Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery with overcooled error message

I would be pursuing that warranty mate. Its obviously a known fault with multiple instances and if i had it on a new bttery i would accept the bad luck story from autel

I would be pursuing that warranty mate. Its obviously a known fault with multiple instances and if i had it on a new bttery i would accept the bad luck story from autel
well they say they dont know anything about that error message.

Infact they dont even know what that error message is.

I guess three months after purchase my battery is out of warranty.

Thats the service offered from the great Autel Robotics

do you have a pic? Where did you get the thermal sensor. I have inquired but not been able to source one

Ahhhh. Interesting. What type of dji battery did you use
I may be able to do the same. Where was the sensor located?

Thanks for sharing

so i pulled the temp sensor up out of the cells of the autel battery. Saw that it was just a little bulb coated in white plastic. After repostioning it, i just wanted to double check the battery and it is now working fine. Have not had to replace the sensor. Although i now know that it can be done easily. Ill keep that battery for ground checks and updates etc.

Thanks for your information Dronesolutionsja

Reactions: Dronesolutionsja
so i pulled the temp sensor up out of the cells of the autel battery. Saw that it was just a little bulb coated in white plastic. After repostioning it, i just wanted to double check the battery and it is now working fine. Have not had to replace the sensor. Although i now know that it can be done easily. Ill keep that battery for ground checks and updates etc.

Thanks for your information Dronesolutionsja
No problem Anzacjack

I have just received à new battery, it is at 50% charge but once I plug it to the charger I have the second led flashing assuming à temperarure issue and once pluged in thé aircraft the system shows an error.

Any idea How to solve this ?

Thks

Hh
Change the thermostat in the battery casing. Use one from an old drone battery.

yes, it was the NTC thermistor that failed... it is a temperature sensitive resistor found on all (reputable) lithium ion battery packs to shut the battery when temperature is excessive, mostly during charging. The voltage across the thermistor is dependent on the temperature so the software reads the voltage and translates that to temperature. As mentioned above the thermistor failed in your battery so the incorrect (voltage) temperature was being registered. Changing it out is a very easy fix to try.. you can easily tert them with a multimeter by reading the voltage when cold and warm.

I actually had one of my Mavic Air batteries fail after one of the thermistor leads broke off the BMS board.. The DJI Go4 app refused to fly because it could not get the temperature reading. I soldered up the broken lead and everything was normal.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller