Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Resolved-FIxed in latest Firmware-Letter from EVO support confirms 10 bit log at 4k.....12 bit RAW stills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that 10-bit color depth is only available using an external recorder? The Sony IMX383 sensor is capable:

Also looks to be capable of 5.5k at 60fps. Autel states in the manual on page 25 that it will shoot 5.5k at 60fps.

Seems that Autel has not yet figured out how to take full advantage.

I was told today by Autel phone support that the EVO-II Pro WILL support 10bit color...but ONLY in Log recording. All other non-log or rec709 gammas will be 8bit. Hmmmm...OK

I was told today by Autel phone support that the EVO-II Pro WILL support 10bit color...but ONLY in Log recording. All other non-log or rec709 gammas will be 8bit. Hmmmm...OK

That's what they say and a lie. You may scroll up a few postings and check out my footage. Settings: h.265, 4k @ 30 fps, LOG, 8 bit, Shutter, aperture, ISO auto.

That's what they say and a lie. You may scroll up a few postings and check out my footage. Settings: h.265, 4k @ 30 fps, LOG, 8 bit, Shutter, aperture, ISO auto.

Micander have you telephoned support and asked them why your h.65 log is in 8-bit? offer to send in a clip? Might resolve the situation...or confirm your suspicions that the 10 bit claim is smoke and mirrors. but if the M2P does 10 bit it should be easily within their abilities to have that capability too, at least on the Pro. Ask them to replace your bird under warranty, whether you mean that or not.

I think the operative word in some of their responses is "WILL". As in it doesn't now. Sometimes they say it does; but most now agree it doesnt.

Hopefully they know how to make the "Will" happen sooner rather than later.

I think the operative word in some of their responses is "WILL". As in it doesn't now. Sometimes they say it does; but most now agree it doesnt.

Hopefully they know how to make the "Will" happen sooner rather than later.

Hey, I don’t mean to be snooty, but I and vone other here earlier posted responses from Autel saying the EVO ll shoots 10 bit “currently” which does mean now. Some feel they are lying as they have not been able to obtain 10 bit in log. I am keeping an open mind at present, I should have mine in a week hopefully.

To repost the response I received:

Hello John,

All Evo II models currently have 10-bit color available but only in the LOG color profile and at 4K video resolution or lower.

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service

Sorry beat the dead horse that is quite clear.

I think this thread is dead, until someone can show 10 bit footage.

Reactions: parkgt
Some feel they are lying as they have not been able to obtain 10 bit in log.

I got the same response and feel the same way. In spite of that I like much about the drone. Not sure what it says about the trustworthiness or ethics of Autel though.

Reactions: G_G
Gonna upload a .mov file 4k 30 fps h265 with log enabled and will share the drive link so you guys can check it out ,that is if I can record after the crash , got some dmg to the gimbal ribbon :D It will be a short recording if mr. orange can do it :D .

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyk2fly
Micander have you telephoned support and asked them why your h.65 log is in 8-bit? offer to send in a clip? Might resolve the situation...or confirm your suspicions that the 10 bit claim is smoke and mirrors

It took them a week to send me the standard response from "Alejandro"... i sent them a link to my footage and from then on it was crickets chirping. I already mentioned i don't want to send in my bird since i sold my old one and i'm sitting in Germany here. I don't want to spend weeks without being bale to fly. And aside of that 10-bit part i have no problems with the bird.

It took them a week to send me the standard response from "Alejandro"... i sent them a link to my footage and from then on it was crickets chirping. I already mentioned i don't want to send in my bird since i sold my old one and i'm sitting in Germany here. I don't want to spend weeks without being bale to fly. And aside of that 10-bit part i have no problems with the bird.

Their current response time is a bitttt long :D

I wrote to BHPhoto since they are selling these and have a ton of 10bit video infomercials out on the web.
Hello [REDACTED],

That is unfortunate to hear. Further details weren't relayed on this. This is something that needs to be cleared up by Autel as the product information is provided by them.
Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you for choosing B&H.

Richie B
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Sales Department
B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 5/11/2020 12:52 PM
Subject: Autel EVO II PRO 6K drone
Customer's Name: [REDACTED]
----------------------------------------------
Your site says that this drone has 10bit LOG capability (and so has Autel), but the people that have the drone aren't able to get 10 bit files out of it and the metadata on the files plainly state that it is 8bit.
Whats the deal?

I wrote to BHPhoto since they are selling these and have a ton of 10bit video infomercials out on the web.

What do you expect them to say other than check with Autel who misinformed them to begin with?

B&H does not check all the spec on the products they sell.

What do you expect them to say other than check with Autel who misinformed them to begin with?

B&H does not check all the spec on the products they sell.
i'm SO GLAD YOU ASKED
i'd expect them to have an interest in the issue and confirm with the vendor since it is so easily identified.
you may not realize this, but you can't just sell snake oil through your giant megaphone and stage (that is bhphoto) and expect to have no liability when the product doesn't come through.
lawyers successfully go after companies like amazon, bestbuy and other large online retailers along with their pursuit of the usual suspect chinese tech that goes wrong.

Only slightly off-topic; can the exposure and/or white balance be locked on the EVO II Pro so they aren't constantly changing throughout the video?

Just received my Pro ll, spoke to Autel on another matter but queried him about the 10 bit color video issue and 5.5k@60fps. He stated up front that 5.5k@60 was a typo (as suspected, outside the realm of 120mbs). But, he was adamant that if video were selected in Log at 4k@60fps or slower, color would automatically be in 10 bit, nothing to manually select. So we shall see.

Reactions: Tufargon
Just received my Pro ll, spoke to Autel on another matter but queried him about the 10 bit color video issue and 5.5k@60fps. He stated up front that 5.5k@60 was a typo (as suspected, outside the realm of 120mbs). But, he was adamant that if video were selected in Log at 4k@60fps or slower, color would automatically be in 10 bit, nothing to manually select. So we shall see.

Either he is lying or there are a lot of clueless Pro owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller