Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us
read in another forum :(

Unfortunately, just received a response from Max Amps RC Batteries Rep. that they were unable to size out a replacement battery for our X-Star Premium Drones.

Thank you for choosing MaxAmps for your RC needs. We recently received an older Autel battery to try and swap out the old cells for new. Unfortunately after getting the battery pack in house and testing out all of our current cell types we do not have a viable cell to fit the existing battery space. We work with a pool of existing cell types and unfortunately this specific size is not something we have a viable replacement candidate for.

If we were to attempt a replacement it would be about half of the capacity using the current cells available. While we would like to have a solution for you, it looks like we are not likely to have a viable replacement in the near future.

Josh Barker
PR and Marketing Manager
Well I'm glad to see people are trying to find a solution but it looks as though it may not happen. I can understand after a period of time not making parts for the x-star but batteries are the life of these ships. If batteries were still being produced to fly our birds & you crashed it, at least you could buy another on on e-bay for a while. Autel messed this up along with the Evo 1! They have lost a lot of customers due to their poor marketing schemes, shame on them!!

Well I'm glad to see people are trying to find a solution but it looks as though it may not happen. I can understand after a period of time not making parts for the x-star but batteries are the life of these ships. If batteries were still being produced to fly our birds & you crashed it, at least you could buy another on on e-bay for a while. Autel messed this up along with the Evo 1! They have lost a lot of customers due to their poor marketing schemes, shame on them!!
Can anybody with C++ knowledge look at the program and find the line for battery Sn# ck? and see about changing it??

"Autel messed this up along with the Evo 1! They have lost a lot of customers due to their poor marketing schemes, shame on them!!"
Yes, and they didn't understand the lesson. They are recommending today by abandoning the follow-up of the Evo1 and the manufacture of the batteries.
Once was not enough for them. What greed and what nonsense.
In addition, to drive the point home, we drop the Evo V1 to make an Evo V2 with the excuse of lack of chips. It makes you laugh because another, not to mention it, is not lacking a chip ...
A way to buy the new V2 model?

Has anyone been successful in doing a recell on these batterys ?
What cells did you use for your recell ?

Pete...

I got slammed with work and have been sick so I am have not had much time to work with the batteries. I was working on trying to reprogram the batteries and the software i was using did not have the version of the battery profile that Autel used so exploring more options.

I have a friend of mine just fixed my 2 batteries they took the charge and we will be flying tomorrow. If it works he is going to charge me 50.00 each. I figured what the hell all I have is a paper weight now. I will keep everyone posted.
Was he successful? Or has anyone else had any luck bringing these batteries back to life , some method that does not rick life and limb?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d