Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW AUTEL EXPLORER APP: constantly updated (ver. 1.1.8.8.1 Android version) - (v. 1.13.0 for iOS) 19/04/2022)

Absolute garbage that destroys the scroll wheel camera menu selection (and dedicates it to zooming). I removed v1.1.7.98 almost immediately from my backup phone to reinstall v1.1.7.83 while it is yet available on the Google Play Store
Fix. The. Effing. Bugs. I can easily live without feature creep on my orphaned v1 AE2P
Please, Autel, provide a way to disable/toggle zooming on the scroll wheel!
[see below... v1.1.80 seems to have fixed it! Yay!]

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
Lovely - Anyone want to take a shot at how Autel Explorer Beta versions install on a V2 Smart Controller? I am pretty sure I know the answer. They don't - wait for stable, then wait more for that stable update to be staged on the Smart Controller Update Server. While waiting, fire up the SC. Every day, and go to Menu, General, Updates. Rinse Repeat. Wait more.

I'll be here. Waiting, but definitely not holding my breath.

Anyone want to take a shot at how Autel Explorer Beta versions install on a V2 Smart Controller?
Download and install the .apk. I don't know of any beta right now. The latest Explorer apk ( 1.0.65 Smart Controller Only (12/10/2021) is available to download on the Smart Controller tab here:

Thanks Dave. I looked and the link for 1.0.65 apk is there for Evo 2 Pro as well. I hadn't checked in a bit but the new page format is different. Probably better with all the new models to support. . APK install is a breeze. I guess the only way to do Firmware 2.1.77 is via SDcard, if it isn't staged on the update server for the SC to see it when checking?

Autel Explorer Last ver test:
BUGS:
1. Contrast -1 does nothing...again they forgot the code for this...so is not working in manual set. Not Normal, not Log, not HDR.
2. Scroll - Zoom wheel - garbage...not fixed. Also pressing the Scroll wheel does nothing, just does not select anything. So is totally broken.
3. Was not fixed the requests form a lot of users: add an option not to stitch panorama and Wide in mid flight leaving us without video signal...is just STUPID !

So...Fix one thing, broke other...Cannot understand why...I think they cannot either :)))))

The inadvertent zooming I saw while navigating the camera menu selection with the right scroll wheel was in steps as with the Beta v1.1.7.93 (Android 9).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: honkihonk
Nuova versione di Autel Explorer
1.1.8.0 (12/17/2021)

2021-12-17
Download
What's New

New Features:

Added 16X digital zoom on all EVO II series models

Added EVO II Enterprise support

Added the Aperture adjustment option in Panorama (EVO II Pro sensor only)

Feature Optimizations and bug fixes:

Changed EVO II RTK mount point input method to manual

Fixed the ground sample distance(GSD) error in missions

Fixed the video playback failure on some Android 11 and 12 devices

Nuova versione di Autel Explorer
1.1.8.0 (12/17/2021)

2021-12-17
Download
What's New

New Features:

Added 16X digital zoom on all EVO II series models

Added EVO II Enterprise support

Added the Aperture adjustment option in Panorama (EVO II Pro sensor only)

Feature Optimizations and bug fixes:

Changed EVO II RTK mount point input method to manual

Fixed the ground sample distance(GSD) error in missions

Fixed the video playback failure on some Android 11 and 12 devices

I wait with high interest the version that fix Orbit... Meaning that stays where should stay...
Also fixing the stitching of photos... Just put there a button with Off stitch, as is proved you are incapable of stitching without cutting off video feed... We will do it manually later...
Tks.

Does it zoom smoothly or in steps as before?
Steps, cannot make it smooth as button does not work like this.
But strange thing, have installed last ver and also the Sky app, then uninstalled Sky... And now my wheel works fine, no more useless zoom...

Reactions: honkihonk
V1.1.8 Android Explorer seems to have resolved the Right Scroll Wheel zooming bug while navigating the camera menu. Cautiously optimistic!

Reactions: gschulzuio
V1.1.8 Android Explorer seems to have resolved the Right Scroll Wheel zooming bug while navigating the camera menu. Cautiously optimistic!
Yes, it seems the Scroll is working.

New bug found in firmware:
In Timelapse photo - Manual Mode, the gimbal starts to angle to right after around 50 photos, and up to 200 photos is already at an angle of 30 or more degrees from horizon...
After Timelapse is interrupted and you switch to video or other mode, the gimbal recovers and is leveled...
Tested with Android and without any phone(remote only), so is not AE but firmware problem in E2P V1.

....Tested with Android and without any phone(remote only), so is not AE but firmware problem in E2P V1...
But this is the Explorer App thread, there's another for FW. (You also don't mention which version, whether the new Beta FW v2.7.30 or older but Official 2.7.25, specificity helps)

Last edited:
But this is the Explorer App thread, there's another for FW. (You also don't mention which version, whether the new Beta FW v2.7.30 or older but Official 2.7.25, specificity helps)
FW last official: 2.7.25. Was hard to identify it as FW bug, at first was thought to be AE bug, but no, is remaining also with remote only, no phone connected.

Is there one for the SC V1?
For Firmware, you can check to see if you are on the latest version by comparing the module v. #s to the appropriate table.
The table and latest version is here:

You can download the latest Explorer App there as well and side-load it if you can't get it over the air.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
For Firmware, you can check to see if you are on the latest version by comparing the module v. #s to the appropriate table.
The table and latest version is here:

You can download the latest Explorer App there as well and side-load it if you can't get it over the air.
Figured it out, Thank you!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials