Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink app hasn't been updated in over 4 months.

I was having so many video drops with the Beta version that I went back to the non-beta. I did notice that the battery temperature is in F is you're using Imperial units. When I first saw the 87 degrees I intially wondered why it hadn't caught fire.

I was also unable to run Saved waypoint routes, Unfortunately when I uninstalled the app, my saved Waypoints were erased.
I did notice that too Tom! I now have imperial measurement rather than metric. But if the drops continue I will also revert back to the old App firmware.

I installed the Beta Starlink on an LG G3 phone and didn't have any problems at all. I was not flying very far away but I think I was close to the distances that were causing problems Saturday. I may try both at one of the earlier sites at which I was having the video link problems.

I'm still using the 1.2.8 bin upgrade I downloaded when I got my XSP back in Sep. I've downloaded to a folder, the one that shows as the latest (1.1.3 as of 11/22) but haven't installed it - because of conflicting complaints about what happens to some when they install it. I'm also still sitting on Starlink version 1.03.07 ( I think it's 07 - I can't read my own writing - ha) Kinda like, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I'm still using the 1.2.8 bin upgrade I downloaded when I got my XSP back in Sep. I've downloaded to a folder, the one that shows as the latest (1.1.3 as of 11/22) but haven't installed it - because of conflicting complaints about what happens to some when they install it. I'm also still sitting on Starlink version 1.03.07 ( I think it's 07 - I can't read my own writing - ha) Kinda like, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Seems like your using Android and the app has been updated after a beta testing about a month and half ago. Still some are experiencing buggy like quirks with the new app in the form of dropped video links as the most common. And some are not experiencing any issues. I all of sudden got dropped video links whereas in the past prior to this new released Android version was not.

It is what it is. Hopefully they will get the new FW version out that will address eventually a selectable yaw rate for those who use their drones commercially for business.

I am certainly hoping so. May have to experiment with a Phantom soon and add to the arsenal for jobs. I am really curious about the Inspire 1 with the Zenmuse X5 camera!

Never mind.....I see you were responding to the initial post. We are in nirvana as far as I am concerned. LOL!

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Seems like your using Android and the app has been updated after a beta testing about a month and half ago. Still some are experiencing buggy like quirks with the new app in the form of dropped video links as the most common.

Yup. Android it is.I forgot to mention that. Since I've not experienced any dropped video yet, and that's out to 1400 feet (my longest flight distance), I'm just enjoying it the way it is. I'm what would be considered a "hobbyist", meaning I do this just for fun. I've yet to try the waypoint thingie. When I finally tried the DJI Ground Station with my ancient P2V I chickened out after the second of five waypoints. Ha.

Yup. Android it is.I forgot to mention that. Since I've not experienced any dropped video yet, and that's out to 1400 feet (my longest flight distance), I'm just enjoying it the way it is. I'm what would be considered a "hobbyist", meaning I do this just for fun. I've yet to try the waypoint thingie. When I finally tried the DJI Ground Station with my ancient P2V I chickened out after the second of five waypoints. Ha.

That has been the sentiment of quite a few.....ain't broke....don't fix it! I have been out to 3000 ft. then lost RC and on verge of video transmission. But at times I can lose video transmission hovering above me or the voice prompt of video signal lost when I still have it might I say. Not sure the bug that is happening but it is rather annoying at times.

The Waypoint and Orbit work great! Try them out, you will be happy with them.

The only thing that keeps me from investing in a $2400 Inspire 1 is the DJI customer feedback. Seems DJI is very hit and miss and at times they can be quite rude or non-caring about your issue. I can say Autel has been great to date.

I wish Autel would come out with a platform like the Inspire for sure because it would be a no-brainer!

only 1400 feet that is walk in the park Starlink_20160710_101419_Manual_Moment(3)_Moment.jpg

only 1400 feet that is walk in the park View attachment 190

Oh I know (that 1400 feet is not a big deal - to some). But it's a big deal to me, cuz I turn chicken when the bird is SO far out there's no way I can see it. I don't care about the FAA's suggestion that it remain within line of sight. I just get scared when I can't see it - and know for sure all is well.

Your flight is indeed, impressive. I'm slowing working into longer stuff. :eek:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller