Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Feature Requests – Submit Here

Suggestion - we stop taking request because once they offer us the request everyone claims their broke and cries and whines it cost to much - If it aint free they all come out.

Looks like DJI has come out with an option to make LOG colorized on the screen while filming and flying. I would really like to see Autel do this with the Evo's and beyond.
And how about also adding selectable cache on app, save.

So I've noticed that if you shoot in RAW, and zoom in. The resulting RAW file isn't zoomed in. Then if you shoot in JPEG and zoom in, you get the zoomed in image as a full sized JPEG but the quality is poor.

How about being able to capture a zoomed in RAW file with the same quality and size as the 1X shot?

How about being able to capture a zoomed in RAW file with the same quality and size as the 1X shot?

Won't happen... this is what defines the difference between an optical zoom (where the image is altered by physically changing the focal length of the lens)... as opposed to what all aerial cameras have, a digital zoom (achieved by digitally cropping the image).

If the latter is the only choice, as a photographer first... I will reserve the option to crop anywhere within the image, not just the center... and to what degree. ?

Reactions: herein2021
I will reserve the option to crop anywhere within the image,
that's what I do, I typically shoot landscape, so I try n crop ~~~1:2 format keeping as much original as I can but moving around to find the "sweet spot". Had a print made 2' X4' completely acceptable as a wall hanging, a gallery piece, no.

I think a great feature would be to make the obstacle sensors least sensitive at stop then as the speed increases make them more sensitive until full sensitivity is reached at 40 mph. Much like how a key frame works.

I did a test in a canyon last week with the Air 2S and even though it dropped tracking a couple of times it was able to make it through the canyon. The E2P today was not able to do this using Dynamic Track. I believe the sensors are too sensitive (at full strength all the time). The aircraft did great in the open but in the canyon with walls on the sides it would not hold a lock.Raising it above the canyon walls didn't work because it was then too far from the target (a Jeep).

Last edited:
I've been talking to Autel staff about some inquiries. A version of the app with 180 and 360º panoramic photos will be released shortly. They will also smooth the zoom jumps, in future versions the minimum zoom in / out will be 0.01x, I have also requested a couple of interesting things such as adding a speed adjustment in the speed ramp in the initial / final movements of the gimbal, so they are not so rough. I have also suggested adding SPLIT mode to the 640t's view modes. R&D team is already informed and seeing how to implement it.
As you can see, I did not lie to you

Attachments

• 61cd2d97-985c-4acf-b54a-0ed2d321d43d.jpg
    61cd2d97-985c-4acf-b54a-0ed2d321d43d.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
thanks for compiling this!
  • Smoothed/Curved Waypoint handling
  • Programmable A/B Buttons
  • Easy 360 panos
  • Mission transfer/sharing between devices.
  • Mission Cloning to reuse points of interest without changing the previous mission.
Thanks.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Would be awesome if we had the ability to record phone audio in the local cache files, like DJI/Parrot does

As I mentioned elsewhere, it would be nice on the SC to be able to adjust EV with the right scroll wheel....

Considering you guys are using Mapbox now, it would be awesome if you would give us the ability to cache specific areas of the map.
Thanks!

I would like to see an additional customizable button option that is like the 0/90 degree tilt that is already there but also lets you set the speed at witch the tilt happens.

This would make more complicated shots much simpler for everyone to get. You can focus on flying and not have to deal with gimble tilt at the same time. You fly the drone while the gimble slowly tilts at set speed.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Finally, Autel really missed its mark with the radio control.
He should have made a radio with just buttons, everyone would have been happy! ................ moqueur dji.gif

Haven't seen this mentioned before, but I would like the ability to display some rate information on the screen. We already have airspeed (absolute, not referenced to aircraft axis), vertical velocity, lateral/longitudinal velocity (basically X and Y velocities), as well as Yaw Rate. I know it probably wouldn't be for everyone, but as I try to repeat shots, ensure accurate ground tracks without drift, and manage climb and descent shots (especially farther from the ground, where rates ae harder to see), I think they would help. Maybe that's the engineer in me though...

I think it's been mentioned, but the ability to set rates, EXP, and such the way it's possible in freestyle and racing drones using BetaFlight (but also for gimbal). Possibly even being able to save several presets that can be switched in flight, say, one for getting to location quickly, one for long shots, one for tighter tracking, whatever. I can do all that on small drones I build myself, and think it would be very beneficial for the EVO 2. Might be fighting for real estate on a phone screen, but tablets would have room.

Can the obstacle avoidance cameras be accessed by the video system? Would be super handy to have even a low rez PiP of one or more of those cameras when working close to anything you're not pointed straight at. Yeah, I know that's a stretch, but would be handy, just like the back-up cam in most vehicles these days.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo