Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Explorer and FW for V2 Smart Controller, Aircraft and Enterprise

BlairAir

Reaction score
Surprised today by an App update for V2 Smart Controller and a FW Update followed. 20211030_160617.jpg
2021_10_30_16_16_50.jpg

Apologies for the bad image quality. I took screenshots on the SC, but haven't had a moment to transfer them yet.

Not too much happening in FW, mostly ADS-B, and a connection issue. The app talks about connection issues and image transmission improvements. Bring it! I've only had one flight since updating, but I'll report any issues and improvements once daylight comes around again!

There was no Android System update for the V2 Smart Controller. Too bad. the touch screen is slightly misaligned with touches needing to be slightly higher up the screen than the image, and the damn 3 second delay on Pause/Emergency Stop needs a fix urgently.

Looks promising if not extensive.

UPDATE
1. First observation: The Controller/Drone now starts up in 5.8ghz. This is an odd change. People (well, me anyway) had requested it start in "Auto" so it can switch/select the best band and spectrum by default as we see with Occusync methodology. Why it's defaulting to 5.8 is beyond me. Yes it passes more data, but from what I know (not much) it has less penetration, and is less long range capable..Ok so I'm actually answering my own question. I guess Autel assumes the majority want a stronger band at VLOS range and higher data rates..I still like a self managed system that does analysis of flight & signal criteria to make these choices. Maybe I'll just fly in 5.8 fpr a while to see, but Auto has served me well sp far.. More testing is required.

Attachments

• 20211030_161643.jpg
    20211030_161643.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I’m getting one too only I have the SC V1, the firmware update referring too is V2.7.25

Clearly shows for V2 model, my SC is V1. Think I read somewhere not to update V2 firmware, yet my SC V1 is prompting me to update this V2.7.25 firmware. Maybe a typo, should be V1.7.25?

Can someone help me here, to update or disregard this prompt pop up on my SC V1.

Appreciate this,
Paul

7A894FDE-D932-4BAD-B42A-2DB82A965535.jpeg

Last edited:
I would steer clear until BladeStrike or someone with specific info chimes in. It dies warn V1 owners and standard controller owners to not install as it will soft brick the drone until rolled back.

I would steer clear until BladeStrike or someone with specific info chimes in. It dies warn V1 owners and standard controller owners to not install as it will soft brick the drone until rolled back.
Yes definitely will wait until BladeStrike chimes in.

What threw me off, it’s showing SC firmware V2 not SC firmware V1 which is what I’m using (SC V1).

Thank you,

Paul

Just now seen this, PingSpike posted this back early July. Firmware V2.7.25 does seem to be for Evo SC V1, that’s the firmware my SC V1 is prompting to update too. What is confusing why didn’t it go with V1.7.25 Instead of V2.7.25, maybe I’m missing something.

I’ll still wait, hopefully hear from BladeStrike or others to confirm.

F781B560-5B09-4201-BAA2-D93281DF8BFE.jpeg

Surprised today by an App update for V2 Smart Controller and a FW Update followed. View attachment 12182
View attachment 12185

Apologies for the bad image quality. I took screenshots on the SC, but haven't had a moment to transfer them yet.

Not too much happening in FW, mostly ADS-B, and a connection issue. The app talks about connection issues and image transmission improvements. Bring it! I've only had one flight since updating, but I'll report any issues and improvements once daylight comes around again!

There was no Android System update for the V2 Smart Controller. Too bad. the touch screen is slightly misaligned with touches needing to be slightly higher up the screen than the image, and the damn 3 second delay on Pause/Emergency Stop needs a fix urgently.

Looks promising if not extensive.

UPDATE
1. First observation: The Controller/Drone now starts up in 5.8ghz. This is an odd change. People (well, me anyway) had requested it start in "Auto" so it can switch/select the best band and spectrum by default as we see with Occusync methodology. Why it's defaulting to 5.8 is beyond me. Yes it passes more data, but from what I know (not much) it has less penetration, and is less long range capable..Ok so I'm actually answering my own question. I guess Autel assumes the majority want a stronger band at VLOS range and higher data rates..I still like a self managed system that does analysis of flight & signal criteria to make these choices. Maybe I'll just fly in 5.8 fpr a while to see, but Auto has served me well sp far.. More testing is required.
I have the new V2 Enterprise with the FLIR camera. I got the same update, but it didn't have the down load button. After speaking to Autel (super fast response time from them) the issue was the font was on large. Moved it to the smallest font and the button was there to upgrade. Haven't gotten to fly it since the upgrade, but will post some new stuff.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga