Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Feature Requests – Submit Here

I would like to see an extreme weather version of the Evo II. Right now as it stands I don't believe the Evo II is designed to handle heavy rain. For this reason it has limited equipment and property surveillance functions because it's ability to carry out it's mission is dependant upon the weather and during heavy rains and Inclimate weather is exactly when I want to be monitoring our rooftops and greenhouses.
It would be a great addition to the Enterprise lineup.... If you need this capability now, PhantomRain makes a wetsuit for the EVO 2 that allows you to fly in the rain.

Reactions: SARty
Autel EVO II Pilots,

As our Advexure team and the Autel team continues to receive many different emails, calls, chats and messages with different feature requests for the EVO II. The goal of this thread is to create a centralized discussion and means of sharing feature requests, bugs and feedback on the feedback.

We are working in close coordination with the Autel team to share and advocate user feedback, requests and wishes for review and potential implementation. Both of our teams will monitor this thread closely and share updates and feedback regarding the requests submitted. Keep your request short, sweet and to the point, we will ask if further clarification is needed on a certain request.

Thank you for all of your input and contributions! :)

–The Advexure Team
1. Manual focus should work in all res and profiles with:
- zoom in even digital when touch screen
- refocus on point from screen touched, in Manual Focus
2. Should make POI selection like Dji, directly on screen, even in Manual Mode... When I draw a box on screen should jump to menu and ask if is POI, and what type of movement is needed (rotation, fixed POI and so on)
3. Adjust of controllers curve more than 0.2...sticks still sucks in movement, waaaay to sensitive... Can also make a curve that limit sticks to a defined %... Like max stick will give me max 60% throttle... Will get DJi from behind at controls in this way.
4. AEB should be defined as + - values by user.
5. Zoom should be controlled by a combination of wheel + button A or B, in a more soft way, not like a brick
6. 360 stitch in soft...
7. STITCH SHOULD NOT CUT VIDEO FEED... because this is pure and simple stupid... No one wants to stay like crazy a few minutes without video feed... Maybe process it before download from drone instead of In air?
8. Settings saved in app... A lot of complains that app forget settings when change battery... Why?
9. Way points like DJi... Is a capable drone, but the turns in way points should be soft, predicting curve, not like a brick.

Customers service Stinks #1 Autel failed miserably !
FIAT ( Fucked In All Trials )
The Autel EVO2 Pro finally shining ! !
After finally reaching Customers service after a few tries I got through but the person did not sound happy for I kept the phone ringing. They are not even Ashamed of Goofing Off ! !
**--** While doing Panoramic pictures we should be able to choose to stitch while up in the air and drain battery or choose to stitch when back home !

* * Right after taking Panoramic pictures and stitching, if I touch any control knob the stitching fails to complete even tho it looks all is well. Once the pictures are taken and in to stitching mode we should be able to re-position the drone for the next Panoramic picture once the Red Go lights up ! !
* * * Watch out even after when the " Red Go " lights up the stitching Mode is not finished and Not ready for the next Panorama Autel Drone is getting far better and Stable but still needs Finishing touches, yet ! !

* * The batteries after not being used for a week or 10 days are already down to 12 to 13 minutes and after taking a few pictures before I notice the drone is already coming home ! Here's what I do right after use and the battery cools down I charge it, never leave it on charger any longer then needed, then when a week or 10 days later I just use them in a numerical order with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5th one went bad ( Broken Battery ) for no reason !
Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong with my way of charging my batteries ?

Please turn the Zoom in to a smoother zoom like DJI Air 2 did and not jerky 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X etc !
Thanks for reading Autel.

Attachments

• Autel EVO 2 Pro battery condition.jpg
    Autel EVO 2 Pro battery condition.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Customers service Stinks #1 Autel failed miserably !
FIAT ( Fucked In All Trials )
The Autel EVO2 Pro finally shining ! !
After finally reaching Customers service after a few tries I got through but the person did not sound happy for I kept the phone ringing. They are not even Ashamed of Goofing Off ! !
Please do not contaminate the thread... Post it in separate thread.
We try to make it better... All... Try to suggest something...
Tks

I don’t know if this was mentioned, and if it has please delete.

(1) With Dual band on the horizon, if possible show which band is currently used during flight on main app screen somewhere beside signal strength. As it changes bands, we can view this on the main app screen instead of going to settings during flight to open up transmission window.

(2) Maybe even assigned C1/C2 to access changing bands, while monitoring the switch of bands from the app screen.

(3) And, when reviewing flight path show bands used during flight.

Most pressing for me is to be able to program the controller underside buttons, ie one for OA off/on, the other for exposure bracketing on/off....should programmable to as many functions as possible
I would love to see the ability to program the controller underside buttons to command and quickly move to a specific orientation of the gimbal i.e. 0˚ or -90˚

A couple of creativity enhancements for the panorama feature:

1) Provide an option to switch off stitching after executing a pano. Maybe in camera settings? Some of us don't need that since we do stitching in post.

2) Provide a manual panorama option that would allow users to set width, height and overlap parameters (in degrees).

Last edited:
A couple of creativity enhancements for the panorama feature:

1) Provide an option to switch off stitching after executing a pano. Maybe in camera settings? Some of us don't need that since we do stitching in post.

2) Provide a manual panorama option that would allow users to set width, height and overlap parameters (in degrees).
Fully agree with manual turning off stitching for all panorama-wide-and so on...We stitch it better in app...also for quality you need to stitch raw, not jpg, so...

Provide a capability to plan, edit and store missions on desktop and then push to Autel Explorer (on my iPhone) as needed.
And at a minimum, export saved missions and import missions to another device. Sure we can import a file with waypoints, however we still have to go through and add actions etc.

Option in next Official Explorer release to kill the zoom on the right wheel to restore correct camera menu navigation function on Standard Controller. Latest Beta wrecked the functionality of the camera menu scrolling while flying. Smart Controller ruins the ergonomics and continuity of moving from the Standard Controller by removing menu scrolling on the right wheel and dedicating it to zoom-control only, consequence being Smart Controller requires removing hand from sticks to change camera settings with a stab to the touchscreen. It's so easily done when flying by thumbs with the Standard Controller (quickly becomes a part of muscle memory!) that this is a complete deal-breaker. Bring back the the scroll-wheel navigation, drop the weight by half, and the price, too, and the Smart Controller will be a winner

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL
1. Add panorama to missions as an available waypoint action.

2. Also for waypoint action, add an delay action of some seconds between actions (e.g. like Litchi). For example, action #1 stop recording, action #2 delay 1 sec, action #3 take photo, action #4 start recording. Or, action #1 delay 15 sec (this would be handy if carrying a payload such as gopro max, insta, etc).

3. Make the missions top left pop out icon/image larger, or extend it out further onto main screen, its difficult to get it to pop out to change mission camera settings, with cold weather and cold hands (dont even bother with gloves), its very difficult at best.

4. Make other red cancel (and pause) on screen buttons larger, and/or allow one of the programmable controller buttons to be able to respond to those.

5. And since I have not mentioned it yet today, please, add/enable save/export mission (with actions etc) so that they can be shared/moved/backed/imported into up to another device (with actions).

Reactions: pwaitzman
Option in next Official Explorer release to kill the zoom on the right wheel to restore correct camera menu navigation function on Standard Controller. Latest Beta wrecked the functionality of the camera menu scrolling while flying. Smart Controller ruins the ergonomics and continuity of moving from the Standard Controller by removing menu scrolling on the right wheel and dedicating it to zoom-control only, consequence being Smart Controller requires removing hand from sticks to change camera settings with a stab to the touchscreen. It's so easily done when flying by thumbs with the Standard Controller (quickly becomes a part of muscle memory!) that this is a complete deal-breaker. Bring back the the scroll-wheel navigation, drop the weight by half, and the price, too, and the Smart Controller will be a winner
Make smooth zoom control an option for the right wheel.

Reactions: gschulzuio
And at a minimum, export saved missions and import missions to another device. Sure we can import a file with waypoints, however we still have to go through and add actions etc.
How do you import a file with waypoints? I've tried importing kml's from google earth but have not yet been successful. Hopefully, I don't have the process down yet.

How do you import a file with waypoints? I've tried importing kml's from google earth but have not yet been successful. Hopefully, I don't have the process down yet.
The following is for android:

1. Copy your kml to autel explorer folder on your device.

Note: If you have an extra microsd card(s) in your device, make sure you point to one where explorer located).

2. E.g. if explorer on default/main device (e.g. phones memory/storage) then something like:

device -> Android -> data -> com.autelrpbotics.explorer -> files

3. Open autel explorer app, go into missions, look for small import (not intuitive) icon middle right (see yellow circled on image) and click that.

Screenshot_20211107-083417_Autel Explorer.jpg
4. Assuming you have placed kml in proper location, it should appear as in image with applicable name, select that.

Screenshot_20211107-083438_Autel Explorer.jpg

5. If properly formatted kml, a new mission will open that you can edit, save etc.

Notes:
1. Before flying, verify your altitudes are correct or update them, also verify if MSL or AGL.
2. You might also have duplicate waypoints, you can clean those out as needed.
3. First time you try the above do it in an open area clear of obstructions, and verify altitude and waypoint settings, particular if in MSL vs. AGL to avoid surprises...

Good luck.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy