Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Those that have sent drones back, about how long did it take?

hscrugby

Reaction score
I missed the window to exchange it to best buy for not working by 2 days.
I sent it back, but the fedex drop off location was stupid, (thanks walgreens, don't use them. they suck) and set the outgoing box on top of a pile of cleaning supplies so it just sat for 3 days....
So now i'm waiting even longer. I had really hoped to be able to use it on a beach and boat trip coming up in August, but that's looking doubtful.
Their "official" reply is 48 hours from receipt to look at it, then 14 days to repair it.
:(
Since it's apparently on the slowest fedex ground ever, that puts me towards the middle of August for them to ship it back, then if the same grandma drives it back across the country, like August 23 or so to get it back.
Which sucks for a drone I've had about 20 days to spend the next 30 days on a truck etc.
Well, when it worked the camera was great and I really liked it.

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
3 weeks for me I live in New Mexico . To make it quicker once you get a return authorization pay for faster shipping yourself. Took mine a week to get there a week to repair and a week to return to me.

Mine took it around a month... Mine was replaced by a refurbished. I had a fly away issue.

Reactions: 399AGL
My case took about 3 weeks to a month and there were no repairs done to it. Within hours of delivery they tested my Evo and notified me that the problem could not be reproduced. Then they hung onto it for about 2 weeks or so saying they wanted to test fly it. Then another few days to be returned to Arizona.

32 days
East coast to West Coast....they used ground service each way which was 5-6 BUSINESS days each way.
I was told that Now is the busy repair season as more people are having issues because the warmer weather has more people flying.
Also they take repairs in the order they are received, some take a little longer to repair/test than others.

Three weeks, including repair time and dealing with the July 4th holiday, from WV to WA and back. Considering how long ground shipping can take, I look at it as a pretty quick turnaround time.

I had mine taken for about 6-7weeks for a broken RC fan that broke in under a week of ownership. They ended up just replacing entire RC with another one with noisy fan.

Not exactly feeling the love so many Autel fans were raving on about.

Hey the first thing I usually say on most dates is "Do you like my big fat orange pumpkin"? Is that uncommon? ?
For some reason I don't get a lot of second dates... Hmmmmmmmmmm

• Haha
I have Stephanie the Phantom and Melanie the Evo.

I had a Tello called Patricia, but I recently gave it away to someone from my local drone community who got his Mavic 2 Pro stolen and was so frustrated, he was willing to do plumbing work (his trade) for exchange of a drone. I know what it feels to have a passion for something and it get taken away. So I sent him a message and gave him Patricia.

True, it's no Mavic 2 Pro, but for anyone who has flown a Tello. It is truly a remarkable drone for the price. To be able to fly 700m out and 30m in the air with a little toy drone is simply amazing.

Perhaps in the near future, I might buy another one.

I've only given mine names like CIA Spy Drone or FBI Surveillance Van as a gag. Given DJI's shady history in the past, probably not all that far from the truth.

Not sure what to call the Evo, something Trump related perhaps due to its colour but I dont want to get all political and I'm not American so shouldnt be getting in other countries affairs. It does remind me of the flotation devices life guards would carry when watching Baywatch.. Perhaps I should call her Pamela? :D

Three weeks, but it was on my dime since I crashed it. (my fault)
butch

Well it took them thirty minutes to say it doesn't have issues.
That means gimbal rebooting on landing and not able to download images is normal.
Well, there is a slim chance I'll have it for my boat trip coming up...

Reactions: 399AGL
Scratch that. "no issues" turns into, we're doing test flights today, and going to validate it. :( aka, "no issues" sounds like it means it wasn't trashed and I hadn't flown it into a tree etc.
No shots from the boat for me. Sigh. :(

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill