Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Uploading direct to youtube

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Do you notice if you use your favorite video editing program and rather then uploading to youtube from it you just save it to your hard drive and then later try and upload from your browser it takes for ever? I find my CyberLink PowerDirector 14 uploads pretty darn fast as does my Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018. My DaVinci Resolve which I used today has a problem with crashing the uploads to Youtube so I just save them to my hard drive and upload through my web browser later but man it takes for ever.
Anybody else notice this?

Reactions: DadCorso80
Not I. I've only ever done it with my browser. I have a slow satellite internet connection so it always takes a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I have high speed which in todays world would be considered very slow speed but my ISP still gets high dollars for what they offer out here in the country and we just have to suck it up.

I have high speed which in todays world would be considered very slow speed but my ISP still gets high dollars for what they offer out here in the country and we just have to suck it up.
Exactly the same here. Remember i'm 4 miles up a mountain. It wasn't till last year that they put up a cell tower with only one carrier on it (inland cellular) and it's not even a popular brand name. Before that we didn't even have cell service and had to use hughesnet satellite for our phone.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I didn't know in this day and age there were places with no cell service in a first world country. Just goes to show you how ignorant one can be.

I don't have internet at home. My wife is always on the LTE powered tablet and when I get home, I turn on tethering for netflix and such.

I didn't know Power Director could upload directly. Shame! I recently switched to Vegas....

Reactions: Tufargon
I also use Davinci Resolve and haven't tried a direct upload to YouTube, just figured saving to the hard drive first and then upload was the way to go. Maybe I'll give it a try and let you know. I assume you are using DR 16? FYI my internet blows, 10 down and barely 0.5 up. The only video I did and tried to upload was at about 60% after 12 hours and that was keeping the family off the net, I knew it would take long, but not that long.....I had to take it to work to upload.

I also use Davinci Resolve and haven't tried a direct upload to YouTube, just figured saving to the hard drive first and then upload was the way to go. Maybe I'll give it a try and let you know. I assume you are using DR 16? FYI my internet blows, 10 down and barely 0.5 up. The only video I did and tried to upload was at about 60% after 12 hours and that was keeping the family off the net, I knew it would take long, but not that long.....I had to take it to work to upload.

Wow I thought my internet was bad LOL
Ya I am up to date with the latest and greatest Davinci Resolve. I have had some success but lately it just keeps crashing on the upload part. Sometimes I get to 10% and other times I get to 80% then it fails the upload. No idea why. Tried searching and others have the same problem but really have not found a work around yet.

Reactions: DadCorso80
I do not think there is a workaround. Have the same problem with Final Cut Pro, sometimes it works most of the time it does not. I get better results when I use the YouTube web page for uploads. The thing I like about using the web interface is that if the upload stalls and I cancel the upload I can restart the upload and YouTube remembers where it left off so it does not have to restart from the beginning.

I wonder if the problem lies with the ISP?

Reactions: Drgnfli
Hi gang, Last Sunday I picked up a Dell XSP 15 with 20gb of ram and it has the Intel I7 along with the Quaddro graphic card.
750gb SDD HD. All in all a supposedly good outfit for Vid editing. I quit using You Tube, the quality is simply not there anymore.
It doesn't do justice with 4K , I'm going Vimeo and although I have Cyberlink PD17 I am now with Filmora 9.2
Lots of change lately but will let you guys know the out come. As of now I have a small contract with my Evo with a
farmer shooting his whole farm buildings and homestead. He has 2 barns over 500 ft long each and they are large enough
so I could fly with impunity inside. I was weary at first with the buildings made out of tin but it could have RTB if missing signals,
but had no problem whatsoever. The cows were looking at the Drone in a funny way.

I think you'll like Filmora. It really processes faster than any other editing software I've used.

Thanks for a vote of confidence with Filmora, I am still in learning mode with it.

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo