Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK not ready

That establishes how you are getting your coordinate for the manual point for your base. What about the other things mentioned in troubleshooting your connection problem?
The problem I originally reported was consistently going from FLOAT to FIX during battery changes using Local NTRIP setup. Most of the time, the 1st battery (beginning of the survey) the RTK position on the smart controller goes from FLOAT to FIX within about 30 seconds or less. The 2nd, 3rd, etc…battery changes generally need some sort of troubleshooting steps until I finally get a FIX position. This could easily be user error. If so, any suggestions/recommendations? I am currently using 2.3.23 for V2 Smart Controller firmware.

Attachments

• E4F0B745-D6A9-4CF7-AC59-5A52A1848624.jpeg
    E4F0B745-D6A9-4CF7-AC59-5A52A1848624.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
See attachment. Smart Controller FLOAT to FIX.
So you swap batteries, and then when the evo starts up it goes to FLOAT when it was F(XED before. When that happens to me, I simply toggle RTK off (in the RTK settings on the SC) and then toggle it back on. And that usually fixes it. If is says "disconnected" just try tapping connect. If that doesn't do it, try toggling the RTK OFF/ON. In no case should you have to touch the RS2.

Reactions: EBEPLS
So you swap batteries, and then when the evo starts up it goes to FLOAT when it was F(XED before. When that happens to me, I simply toggle RTK off (in the RTK settings on the SC) and then toggle it back on. And that usually fixes it. If is says "disconnected" just try tapping connect. If that doesn't do it, try toggling the RTK OFF/ON. In no case should you have to touch the RS2.
That is one of my troubleshooting steps. Rarely works in my case. Do you wait a certain amount of time before toggling back on the RTK toggle?

That is one of my troubleshooting steps. Rarely works in my case. Do you wait a certain amount of time before toggling back on the RTK toggle?
I only wait a few seconds. As I mentioned, I am on FW a couple versions back so I don't know if that has any bearing. I have not heard of anyone having this persistent issue. Having to re-connect to the NTRIP server is common but usually works. I think @elphtrooper is using current FW. It doesn't sound like he is having the same issues between battery swaps?

When I attach the RTK module & log in to the RTK network, I get ‘login successful’ and everything in the RTK diagnosis checks green. It displays lat/long coordinates, but the ‘RTK not ready’ warning still shows up.
It seems to me like everything should be good for the flight to occur, but when I start mission, the drone does not take off.
I have tried different formats on the SD card, and I have tried multiple RTK network logins, but I am unable to get the drone to take off with the RTK module.
I don't know what is causing the 'RTK not ready' warning preventing the drone from taking off.
I see the exact same error message. Look at the pics. Only thing I could do to get it in the air was to turn off rtk....launch it with a mission...pause it ...turn rtk back on ...continue the mission.

Attachments

• 20230803_123443.jpg
    20230803_123443.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230803_123436.jpg
    20230803_123436.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230803_122254.jpg
    20230803_122254.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230803_122304.jpg
    20230803_122304.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 6
I see the exact same error message. Look at the pics. Only thing I could do to get it in the air was to turn off rtk....launch it with a mission...pause it ...turn rtk back on ...continue the mission.
In your screenshots, you are not using NTRIP corrections by virtue of the "SINGLE" condition. You may as well turn RTK to the off position and take off as normal. You need a "FIX" condition for RTK to operate. Scroll down just below what you posted and you will see the condition of the connection as well as in the bar at the top of the flight screen.

20230803_122254.jpg

This may be off topic but are these V3 drones we are talking about now. This thread was dead since December of last year. It could be the Explorer app causing the problems. I have a V2 drone and if I try to use the newer Explorer app V2 I have nothing but problems including RTK connections. I have manually forced the drone to go back to the previous stable firmware (pre-Explorer app V2) and removed the Explorer app V2 and gone back to the original Explorer app. The only thing i would have liked from the V2 app is the coordinated turn function on the missions.

Can someone help me to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_20230809_111031_113141.jpg
    IMG_20230809_111031_113141.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
your not getting a fixed solution, there is something wrong with your NTRIP connection. you need a fixed solution to fly
would you mind sharing your network connection
pics of said network connection
Similar issue on my new Evo ii v3 RTK. I did not see a red flash on rtk though but it doesnt even start the motors. I was told to remove rtk module and reseed it, take out plug back in. And see if that solves the issue. I will try in a bit later today and let you know. But all the above issues i saw on another unit we demo. except the red rtk warning. We are using latest software on the autel explorer on the new tablet it comes with the unit. Seems a hardware issue on the drone itself. If i have to keep removing and adding rtk mod back thats going to suck! 🤞

I experienced something similar. After doing some research is discovered the Autel drone needs its NTRIP data in an RTCM format. I had been trying CMRx and CMR+ format mount points without success - would login successfully and every status screen would show green but would never go into a "Fix" status. The second I changed to a RTCM format mount point all was well and the drone goes into "Fix" status after a little over 10 seconds after logging into the server. I don't remember if it can use both RTCM2 and RTCM3 versions or if it is only RTCM3 (I am using RTCM3.2).

Also, you need a stable cell signal (might need to be 4G also - not sure about that one).
How did you change to an RTCM format? I am stuck with a single status.

mine was resolved simpler than that. I forgot to post it. It just took a repair of rhe controller and the aircraft. It does it every once in a while. It has done it to me 2 times already. I just repair the controller to the aircraft and then the motors actuate as normal and i can fly it. Nothing to do with the RTCM feed. My RTK was all green and loggd in. The only nuance i have besides the repairing is this:
- You must manually type and have to be exact right the entire name of the Mount point stream to be able to connect. So i know have it saved on a picture and now what to enter if i have to change mount points. Hope that helps.
i do dozens of RTK rover and flights down here in Florida. www.lengemann.us

CMRx is propietary only to Trimble. You should know that if you use cmr at all. Trimble doesnt like standards. RTCM is the standard for everybody else gnss europe, china, americas and elsewhere.

mine was resolved simpler than that. I forgot to post it. It just took a repair of rhe controller and the aircraft. It does it every once in a while. It has done it to me 2 times already. I just repair the controller to the aircraft and then the motors actuate as normal and i can fly it. Nothing to do with the RTCM feed. My RTK was all green and loggd in. The only nuance i have besides the repairing is this:
- You must manually type and have to be exact right the entire name of the Mount point stream to be able to connect. So i know have it saved on a picture and now what to enter if i have to change mount points. Hope that helps.
i do dozens of RTK rover and flights down here in Florida. www.lengemann.us
What do you mean by repair? Please explain.

What do you mean by repair? Please explain.
the act of pair again the wireless connection between the navigation controller and the aircraft. like Pairing bluetooth. What you have to do to
make sure the controller is conected to the UAV.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials