Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

TRIPLTEK vs Autel Smart Controller?

I would like to add that as an additional option, my V2 Smart Controller works quite well on a tripod. As mentioned it's heavy, and whole the 3 point harness is well balanced and does not swing as much as a triple tech when walking or even moving its still a bit of a beast to wear vs just having it placed perfectly in front, standing or sitting. a lightweight tripod, either aluminum or carbon fiber is all you need to bring, and picking it up to move a bit, like 50 or 100 feet is easy when on the tripod, not requiring breaking down and setting up again for quick position changes. Hers a few pics of it setup for a low bench I frequent in the park behind my house. I bring it attached to the tripod and just carry it around and back home again. The SC needs some FW fixes but it's not bad at all. Mostly I want Autel to make the Pause/Emergency Stop button instant activation vs the 3 second pause they stupidly set it up with. 3 seconds won't help anyone avoid a bad situation. It is an eternity when your drone is about to collide with that park rangers head.
View attachment 12175

View attachment 12176View attachment 12177

Plus it looks pro, you gotta admit!
Took your idea BlairAir mounting SC to a tripod, have one when I was using it for the Mavic 2 controller and FT Aviator and the stock Evo 2 controller connected to an iPad and with AlienTech booster. Tripod not quite as upper end as yours but it’s a decent one.

Its probably the best method to operate the SC, especially with the AlienTech booster on. Will give it a try in a few days, Family is visiting for a couple of days and won’t be able to fly until they leave.

Thanks for sharing yours, looking forward to using mine.

A1BA3FD0-22EC-44FF-9956-D9E8842A228F.jpeg5DB3788D-7BA5-4A23-A52F-395DDD4C2E56.jpeg

Took your idea BlairAir mounting SC to a tripod, have one when I was using it for the Mavic 2 controller and FT Aviator and the stock Evo 2 controller connected to an iPad and with AlienTech booster. Tripod not quite as upper end as yours but it’s a decent one.

Its probably the best method to operate the SC, especially with the AlienTech booster on. Will give it a try in a few days, Family is visiting for a couple of days and won’t be able to fly until they leave.

View attachment 12445View attachment 12446
There you go! I think you will like it, at least for some scenarios- if you plan to fly from a single location, cycling through all your batteries, either standing or sitting (I have a folding chair with a bag & shoulder strap not much bigger than the tripod bag) It's a great way to get yourself situated, comfortable, and focused on serious recording & flight. Having the controller stable, freeing your hands and taking a 2.5 lb (more with the AlienTech) pendulum off your neck is worth packing a tripod. The "chest strap" does a good job, but the strap ends up mid-neck almost. Definitely not onto your shoulders enough. Manageable, yes. Comfortable? Not particularly.

Let us know how it goes in the field!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

I bought an Alientech as well and it will arrive next week, so I’m excited to try it. I’ll use with my SC V2.

Whats your thoughts on the FTaviator now that you have had it for a while?

There you go! I think you will like it, at least for some scenarios- if you plan to fly from a single location, cycling through all your batteries, either standing or sitting (I have a folding chair with a bag & shoulder strap not much bigger than the tripod bag) It's a great way to get yourself situated, comfortable, and focused on serious recording & flight. Having the controller stable, freeing your hands and taking a 2.5 lb (more with the AlienTech) pendulum off your neck is worth packing a tripod. The "chest strap" does a good job, but the strap ends up mid-neck almost. Definitely not onto your shoulders enough. Manageable, yes. Comfortable? Not particularly.

Let us know how it goes in the field!
Thank you BlairAir,

Got out to try the tripod setup this afternoon, was so impressed think this will be my permanent setup going forward. Very comfortable setup, So relaxing sitting on the tailgate of my pickup with no issues.

The tripod actually is small enough to fit in the lower bottom Autel case even with the SmartController inside, that impressed me so going forward the tripod will always be there within reach.

Thank you!
Paul

Whats your thoughts on the FTaviator now that you have had it for a while?
Hello Anzacjack,

Actually, my thoughts on the FT Aviator are so much higher now than when I first purchased the hand controller. At the beginning, couldn’t mentally make the switch sure it was fun but I just had a hard time making precise manuvers vs. the stick controller. Now, somehow I’m more comfortable using the hand FT controller. It could be due to my going back to RC Plane flying, I think the RC flying “even though it’s still completely different than than Ft hand controller“ built up my confidence and this second time around with the FT Aviator became natural.

The app is still available, and seen they are still available used on eBay for extremely good prices.

Definitely happy 👍

Reactions: Anzacjack
I bought an Alientech as well and it will arrive next week, so I’m excited to try it. I’ll use with my SC V2.
Hello edgardcafe,

Thats great you’re getting the AlienTech booster for your SmartController V2, I have the SC V1 model. Today, experienced the stock antenna setup had better penetration signal over the AlienTech booster. And I’ve experienced this before, in open areas the AlienTech flat out penetration signal is stronger over stock antenna. But in areas with obstacle, mountain terrain etc I’m seeing stock antennas had a stronger signal. I only use 2.4 now, manual no more Auto.

Don’t get discouraged if this happens to you, use the alientech in areas it’ll flat out out perform the stock antennas. You’ll see what I mean, when to use AlienTech or stock antennas.

Keep us posted!

Quick related question for the Autel smart controller: Is it possible to cast/mirror the screen wirelessly (via wifi) to a nearby receiver? (With most of the new androids including the tripltek you can swipe down and select cast providing you have a wireless display receiver attached to a tv/video monitor.)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raeveren