Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RTK not ready

rbrow

Reaction score
When I attach the RTK module & log in to the RTK network, I get ‘login successful’ and everything in the RTK diagnosis checks green. It displays lat/long coordinates, but the ‘RTK not ready’ warning still shows up.
It seems to me like everything should be good for the flight to occur, but when I start mission, the drone does not take off.
I have tried different formats on the SD card, and I have tried multiple RTK network logins, but I am unable to get the drone to take off with the RTK module.
I don't know what is causing the 'RTK not ready' warning preventing the drone from taking off.

post pics please
1. Connect to RTK successful
2. RTK diagnosis all green
3. Red RTK not ready warning still there
4. Go ahead and try to take off anyway - everything looks good to go
5. Hit 'Fly' - drone seems to think it is in mission but wont take off. Red warning still there.

There are times when the 'connection successful' cycles in an out of 'connection successful' and 'invalid account/username' which I don't know why would be happening.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
your not getting a fixed solution, there is something wrong with your NTRIP connection. you need a fixed solution to fly
would you mind sharing your network connection
pics of said network connection

Post a screenshot of your NTRIP connection. You are getting single solution, not fixed

I experienced something similar. After doing some research is discovered the Autel drone needs its NTRIP data in an RTCM format. I had been trying CMRx and CMR+ format mount points without success - would login successfully and every status screen would show green but would never go into a "Fix" status. The second I changed to a RTCM format mount point all was well and the drone goes into "Fix" status after a little over 10 seconds after logging into the server. I don't remember if it can use both RTCM2 and RTCM3 versions or if it is only RTCM3 (I am using RTCM3.2).

Also, you need a stable cell signal (might need to be 4G also - not sure about that one).

I experienced something similar. After doing some research is discovered the Autel drone needs its NTRIP data in an RTCM format. I had been trying CMRx and CMR+ format mount points without success - would login successfully and every status screen would show green but would never go into a "Fix" status. The second I changed to a RTCM format mount point all was well and the drone goes into "Fix" status after a little over 10 seconds after logging into the server. I don't remember if it can use both RTCM2 and RTCM3 versions or if it is only RTCM3 (I am using RTCM3.2).

Also, you need a stable cell signal (might need to be 4G also - not sure about that one).
RTCM3 and yes you need internet at your controller a hot spot from the phone will work or a jet pack. 2.4, 4G, and 5 G will work

Reactions: FlyoverGreg

Thank you, I appreciate the response. The mountpoint I have been using is 2011_TVN_CMR_X so that is likely the issue. I am not real familiar with how to modify the stream though. How would I modify that mounpoint to RTCM? Is that how mountpoints work? Can you just change them or are they something linked to the network account?

Last edited:
RTCM3 and yes you need internet at your controller a hot spot from the phone will work or a jet pack. 2.4, 4G, and 5 G will work
I changed the stream to RTCM and I have tried multiple hotspots (verizon 4g LTE jetpack & iphone 5g hotspot) and the result I am getting is in the video attached. It is cycling in and out of logging in, which is probably why it won't work. Do you have any further suggestions?

Attachments

• Network Login.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 53
also if there is a survey equipment dealer in your area, take it in and they should know how to set it up as they use the network. every state has a different kind of public networks

Solved:
I am able to get a fixed connection after a factory reset of the smartcontroller and using _RTCM_31 mountpoint.

Reactions: jmason702
I get the same notification when data service is sketchy. Anything less than 3 bars can cause this. It makes absolutely no sense because corrections need very little bandwidth. Also, I am sick of the NTRIP turning itself off every time the drone gets rebooted. Another thread with all of our documentation and discussion on the Enterprise.

Reactions: jmason702
I have the same issue (for the first time, ironically, it was when I had the most satellites and lowest deviation values ) . . .

I log into:

RTK IP Host: usacesurveys.com
Port: 2101
Account: ****
Password: ****
Mountpoint: Top

I have the same issue (for the first time, ironically, it was when I had the most satellites and lowest deviation values ) . . .

I log into:

RTK IP Host: usacesurveys.com
Port: 2101
Account: ****
Password: ****
Mountpoint: Top
  1. You're on an external CORS, your own network caster or a local caster?
  2. It's going from single to float and then fix?
  3. What residuals are you getting?

It's Army Corp/Keynet

By residuals do you mean the deviations in x y and elevations?

If so, this time, when I was getting the RTK is not yet ready error, the deviations were ~100 cm.

On other flights when I did NOT get the warning, the deviation was 300-400 cm.

Reactions: elphtrooper
It's Army Corp/Keynet

By residuals do you mean the deviations in x y and elevations?

If so, this time, when I was getting the RTK is not yet ready error, the deviations were ~100 cm.

On other flights when I did NOT get the warning, the deviation was 300-400 cm.
It was floating then and possibly indicating a Fix. I believe I have seen this one time in the past. Anything over 5-7cm is probably a float. Can you share a screen snip of your firmwares?

off-topic, but @elphtrooper how is your EVO doing lately?
What's happenin'?! The firmware they pushed on the 7th fixed almost everything that was on my list. The rest is just software and UI refinement so I don't really expect much in that space. If they could get Terrain Awareness going we can work around the rest. Turns are nice now Bro! We're saving about 10 seconds at every return. That's 2 minutes on the job I did today...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58