Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

Does the SC actually recognize it as a storage device? With the currently inaccessible internal microUSB expansion card slot, one could back up the microSD cards to the SC, and review them in the field, but the current internal 128GB is too small to be very useful, unlike a user removable 1TB replacement card. You can probably do the same with this device, if there is a way to simultaneously insert the drone's microSD card. I've returned mine. Is there a separate microSD cardreader on the SC? I don't remember one.
yes the sc recognizes the storage device. using the sc file explorer, I can copy and paste files to a usb storage devices. I haven't been able to copy the hi-res files from the microsd card inserted into the drone to the usb storage device inserted into the sc.

yes the sc recognizes the storage device. using the sc file explorer, I can copy and paste files to a usb storage devices. I haven't been able to copy the hi-res files from the microsd card inserted into the drone to the usb storage device inserted into the sc.
Can the drone videos be downloaded from the microSD card still in the drone to the SC internal 128GB card through the Explorer app? There is no microSD card reader built into the SC, is there? Will the USB port on the SC accept and read from a USB 3.0 card reader? If so, you might be able to copy the high res files that way to the internal 128GB, without wasting the battery in the aircraft, and then copy from the internal 128GB microSD card to your external USB storage device.

Admirable, but shouldn’t have been necessary! The user expandable memory to 1TB was an advertised feature, along with an 8 mile range in heavily congested urban neighborhoods, and dual band use, none of which were true on the SC V1! Is one supposed to now also add an Alientech Pro to the SC to get at least half the advertised 8 mile range? :rolleyes:
Really… didnt realise this 🙄

Can the drone videos be downloaded from the microSD card still in the drone to the SC internal 128GB card through the Explorer app? There is no microSD card reader built into the SC, is there? Will the USB port on the SC accept and read from a USB 3.0 card reader? If so, you might be able to copy the high res files that way to the internal 128GB, without wasting the battery in the aircraft, and then copy from the internal 128GB microSD card to your external USB storage device.
so far I have been unable to copy the hi-res video files (located on the microsd card inserted into the drone) to the sc using any method. I'll keep trying.

so far I have been unable to copy the hi-res video files (located on the microsd card inserted into the drone) to the sc using any method. I'll keep trying.
That's disappointing. One of the advertised benefits of the SC was being able to immediately review drone video in the field on the 2000 nit display, while you still have the opportunity to reshoot. I believe the TriplTek Pro tablet can do that. It has an SD card slot on it in the photos. 8A34E700-CEBE-4C11-97D6-BB6A5A3DD4A2.png

That's disappointing. One of the advertised benefits of the SC was being able to immediately review drone video in the field on the 2000 nit display, while you still have the opportunity to reshoot. I believe the TriplTek Pro tablet can do that. It has an SD card slot on it in the photos. View attachment 11526
You CAN immediately play back video on the S/C, just like you do in the Explorer app with any other device. It plays from the memory in the aircraft.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I recieved and email from WellBots today saying that Evo2 Vi Smart Controllers are now back in stock. Same price 1199.00 So much for that 500 limited run.

I recieved and email from WellBots today saying that Evo2 Vi Smart Controllers are now back in stock. Same price 1199.00 So much for that 500 limited run.
wayne, we have been asking so many autel pilots to at least try to understand how it is best for autel to help support their customers. so many complained that obsolete parts and accessories that are no longer produced (i.e. batteries) is a big problem. if i were autel and i produced a limited run of 500 units, I would build 600 and i would keep 100 in reserve to handle d.o.a. units, emergency deployments to replace critical public safety, warranty issues, etc. that way, nobody complains if their unit breaks and all of a sudden, they can't fly unless they go back to the standard controller (which is a viable alternative). if you drop your expensive smart controller and it's critical to get one, call us and we can have one to your overnight. so i guess 20% which is high. and i keep 100 units and i keep track of returns and exchanges since launch and i try to predict the burn rate on these units. if it's been 6 months and i've only had 15 units go out, the first thing that i think about is these units are pretty durable, the customers appear to be satisfied, and i havent seen any defective units. at this point, we have only had to get 2 people rekitted with v2 equipment. but there are still people who are asking to buy the v1 units so at this point, it's about time i get the remaining units off the books and into the market. and i gotta do this soon because it only works with the evo 2 and the evo 2 is about to go the way of the dodo this summer (was just told this yesterday). we believe by next fall, nobody will want one. existing units have a 1 year warranty and if i can time it just right, we can have zero in stock, all sold at msrp, everybody happy....by this summer or the end of the year. from then on, we can help the few people that fell thru the cracks get with v2. isn't that the smart thing to do? can we at least believe that autel is trying to do it the right way? this is not a drone thing, this is "business" but i guess you already know this. ;)

Reactions: G_G
Hi Ken, can you elaborate on this? The recent interviews with Max made the Evo 3 sound like it isn't anywhere near ready.
no, sorry that part was tongue-in-cheek. but we know the autel track record, eventually it will happen. but probably not until 2023 or later.

• Wow
Reactions: G_G and SARty

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy