Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Aerial Drone Architect

Reaction score
Has anyone done a battery rebuild on the X-Star batteries? I am staring to do a rebuild and did not see much on here that anyone has done this.

20201013_104927[1].jpg

20201014_210734[1].jpg

20201014_211143[1].jpg

i'm looking at the moment. I have seen a DJI mod that might work for these batteries. Have two different options im trying.

I think just a little while ago there was a fellow on here from Canada that sourced out some cells. He did not say where but hopefully he see's this post and will help out. I had a source years ago but they wanted bulk at the time and was not worth it for a small time project I was doing.

I think just a little while ago there was a fellow on here from Canada that sourced out some cells. He did not say where but hopefully he see's this post and will help out. I had a source years ago but they wanted bulk at the time and was not worth it for a small time project I was doing.
I have 2 housings. looking at a rebuild myself with bigger battery's. ship's from Thailand

i'm looking at the moment. I have seen a DJI mod that might work for these batteries. Have two different options im trying.
You can try 18650. They fit in the bay. I think the important part is to wire the charging leads to show the cells. using the top of an old battery should give you the part to ident the battery as a known battery, to the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartstarr
I am taking one of mine apart today. hopefully I can source another battery. I just got off the phone with Autel and they ere very nice but basically we are **** out of luck for new batteries. they are not going to be making any new ones. their solution is 10% off a new evo. I have two X-Stars, one has never been flown. I don't want an evo. They have orphaned the X-Star. I will see what I can can find out and let everyone know.

Reactions: rbolman
I am taking one of mine apart today. hopefully I can source another battery. I just got off the phone with Autel and they ere very nice but basically we are **** out of luck for new batteries. they are not going to be making any new ones. their solution is 10% off a new evo. I have two X-Stars, one has never been flown. I don't want an evo. They have orphaned the X-Star. I will see what I can can find out and let everyone know.
Good luck bud, I just went through all the same process a month or so ago when I came here, contacted Autel and all made a plead to them that they are abandoning their customers some with basically brand new drones with **** dead batteries, and I got the same answer.....SOL.

finally was able to find three options to try. I ordered parts for the first two versions and will order the parts of the third soon. Hope to get to try them out over the christmas holiday.

I assume that one just has to find battery pouches with the same specs. Anyone know what the actual specs are?

Also, how does one solder the battery terminals back on -- seems pretty tight!

Also: does anyone know the battery communication protocol for the balance port? There are 10 or 12 wires in there. I assume that you'll have GND, +, tx/rx, i2c, and maybe 1 wire for each of the individual cells. Any other ideas for the remaining wires?

Last edited:
Has anyone done a battery rebuild on the X-Star batteries? I am staring to do a rebuild and did not see much on here that anyone has done this.

View attachment 8759

View attachment 8760

View attachment 8761
I had a friend of mine that just rebuilt mine he took it apart and jump started the old battery. We are flying it tomorrow I will let everyone know if it works he is going to charge me 100.00 dollars for both 50.00 each. I figured what the hell all I have is a paper weight now.

I have a friend of mine just fixed my 2 batteries they took the charge and we will be flying tomorrow. If it works he is going to charge me 50.00 each. I figured what the hell all I have is a paper weight now. I will keep everyone posted.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves