Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Got my Smart Controller Yesterday

mixchief

Reaction score
Here are my first observed issues. First and most distressing, I lost signal at about a quarter mile and the bird proceeded to head home. Don't feel warm and fuzzy about that one. The gimbal scroll wheel is set to snail pace, I mean handicapped snail, just aughful, and the audio seems to have no volume control, hardware OR software and is very low and hard to hear and the linking instructions in the quick start guide are flawed as it refers to "data transmission and image transmission" setting in the remote control menu that doesn't exist with such a name, that was a bit frustrating and time wasting, I had to look for the linking video from Alejandro, OKOK yes I figured the Frequency Matching or something like that was the correct one but didn't want to end up bricking the thing. OK has anyone found out how to correct any or all of the issues, we're not going to bother with the limited range, I will do more testing on that end tomorrow hopefully but the volume is really bothering me and I think it is an Explorer issue rather than SC because last couple of times I used my old controller after updating the app I noticed on my NVIDIA shield the volume was very low. the gimbal wheel I thought I read somewhere or saw a comment on a YT video on how to correct it but I can't find it now, anyone here has a fix?
I've been aughful busy at work lately and had no time to call or text with Autel, so I hoped maybe someone has answers here. On a positive note, the screen on this thing is a thing of beauty, today under blaring noon Florida sun I had absolutely no issues seeing absolutely everything clear and I was at 75% brightness on the screen, Impressive. The sticks work great the harness for me is well designed and after adjusting falls in a confortable spot on my chest, so that was nice. Very happy it already comes with a screen protector, though like who was it AdventureX? I almost blew it lifting the last corner, just an issue of positioning when removing the protector's protector but unlike them thank God I was able to eliminate the bubbles and re stick the corner without a trace, Careful with that boys, I also seem to have an issue with screwing in the antennas (I have to remove them for a good fit in my backpack) it's like one feels like it might be stripping after maybe 2 turns, it just feels rough, but continues screwing, while the other one tightens well. Thanks for any advise fellas, and enjoy the new facet of the EVO II's life, this controller, once my issues areaddressed as far as I'm concerned , is a game changer.

Spoke with CS which I must say is not as on the ball as it used to be, which shows volume has increased and Autel is doing good. Was told an email was sent to me in the morning, however I never got it but got the person that emailed em on the phone. Anyway was told that I needed to update firmware and my scroll wheel issues would be corrected and so it was, to this day I had turned on the units and flown once with no notice of firmware update, concidentially as we spoke n the phone I got the prompt. Update was quick and painless and indeed fixed the issue, in terms of the volume was directed to the tablet settings menu and cranked all the settings to 11, however INDOORS it is still a whisper, not too happy about that, I do be live it's a app issue as my NVIDIA Shield I was using with the original controller also has the same issue with al volume controls maxed. In terms of transmission range, well I have to test again to re create the problem, hopefully its a one off. Is this controller worth the money? well, it is way more confortable than the old little controller with a tablet on it, the screen brightness is a game changer to be sure, but I think is a lot heavier than it needs to be, size is okay, build quality is good, just $1200 is a bit steep, maybe $1000 is more appropriate though still steep. HDMI out rules, I have Yuneec goggles that work beautifully with the SC, well worked great with the NVIDIA too, but I think overall image is clearer and sharper than with the NVIDIA. I will report further on the range when I get a chance to fly again.

Reactions: Turbodrone

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain