Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Feature Requests – Submit Here

How many times do we keep repeating our issues when Autel people are so thick headed and refuse to follow our help !
I have stopped video taping with Autel EVO 2 Pro due to Jerky movements. We are not all Drag Racers and we bought the Autel EVO2 Pro for smooth cinematic video coverage that they don't understand nor care to understand !
What jerky movements? In Precision Flight?

Reactions: gschulzuio
Yes. I'm thinking it would be across the board with every function of the sticks and scroll wheel and not adjustable other than, say, a smoothness setting. The idea, like I hope I made clear, is to stop the hard stop in all functional moves and replace with a smoother ramped stop.
Its not a work around or even a hack, however have you played with smart orbit, set it up, set speed at say 2mph, start it on an orbit, then during the orbit change the speed to higher, then lower etc. Its not clean, thus not a hack or work around, however it gets closer to the point of being able to do something like that.

A moderator should close this thread and unpin it, Autel are not seeing this.
Or, instead of closing and unpinning, create a list of requests, setup a poll and let people indicate which they want with some type of ranking, similar to what other platforms/vendors/venues do.

For example, have a period where the requests are made, added, at end of period, someone collects those and creates a poll, then a poll period opens, or stays open. Its then up to Autel or anyone else to look at and do what they want. Likewise hand it to Autel via formal, informal, or any other channels so they have it and cant say we never saw it. Otoh, for those who dont want Autel, they can then easily look at it as a guide of whats there and not there.

Reactions: pongnut
Maybe in ludicrous mode? Maybe if sticks over sensitive? Maybe if Monday? ;)
I don't understand your point...Be more "precision flight" please... :)
Orbit mode is a joke, of course, as the POI is going eventually out of screen after 3-4 turns...
Also sticks are sensitive, even with EXP set to 0.38 or 0.42 and 50% total...
But...we can admit that in Precision mode the flight is very smooth, I can compare it with DJI and is better and even more controlable.
I do not like to throw with stones in Autel if is not the case...We are fair enough to admit also the good parts, not only the bad ones.

What jerky movements? In Precision Flight?
All I use is the Manual mode and Panoramic mode strictly for images only, now !
Video is far far too Jerky even when I slow things as down as possible.
I’m a Prof. Videographer and bought your Autel EVO2 Pro 6K ( Two of them ) for destination shots and Smoother Cinematic Panning shots with out sudden jerky camera movements.

We the Prof. Videographers need a “ Cinematic Mode ” In which the camera settings should allow me to put from 0 to 8 seconds gradual smoother delay for the camera and Drone to achieve the speed of the move I have set at the “ Beginning of the shot and the Ending of the Shot “ * * * * Dampen all the sudden jerky movements to very very gradual coming to the speed as selected in the Flight Control, Advanced Settings, Sensitivity , Yaw Movement to as slow as 08% The lowest I could set is 20% still needs slower down to 08%

***** We do not Drone Race but use Autel EVO2 Pro 6K to get our video shots and pictures from above ! The newer firmware 2.622 still the Gimbel does not Auto Calibrate. * * * Yesterday after firmware update to 2.622 My LCD had a long drag say 25 to 30 seconds and I did not even know what I wad shooting due to long delay ! !

Absolutely no provision to put two $12 video lights on both front arms. * * Beef up the Propeller guards at the joints and use better stronger Nylon to keep them from breaking and protecting the Drone in case of a crash, when it starts to Boomerang and goes crazy like mine two Autel EVO2 Pro did recently !

* * Where I live its always windy, how much wind can your drone safely fly on ? The newer firmware was suppose to give us smoother gradual zoom controlled by right thumb wheel to zoom-in and zoom out !

** The Mavic Air 2 drone give this capability at $700 drone, who wants jerky 2x, 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X etc.

In Panoramic mode right after it takes the images give us the choice to Either choose Stitch while Flying and Draining the already short changed battery from 40 minutes to 31 minutes if one can read and after a few days a fully charged battery is only good for 14 to 16 minutes.

Or

Continue taking more Panoramic pictures.

So far I find Microsoft ICE does a fairly good job stitching, the best part its Free ! !

All I use is the Manual mode and Panoramic mode strictly for images only, now !
Video is far far too Jerky even when I slow things as down as possible.
I’m a Prof. Videographer and bought your Autel EVO2 Pro 6K ( Two of them ) for destination shots and Smoother Cinematic Panning shots with out sudden jerky camera movements.

We the Prof. Videographers need a “ Cinematic Mode ” In which the camera settings should allow me to put from 0 to 8 seconds gradual smoother delay for the camera and Drone to achieve the speed of the move I have set at the “ Beginning of the shot and the Ending of the Shot “ * * * * Dampen all the sudden jerky movements to very very gradual coming to the speed as selected in the Flight Control, Advanced Settings, Sensitivity , Yaw Movement to as slow as 08% The lowest I could set is 20% still needs slower down to 08%

***** We do not Drone Race but use Autel EVO2 Pro 6K to get our video shots and pictures from above ! The newer firmware 2.622 still the Gimbel does not Auto Calibrate. * * * Yesterday after firmware update to 2.622 My LCD had a long drag say 25 to 30 seconds and I did not even know what I wad shooting due to long delay ! !

Absolutely no provision to put two $12 video lights on both front arms. * * Beef up the Propeller guards at the joints and use better stronger Nylon to keep them from breaking and protecting the Drone in case of a crash, when it starts to Boomerang and goes crazy like mine two Autel EVO2 Pro did recently !

* * Where I live its always windy, how much wind can your drone safely fly on ? The newer firmware was suppose to give us smoother gradual zoom controlled by right thumb wheel to zoom-in and zoom out !

** The Mavic Air 2 drone give this capability at $700 drone, who wants jerky 2x, 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X etc.

In Panoramic mode right after it takes the images give us the choice to Either choose Stitch while Flying and Draining the already short changed battery from 40 minutes to 31 minutes if one can read and after a few days a fully charged battery is only good for 14 to 16 minutes.

Or

Continue taking more Panoramic pictures.

So far I find Microsoft ICE does a fairly good job stitching, the best part its Free ! !
I feel you, but:
For butter smooth you need to try Precision mode...will allow you to manually set the max speed you want...I am probably the most "louder" here criticizing Autel for bugs and things, but I must say that for video this settings are OK:
Precision Mode, Gimbal EXP: 60%, Sensitivity 0.42, 80%-80%-65%.
I use it in commercials, not filming weddings, but I can say that is a good sensor and the drone if is tuned properly is OK.
If Autel fix the remaining Bugs, would be the perfect drone from my side for videography and photos, despite even Mavic3 with what is offering.
If you try to take a movie in Manual mode and not Precision mode, will be hard to manage the movement from sticks, even with minimal sensitivity, as is too aggressive in left-right and turn left-turn right.

I do not take Pano photos using Auto Panorama, i must admit...I consider it to be too risky as it can fail to achieve a proper final photo...I make AEB photos and overlap around 15%, as panorama photos take too long...And I combine them later in Lightroom and Photoshop...
So as a Semi-Pro as I consider myself, I can advice you to use:
1. Precision Flight for videos;
2. Missions with POI, where you set speed of movement very low and a POI, and the footage will be very nice.
Cheers.

I feel you, but:
For butter smooth you need to try Precision mode...will allow you to manually set the max speed you want...I am probably the most "louder" here criticizing Autel for bugs and things, but I must say that for video this settings are OK:
Precision Mode, Gimbal EXP: 60%, Sensitivity 0.42, 80%-80%-65%.
I use it in commercials, not filming weddings, but I can say that is a good sensor and the drone if is tuned properly is OK.
If Autel fix the remaining Bugs, would be the perfect drone from my side for videography and photos, despite even Mavic3 with what is offering.
If you try to take a movie in Manual mode and not Precision mode, will be hard to manage the movement from sticks, even with minimal sensitivity, as is too aggressive in left-right and turn left-turn right.

I do not take Pano photos using Auto Panorama, i must admit...I consider it to be too risky as it can fail to achieve a proper final photo...I make AEB photos and overlap around 15%, as panorama photos take too long...And I combine them later in Lightroom and Photoshop...
So as a Semi-Pro as I consider myself, I can advice you to use:
1. Precision Flight for videos;
2. Missions with POI, where you set speed of movement very low and a POI, and the footage will be very nice.
Cheers.
Greetings Geo Drone, Thanks for taking your time to answer back, I made a note of your settings and will try them next.
Please continue to give your ideas for others too will find them very useful.
Happy New Year to you all.
Here are all my Panoramic 12 picture stitched with Microsoft ICE totally free program:

Reactions: GeoDrone SRL
Greetings Geo Drone, Thanks for taking your time to answer back, I made a note of your settings and will try them next.
Please continue to give your ideas for others too will find them very useful.
Happy New Year to you all.
Here are all my Panoramic 12 picture stitched with Microsoft ICE totally free program:
I just tried to go in to Precision Mode while indoors but could not, that mean's unless the Drone is airborne and outside one can not switch to Precision mode and secondly those settings of yours will have to be put in every time, that's a Autel Stupid, silly Hassle as usual.
What ever settings I dial-in needs to remain active unless I change them ! !
I got two Autel EVO2 Pro and none of the video that I ever captured is worth a damn but the pictures are good.

To me Autel EVO2 Pro drone is meant for Photography only or Drag Racing !
**--** In my way of thinking Shaky, Jerky movements in video cause Dizziness to the viewers, don't need a bottle to get drunk ! !

Last edited:
I just tried to go in to Precision Mode while indoors but could not, that mean's unless the Drone is airborne and outside one can not switch to Precision mode and secondly those settings of yours will have to be put in every time, that's a Autel Stupid, silly Hassle as usual.
What ever settings I dial-in needs to remain active unless I change them ! !
I got two Autel EVO2 Pro and none of the video that I ever captured is worth a damn but the pictures are good.

To me Autel EVO2 Pro drone is meant for Photography only or Drag Racing !
**--** In my way of thinking Shaky, Jerky movements in video cause Dizziness to the viewers, don't need a bottle to get drunk ! !
This modes can be activated after Take Off...On a part is safer like this, because if you get very high winds and you are in Precision at Take Off, don't know what can happen.
After Take Off, I have used Precision in winds up to 45km/h, drone was very smooth and gimbal was rock steady (I think precision mode is for precise slow motions for videographers but can handle also pretty strong winds as I have tested it).
Give it a try outside (or inside if you have protections for propellers), is a game changer.
PS. From last Autel Explorer version, it remembers all settings and EXP setting, so...is a winner.

This modes can be activated after Take Off...On a part is safer like this, because if you get very high winds and you are in Precision at Take Off, don't know what can happen.
After Take Off, I have used Precision in winds up to 45km/h, drone was very smooth and gimbal was rock steady (I think precision mode is for precise slow motions for videographers but can handle also pretty strong winds as I have tested it).
Give it a try outside (or inside if you have protections for propellers), is a game changer.
PS. From last Autel Explorer version, it remembers all settings and EXP setting, so...is a winner.
**--** Just went out and tried it in this freezing temp. I set the Gimble EXP to 60% but did not find the Sensitivity settings in Gimble of 0.42, 80%-80%- 65% where do I go for these settings ?

Two days back I took off and it was freezing and after minutes in the air I got a warning Battery temp too low !
I was forced to abort my mission !

Last edited:
I see the Mavic 3 now has a wide angle lens accessory. We need one for the Evo 2P!

**--** Just went out and tried it in this freezing temp. I set the Gimble EXP to 60% but did not find the Sensitivity settings in Gimble of 0.42, 80%-80%- 65% where do I go for these settings ?

Two days back I took off and it was freezing and after minutes in the air I got a warning Battery temp too low !
I was forced to abort my mission !
Sensitivity of reaction for sticks (you have a curve that can adjust how responsive is the stick)...that you can try at 0.42 or even try how you like...Experiment on it with settings and get your sweet spot...
Also 80-80-65 is in Flight Control- Sensitivity of Attitude/Brake/Yaw....
Use last Autel Explorer official app in order to be OK, as in previous versions you get a black cell in there, cannot see the setting.

PS. I took it at -15 Celsius degrees and flight around 20 minutes without any issues...Put the battery close to your body, so when you start the drone it is warm enough (don't keep it on ground too much)...then it will keep the temp with inside warming circuitry...Also at -20 Celsius you can cover half of air intakes with scotch-tape, will be around +20 Celsius inside drone at flight, will be perfect. (but watch for gimbal, as at freezing temp is not so smooth, use drone movements and Gimbal Lock).

How many times do we keep repeating our issues when Autel people are so thick headed and refuse to follow our help !
I have stopped video taping with Autel EVO 2 Pro due to Jerky movements. We are not all Drag Racers and we bought the Autel EVO2 Pro for smooth cinematic video coverage that they don't understand nor care to understand !
I bought the Evo 2 because of the camera. Why wouldn't Autel be thinking about smooth camera movements then?It seems they could use the current waypoint facility that is promoted mostly for mapping and add ramping features for altitude, POI and all other attitude controls in order to give us some kind of cinematic control. Is that too hard to do?

1. Allow separate camera settings for photo and video modes. When you switch from photo to video, the video settings are set to what ever you last set them to. Likewise, when you go from video to photo, your photo settings were whatever they were before going to video.

2. Persist or save the last setting of the bottom light. For example if it was set to 1 sec flash last flight, it will be at 1sec flash next flight/battery change. If it was auto, then it goes to auto, if it was off, then its off etc.

3. And since it is a new week, time to mention again, add the ability to save, export a mission with all waypoint settings, waypoint actions, etc and then import them into different app/dev/controller.

4. Add 360 sphere (with no processing) as a waypoint action for missions.

5. Add a pause/wait/stay for x seconds as a waypoint action (e.g. like litchi).

6. Make the red "Cancel" popup buttons a little bigger, likewise make the pop out from top left tab at least a 1/4" wider, even when turning finger sideways its tricky to get that pop out tab to pop out, and almost impossible with gloves when cold (even with thin touchpad gloves).

I bought the Evo 2 because of the camera. Why wouldn't Autel be thinking about smooth camera movements then?It seems they could use the current waypoint facility that is promoted mostly for mapping and add ramping features for altitude, POI and all other attitude controls in order to give us some kind of cinematic control. Is that too hard to do?
In missions the camera is very smooth following POI...
The waypoints cannot be smooth as DJI have, as the hardware does not allow it, also python programming sucks.
But you can set missions from point A to point B using POI, then when position from point B to C make a transition in editing... There is no other alternative, I have spoked with officials and smoother waypoints like DJI have cannot be done for E2P.
Also you have EXP for gimbal, from minimal movement to fast movement, so I don't follow how smooth is desired as is slower than TREPIED mode from DJI in Precision Mode and EXP set at 40 for gimbal...
So...we have smooth movements in E2P, we have smooth gimbal, smooth Missions POI, but will never be smooth transitions from one waypoint to other, as it cannot be done with this hw.
Cheers.

1. Allow separate camera settings for photo and video modes. When you switch from photo to video, the video settings are set to what ever you last set them to. Likewise, when you go from video to photo, your photo settings were whatever they were before going to video.

2. Persist or save the last setting of the bottom light. For example if it was set to 1 sec flash last flight, it will be at 1sec flash next flight/battery change. If it was auto, then it goes to auto, if it was off, then its off etc.

3. And since it is a new week, time to mention again, add the ability to save, export a mission with all waypoint settings, waypoint actions, etc and then import them into different app/dev/controller.

4. Add 360 sphere (with no processing) as a waypoint action for missions.

5. Add a pause/wait/stay for x seconds as a waypoint action (e.g. like litchi).

6. Make the red "Cancel" popup buttons a little bigger, likewise make the pop out from top left tab at least a 1/4" wider, even when turning finger sideways its tricky to get that pop out tab to pop out, and almost impossible with gloves when cold (even with thin touchpad gloves).
As I remember, switching from Video to Photo and back, it "remembers" my last settings for the Photo or for Video...I've had yesterday some pics and when I switched from video to photo, in photo were my last settings from a couple of days ago...I am sure because I had it at 1" and yesterday was needed 1/30...
This is what you were saying? Or you want to import settings from Video to Photo when changing from Vid to Ph?

As I remember, switching from Video to Photo and back, it "remembers" my last settings for the Photo or for Video...I've had yesterday some pics and when I switched from video to photo, in photo were my last settings from a couple of days ago...I am sure because I had it at 1" and yesterday was needed 1/30...
This is what you were saying? Or you want to import settings from Video to Photo when changing from Vid to Ph?
Will try again, as of a nights ago, if I have camera setup for photo for long exposure, and camera for video setup diff, what I recall was when switched from photo to video, video settings not what I had set, so change the video settings, shoot video, switch to photo, make adjustments if needed. Will try again in next few days and make more notes. Also more so with the 8K, when you are in photo say 2x zoom take photo, switch to video, shoot video (no zoom), then switch back to photo, no more zoom for photo. Granted can do the zoom in post, however sometimes its handy to have the jpg zoom photo to show or use quickly.

Will try again, as of a nights ago, if I have camera setup for photo for long exposure, and camera for video setup diff, what I recall was when switched from photo to video, video settings not what I had set, so change the video settings, shoot video, switch to photo, make adjustments if needed. Will try again in next few days and make more notes. Also more so with the 8K, when you are in photo say 2x zoom take photo, switch to video, shoot video (no zoom), then switch back to photo, no more zoom for photo. Granted can do the zoom in post, however sometimes its handy to have the jpg zoom photo to show or use quickly.
Zoom mode will reset for sure, and I believe is a good thing...is easier to see the image without zoom and adjust it quickly, then to have Zoom, search for the place you need to shoot, adjust image...
Also remember that you can zoom in post.
Don't know for 8K, I have only 6K Pro2 and E2E.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d