Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

I've used the USB A slot on the rear of the Smart Controller to transfer files from my PC to the Smart Controller- works great - so I'm assuming the USB C port (right next to the USB A slot I used) would work as well.
That is great info...thanks! I've been transferring via wifi which is a hassle IMO. Going to try plugging in

The USB C port is the port specifically used for charging, so I doubt it can also be used for data, but please correct me if I am wrong.
Haven't tried it. The A port is good enough for me. If I have any device (other than a charger) with a C connection I'll give it a try.

That is great info...thanks! I've been transferring via wifi which is a hassle IMO. Going to try plugging in
To be more specific my file transfers were:
PC -> Memory Stick
Memory Stick -> Smart Controller
(I haven't tried cabling directly).
On the SC I used the little standard file explorer app that comes pre-installed on the controller. Hope this helps!

To be more specific my file transfers were:
PC -> Memory Stick
Memory Stick -> Smart Controller
(I haven't tried cabling directly).
On the SC I used the little standard file explorer app that comes pre-installed on the controller. Hope this helps!
Windows 10 will connect to the SC through the USB-C. Takes it a while to find a driver, but eventually it connects.

Windows 10 will connect to the SC through the USB-C. Takes it a while to find a driver, but eventually it connects.
Good to know. Too bad the SC memory isn't expandable beyond 128G, without breaking open the case to get to the now hidden internal card reader, that was supposed to make it expandable to 1TB.

Yo tengo la versión 1 la compre en pre order y ya no hay!
Translation: I have version 1, I bought pre order now there are none left!

Yo tengo la versión 1 la compre en pre order y ya no hay!
Translation: I have version 1, I bought pre order now there are none left!
If you had one, you wouldn't have wanted it any way! LOL!

Actually I have it...and love it! Hate dealing with a phone.
Try an iPad. It's a 30% larger screen! However, you'll still have to hot spot it to your phone, just like the SC! ;)

Good to know. Too bad the SC memory isn't expandable beyond 128G, without breaking open the case to get to the now hidden internal card reader, that was supposed to make it expandable to 1TB.
a aftermarket back plate is in development, that will give you acess to sd card slot :)

Reactions: G_G
its a personal project :) details in near future
Admirable, but shouldn’t have been necessary! The user expandable memory to 1TB was an advertised feature, along with an 8 mile range in heavily congested urban neighborhoods, and dual band use, none of which were true on the SC V1! Is one supposed to now also add an Alientech Pro to the SC to get at least half the advertised 8 mile range? :rolleyes:

I inserted one of these in the usb slot of my sc: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XFGBLCP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I also have a microsd card in the slot on my dji smart controller.

I understand the functionality but im just not understanding the practical use. what am I supposed to use this for (as a recreational flyer)?

is there a way to offload, backup, or duplicate the hi-res files taken by the drone?
if you forget the microsd card in the drone or it goes corrupt and your drone's internal memory is full, does this help?
or, is it used to copy files back and forth from the sc to other devices? like, when someone else hands you a microsd card or you want to watch movies or yt videos on your sc when out of wifi range. why won't a usb jump drive suffice?

for example, does someone really plan to pull the microsd from the drone and insert it into the sc and watch (when there is another method available to accomplish this)?

eta: sign me up for one of these, too @alsey7 ;)

Last edited:
I inserted one of these in the usb slot of my sc: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XFGBLCP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I also have a microsd card in the slot on my dji smart controller.

I understand the functionality but im just not understanding the practical use. what am I supposed to use this for (as a recreational flyer)?

is there a way to offload, backup, or duplicate the hi-res files taken by the drone?
if you forget the microsd card in the drone or it goes corrupt and your drone's internal memory is full, does this help?
or, is it used to copy files back and forth from the sc to other devices? like, when someone else hands you a microsd card or you want to watch movies or yt videos on your sc when out of wifi range. why won't a usb jump drive suffice?

for example, does someone really plan to pull the microsd from the drone and insert it into the sc and watch (when there is another method available to accomplish this)?

eta: sign me up for one of these, too @alsey7 ;)
Does the SC actually recognize it as a storage device? With the currently inaccessible internal microUSB expansion card slot, one could back up the microSD cards to the SC, and review them in the field, but the current internal 128GB is too small to be very useful, unlike a user removable 1TB replacement card. You can probably do the same with this device, if there is a way to simultaneously insert the drone's microSD card. I've returned mine. Is there a separate microSD cardreader on the SC? I don't remember one.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials