the cameras between the 2 drones?

Have you tried swapping the cameras between the 2 drones?
Hi nh phantom, no, I haven't tried swapping the cameras. I will do that if Autel can't find the focus problem with the EVO ll Pro 6k.

Regards,
Richard

Regards,
Richard
Good to know. However, just because the 8k has focus capability, despite it being fixed aperture, and it works as intended within the Explorer app, doesn't mean the two different modules for each separate camera within the Explorer app are identical. Clearly, there are significant differences in functionality between the two cameras. The programming within the two different camera modules within the Explorer app is distinct and separate. The lack of a particular bug within the 8k module doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a bug within the 6k module. Keep us posted after you get the new 6k camera so we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Hi everyone.
Indeed, the Autel technical service does not exist.
I have had a problem with my Evo 2 6K. The problem is that it does not focus well. More than 50% of the videos are out of focus. Sometimes when the camera is facing downwards it records as interference and changes the color. Clearly it appears that the Evo's camera is not working properly.
On July 4th I sent an email to Autel's technical service. On the 7th they answered me assigning an ID to my case # 1276875
A few days later I wrote to ask about my case. Unanswered. I continued writing to them to know about my case. Zero response, total silence.
I do not know if any of you have had this problem with the technical service but I am afraid of having an EVO or any Autyel product if the technical service does not exist except to give you an ID.
By the way the ID of my case is: # 1276875

I have put this to the knowledge of Amazon and they have already told me that they will deliver a new one.
Now I don't know whether to accept this change or return it and go back to DJI .

It is a shame because the EVO 2 6K could be an excellent product, but someone is risking having a technological product of this price with a non-existent technical service?

You will tell me
Miguelo -

Have you been taken care of?

Miguelo -

Have you been taken care of?
Hi G_G, I heard back from Autel yesterday that they can't find any problem with the manual focus with the drone. I asked them if they were using an Android device, but haven't heard back. They suggested that if they did do any more work on the drone they may need to charge me a service charge. I told them to send the drone back ASAP, but that hasn't happened yet. I am hoping the drone not being quickly sent back is that maybe they tried an Android device and now see the issue. Maybe you are correct in that the problem is the Explorer app. When I learn more I will report back.

Regards,
Richard

Hi, the Autel EVO ll Pro 6k is being returned to me. Nothing was resolved about the manual focus issue. I guess it is up to me to find the problem with manual focus not working.

I really like my EVO ll 8k for doing missions and making 2D & 3D maps, but I'll be damned if I ever buy another Autel product. Looking forward to the DJI Mavic 3.

Regards,
Richard

Hi, testing the returned from Autel shows that the AF/MF is still a problem. I tested the drone with two Android and one IOS devices. The results are the same, switching between auto focus and manual focus a couple of times locks out the ability to do a manual focus. The manual focus bar disappears. I am running beta 1.1.7.93 with Android, but the results are the same as 1.1.7.83. At least the AF/MF works after starting up one time so I can make the settings I need in manual focus for Missions.

When we get into bad weather when I can't fly, I will switch the cameras on my two EVO ll drones and see if this problem follows the camera.

Regards,
Richard

Last edited:
Hi, testing the returned from Autel shows that the AF/MF is still a problem. I tested the drone with two Android and one IOS devices. The results are the same, switching between auto focus and manual focus a couple of times locks out the ability to do a manual focus. The manual focus bar disappears. I am running beta 1.1.7.93 with Android, but the results are the same as 1.1.7.83. At least the AF/MF works after starting up one time so I can make the settings I need in manual focus for Missions.

When we get into bad weather when I can't fly, I will switch the cameras on my two EVO ll drones and see if this problem follows the camera.

Regards,
Richard
Thanks for the update.
Unfortunate that @Blade Strike still hasn't weighed in to tell us anything.

Hi, I emailed Autel that the AF/MF still wasn't working properly. They asked me to make a video showing the problem. I used a Canon M50 to make a video recording testing the switching AF/MF. Wouldn't you know it, that test was the first time I was able to switch between AF and MF a number of times before it quit working. Most of the time I get only one and sometimes no ability to successfully switch between auto focus and manual after starting the app. I wanted to snailmail the file to Autel, but they suggested using Google Drive to upload the video file. I never used Google Drive before, but gave it a try. Since Autel will see the file you can too:
MVI_0189.MP4
Watch the video to the end to see the problem appear.

If I could be assured that the ability to switch AF/MF reliability a couple of times in a flight, I would be a happy camper. Unfortunately, even though the AF/MF test in the video appears to somewhat work, I can't rely on it working 100% for even one time.

BTW, I see this problem being discussed by other EVO ll Pro owners, but never see a resolution of the problem. Is it a bug in the Explorer app? Probably.

Edit: this morning I went out to fly a mission where I couldn't switch to manual focus even once.

Regards,
Richard

Last edited:
Reactions: G_G
there are now different ways of using focus in auto and manual that will dictate how you use it and what you can lock on the camera settings. In Auto Focus, you will tap the screen to focus while in Manual Focus you will use the slider that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Attached is a table and some images that show the different configurations of Exposure/Focus settings and how you can lock those settings in.

Attachments

• Exposure_Focus Locks.pdf
    186.7 KB · Views: 18
  • D78D7664-072C-489D-BE6C-02FD11140FEF.jpeg
    D78D7664-072C-489D-BE6C-02FD11140FEF.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: rcee

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members