Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wet battery .......

PRMath

Reaction score
my XSP got rained on and now, with the battery is unplugged, One LED and the power button is flashing. TS suggested holding the button for 13 secs or so and the flashing stopped. It is now in a rice/ziplock bag for about a week.
Do y'all think it will be safe to try to charge ??????
Kinda afraid to damage the charger

If the battery is not puffy it will charge just fine. The inside of the battery is very well protected. No way for rain to get in where the cells are. I have tried to take one apart but as far as I got without cutting it open was to get the top off. Everything else is sealed in the case. Most likely the LED light was stuck on for extreme low voltage and holding the power button clears the errors.

my XSP got rained on and now, with the battery is unplugged, One LED and the power button is flashing. TS suggested holding the button for 13 secs or so and the flashing stopped. It is now in a rice/ziplock bag for about a week.
I don't know that I would chance it, I would contact Autel and see if they might replace it for you.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

My understanding is he did talk to Technical support and that is how he found out how to clear the error. If they had thought it was a problem to charge it I would think they would have said it at this time.

My understanding is he did talk to Technical support and that is how he found out how to clear the error. If they had thought it was a problem to charge it I would think they would have said it at this time.
I overlooked the TS.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

My understanding is he did talk to Technical support and that is how he found out how to clear the error. If they had thought it was a problem to charge it I would think they would have said it at this time.[/QUOTE/] GOT THIS INFO FROM THE TELEMETRY OF THE FATAL FLIGHT....... LOOK LIKE THE HEIGHT WAS ONLY 33ftIMG_5577.JPGIMG_5578.JPG

My battery is behaving the same way, exact same symptoms. It appears to be perfectly dry, but when I connect it to the charger, the charge light stays green, never turns red like it's charging. I'm afraid to leave it on charge too long.
So, what's the report on your bird?

Last edited:
Still in recovery till morning.
Good idea to disconnect battery and give TS a call in the morn.
Might try my battery tonight......

Also, when I finally get a chance to test fly...... gonna leave the camera off. It don't need to be on. I will probably first test it even without a tablet or cellphone.
Just with the remote and my eyeballs. OLD eyeballs

Same with me, I may try leaving it longer and see what happens. Also, I saw no moisure in the camera lens, hopefully that's a good sign.

If the battery will not take a charge I would not give up. I had one in the winter that went from 40% to 8% in a flash. By the time I landed it was at 3%. I tried all that evening to charge it back up and the LEDs would not blink at all. I tried again the next morning and finally I got it to start taking a charge by holding in the start\stop button for what seemed a long time.
I know Autel says by holding the button in for 12 seconds resets the battery but this was a lot longer then 12 seconds before it started to respond.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert