Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink app hasn't been updated in over 4 months.

Evil Penguin

Reaction score
Hi, I noticed looking through the Google Play Store that the app hasn't been updated since May 2nd. Is there an ETA for the next version? I understand there are some users that have experienced issues such as not being able to control camera setting (LG devices). I find it to be a bit negligent on Autel's behalf as a perspective buyer.

They ran into major performance issues on the IOS side of the August update release that they are trying to correct now. Rather embarrassing.

I imagine once they solve that, they will port it over to android and actually test that for possible issues before releasing that update so they do not get a bad reputation of rushing the updates.

Better they take the time to release clean app updates than rush them out causing more issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uavdude and RJ_Make
Any rumors on when they will update the app?

RUMOR_MILL.png

Hoping they get these features soon...

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 11.35.01 PM✨.png

Well they just pulled their troublesome 1.2.8 firmware and reinstated a version 1.1.3 from somewhere around MAY of this year.

What problems did it create? I've not noticed much difference in my aircraft between the 2, but then again I only have a few hours on 1.2.8....

Well they just pulled their troublesome 1.2.8 firmware and reinstated a version 1.1.3 from somewhere around MAY of this year.
Crap... I just installed 1.2.8 last night :eek:

They sure did...

Firmware Updates
Note – If you have upgraded to V1.2.8 Firmware and you are not completely satisfied with the aircraft experience, please contact our customer support ( contact information at bottom of this page ) to ask for a firmware patch.

mine flys great on update I'm using android so that might be the difference

Im with Paul here, spoke with Autel and no need for me to change anything. Mine works perfectly so far. Just waiting for the yaw FW update to happen. Love this thing, its fantastic.

Reactions: paul holt
New beta app:

Android V2.0.1.15
1. Starlink is now compatible with Android 7;
2. Added features to be able to create waypoints when copter is on the ground;

3. Added audio prompts;
4. Added beginner onboarding tutorial;
5. Digital zoom and 3D noise reduction features available for firmware 1.2.8 and above.
*Note:
- Autopilot features are now not available under beginner mode;
- Altitude and distance limitations in autopilot flight mission are also restricted by the general settings;

New beta app:

Android V2.0.1.15
1. Starlink is now compatible with Android 7;
2. Added features to be able to create waypoints when copter is on the ground;

3. Added audio prompts;
4. Added beginner onboarding tutorial;
5. Digital zoom and 3D noise reduction features available for firmware 1.2.8 and above.
*Note:
- Autopilot features are now not available under beginner mode;
- Altitude and distance limitations in autopilot flight mission are also restricted by the general settings;
nice features, if they are working .. They are supposed to add them to the IOS app shortly i understand.

Hmmm, I don't see an update. Must be because I am on the higher firmware that they removed?
EDIT: never mind... I see it was for Android, not iOS.

4 examples of the 2x zoom recording 1080p/60fps with UV filter. It's not easy getting a smooth zoom of more than 0.5, but may just need some practice; I feel a slider (like the gimbal slider) would be better than pinch for smooth zoom. The noise doesn't seem too bad for 2x digital, I'm impressed. I haven't completely dissected it yet, but seems like up to at least 1.6x is real good.

I didn't launch any waypoint mode, but she sets up very well on the ground all in the same manner except not spinning her motors. Assuming it launches and fly's, it's an excellent multi user request they've filled.

The audio prompts are really growing on me, I like them.

I was unable to set up new waypoints unless the X-Star was connected and in GPS mode. I was getting magnetic problems inside the house and was unable to set any until I took the X-Star outside and calibrated.

There have been times that the remote has beeped and I didn't know why. I assume that I had short disconnects with video or control. The voice notification would be useful then, but I'd still like a way to turn them off or to configure which messages are spoken.

I too have noticed with this beta version I have had more disconnects and warnings than before. On a dedicated FB page their engineers are seeking feedback for the new beta app to address these nuances so that they can get them finalized. I have posted my issues already. I do not have the latest before they went back to the old FW for the machine so zoom I cannot test right now.

4 examples of the 2x zoom recording 1080p/60fps with UV filter. It's not easy getting a smooth zoom of more than 0.5, but may just need some practice; I feel a slider (like the gimbal slider) would be better than pinch for smooth zoom. The noise doesn't seem too bad for 2x digital, I'm impressed. I haven't completely dissected it yet, but seems like up to at least 1.6x is real good.

I didn't launch any waypoint mode, but she sets up very well on the ground all in the same manner except not spinning her motors. Assuming it launches and fly's, it's an excellent multi user request they've filled.

The audio prompts are really growing on me, I like them.

I know some have complained on the jerkiness of the zoom but I quite honestly don't mind it too much just to have a zoom capability now is great. Maybe they can refine it a bit in later FW revisions. But for now.....beats nothing for sure. Thanks Quagmire for sharing......you using a filter for that video???

I was having so many video drops with the Beta version that I went back to the non-beta. I did notice that the battery temperature is in F is you're using Imperial units. When I first saw the 87 degrees I intially wondered why it hadn't caught fire.

I was also unable to run Saved waypoint routes, Unfortunately when I uninstalled the app, my saved Waypoints were erased.

Reactions: Michael

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials