Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Went bonkers!

kelly1

Reaction score
New nano plus.
Safe to fly. Nano did not lift. Went spinning full speed in circles. Hit a rock. Flipped upside down. Broke 4 propellers.
Replaced the propellers. Tried again. All seems well. Flys as it should.
Any idea what may have caused this and how to prevent it from happening again.
I’m really enjoying my drone.

Might be way out of left field guess, however if the aircraft flipped right away, or flew sideways right away or out of balance, and no compass or imu issue, putting wrong props on the wrong motor can cause flips etc...

Reactions: kelly1
New unit. All checked out before attempting flight. I called Autel customer service. Very nice folks. They had no answer as to why. It’s flying good now. No problem. Thank you for answering my post.

Reactions: gschulzuio
New unit. All checked out before attempting flight. I called Autel customer service. Very nice folks. They had no answer as to why. It’s flying good now. No problem. Thank you for answering my post.
No worries

New nano plus.
Safe to fly. Nano did not lift. Went spinning full speed in circles. Hit a rock. Flipped upside down. Broke 4 propellers.
Replaced the propellers. Tried again. All seems well. Flys as it should.
Any idea what may have caused this and how to prevent it from happening again.
I’m really enjoying my drone.

Were you launching from concrete? Did you see any compass errors at all prior to takeoff? Rebar in concrete is notorious for affecting drone compasses, I never take off from concrete, I also put my rugged case on the ground and launch from the top of the rugged case because there could be other hidden sources of magnetic interference buried in the ground. Also, were the propellers on the right motors? If they were installed backwards it would definitely flip over immediately.

Were you launching from concrete? Did you see any compass errors at all prior to takeoff? Rebar in concrete is notorious for affecting drone compasses, I never take off from concrete, I also put my rugged case on the ground and launch from the top of the rugged case because there could be other hidden sources of magnetic interference buried in the ground. Also, were the propellers on the right motors? If they were installed backwards it would definitely flip over immediately.
I apologize for the late response. All seemed well for takeoff. After many flights after this crash, I have noticed one of the motors at times seems to be running after the other motors stop. Which will lead to spinning and crashing around at ground level. My Nano did it again this morning, but on the landing pad. Not as bad as before, but I could see the back propellers spinning after the others had stopped.

I apologize for the late response. All seemed well for takeoff. After many flights after this crash, I have noticed one of the motors at times seems to be running after the other motors stop. Which will lead to spinning and crashing around at ground level. My Nano did it again this morning, but on the landing pad. Not as bad as before, but I could see the back propellers spinning after the others had stopped.

Based on that information it sounds like a bad ESC, ESCs are what control the motor speeds, if one is going bad it would behave like you describe, Autel should have been able to tell you that and offer a replacement/repair.

If I were you, I would take a video of the problem and submit it to Autel tech support, the drone will eventually destroy itself or flip over 400' AGL and Autel tech support will be nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
Props assembled incorrectly. It happens, and when they are not on correctly what the OP experienced would be common. Could also have had a fractured prop and it just flipped the drone and broke more so you would never really know the cause, and probably a good reason that new props remedied the problem.

Reactions: kelly1

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller