Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Resolved-FIxed in latest Firmware-Letter from EVO support confirms 10 bit log at 4k.....12 bit RAW stills

Status
Not open for further replies.

dronographer

Reaction score
Another thread reported only 8 bit color video, with no contrary response from support chat although the promotional literature clearly claimed 10 bit log video.

Unfortunately that thread was understandably closed after it degenerated ...

I DO want to know whether the EVO ll Pro will provide 10 bit color log video, here is a reply from Alejandro at Customer Service:

Hello John,

Thank you for writing in to us at Autel Robotics! Evo II Pro will be able to shoot up to 12-bit RAW images and 10-bit videos at 4K resolution or lower as long as you are shooting with the LOG color profile. If you have any more questions or concerns please let me know, I would be more than happy to continue to assist you. In the meantime, please stay healthy and fly safe!

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service
www.autelrobotics.com

That seems to indicate that they "will" make it available at some future date? Hope springs eternal.

Reactions: PingSpike
I wrote him I had pre-ordered an EVO ll Pro and asked “will it shoot 10 bit color log”? So I took his reply to mean it will, when it arrives.

Reactions: PingSpike
I wrote him I had pre-ordered an EVO ll Pro and asked “will it shoot 10 bit color log”? So I took his reply to mean it will, when it arrives.

No one has yet provided an example of log h.265 in 10bit or said they had recorded in 10 bit.

Maybe no one shoots in log h.265 to find out.

No one has yet provided an example of log h.265 in 10bit or said they had recorded in 10 bit.

Maybe no one shoots in log h.265 to find out.

I only use h.265 and there is no 10 bit LOG.

Reactions: parkgt
I would, instead of contacting support asking if it does shoot 10 bit, take the tact of requesting a new drone or repair of the Pro ll you have, and tell them it is defective as it does not shoot 10 bit log at 4k.

Not many of these have been delivered yet, could be a firmware issue even. But as M2P shoots 10 bit, I would be very surprised if Autel advertised it and did not offer par with DJI in this respect.

It would be interesting to hear their response.

Reactions: Micander
Seeing as basically the members from the other thread came here, I will let you know, that the first whining, complaint, or rude comment will make this thread and all future threadsclose down as well.

I only use h.265 and there is no 10 bit LOG.
I tell you this on the possibility of looking dumb, for lack of knowledge, but have you tried recording 4K30 in LOG and see if that does record at 10-bit? I am unsure why, I have that in my head. Possibly read this at another drone forum.

I would, instead of contacting support asking if it does shoot 10 bit, take the tact of requesting a new drone or repair of the Pro ll you have, and tell them it is defective as it does not shoot 10 bit log at 4k.

Not many of these have been delivered yet, could be a firmware issue even. But as M2P shoots 10 bit, I would be very surprised if Autel advertised it and did not offer par with DJI in this respect.

Many of them own the Evo II and not the Pro. Although Autel claims they both do 10-bit, I haven't seen a video yet that is. Wether it's disabled or not, I cannot say. The only people who can answer this is Autel Robotics.

Oh yes it would. Since I'm not in the US and I already sold my old mavic it would mean a long time without anything to fly at all. I probably won't do that. Don't get me wrong, the Evo is a good drone and in high winds way ahead everything I ever flew before. But in this class it has to offer more colordepth.

I tell you this on the possibility of looking dumb, for lack of knowledge, but have you tried recording 4K30 in LOG and see if that does record at 10-bit? I am unsure why, I have that in my head. Possibly read this at another drone forum.

I record mostly 4k@30fps LOG. That's not it.

I just did a quick search and saw this video of a guy claiming that he recorded at 10-bit. Probably is a person who does not understand it and simply wrote what the package said. I asked him how he managed to get 10-bit in the comments. Hopefully he will answer soon.

Probably is a person who does not understand it and simply wrote what the package said.

Also the video was uploaded 3 months ago. And with 34 subscribers I doubt he got an Evo 2 for testing ?

Well, Alejandro from Autel answered this in his response to my query, posted above, so I am thinking it does out of the box barring a firmware glitch. Just hoping we can confirm this before my ll Pro arrives next week.

The only people who can answer this is Autel Robotics.

After rereading the response from support I could take his first line to mean that yes it will be able to in the future. Since he really did not expand on it I find his comment can be taken both ways.
The other thing I wonder about has anyone looked at the HDR video to see if that gives 10 bit?

After rereading the response from support I could take his first line to mean that yes it will be able to in the future. Since he really did not expand on it I find his comment can be taken both ways.
The other thing I wonder about has anyone looked at the HDR video to see if that gives 10 bit?

Well one could argue both ways I suppose. He used future tense “will”, hopefully because I had asked “will it”, not having received mine yet. He then uses present tense in “as long as you are shooting with the LOG color profile”.

I am asking him to clarify.

Reactions: Micander
Well... you can also ask him why the HDR Switch happens to do nothing. It doesn't matter if you have it activated or not, the footage has BT.709 colorspace - which it shouldn't. Can someone please check if it is the same for others?

I sent this message this mornig.

Can someone please explain how Autel gets these specs or even better make a tutorial on this camera setting. This is causing a lot of confusion on the social networking sites.
Thanks if you can give more of a detailed explanation on the EVO II 10-bit Log that would be great.

Here is what he sent out to me this morning.

Thank you for writing into us at Autel Robotics! 10-bit color is available on all Evo II models, granted you are within the right camera settings. For video purposes, 10-bit color is available only at 4K resolution or lower and while you are using the LOG color profile. For stills, 10-bit color is only available using the DNG image file type while using the LOG color profile.

If you have any more questions or concerns please let me know, I would be more than happy to continue to assist you. In the meantime, please stay healthy and fly safe!

Best,

www.autelrobotics.com

Pretty much the same thing that we have heard before.

Reactions: Ansia and Micander
I sent this message this mornig.

Can someone please explain how Autel gets these specs or even better make a tutorial on this camera setting. This is causing a lot of confusion on the social networking sites.
Thanks if you can give more of a detailed explanation on the EVO II 10-bit Log that would be great.

Here is what he sent out to me this morning.

Thank you for writing into us at Autel Robotics! 10-bit color is available on all Evo II models, granted you are within the right camera settings. For video purposes, 10-bit color is available only at 4K resolution or lower and while you are using the LOG color profile. For stills, 10-bit color is only available using the DNG image file type while using the LOG color profile.

Well, then it should be very easy to get 10-bit LOG from anybody who got an Evo 2. I didn't see any until now.

Yes, pretty clear, he messaged me this...

Hello John,

All Evo II models currently have 10-bit color available but only in the LOG color profile and at 4K video resolution or lower.

Best,

www.autelrobotics.com

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

GPrbz6TPEN_nqjkXAorMg3KscE7Mncz_CoVbHKZ7gHY3Rye1uDIB0ev2gYHw7tKtPxM4ZNUfH99Ac38WUFLanvOYWOyLoYcKxqEvLuS_jBXt6X9hXPsludiasfzr3oAXgHsLu2Qh5580a8tfCTUSpe6OH4sNy8iXbfbH957uwQvlqVcCeSF_LBGvpyM1AxPpuxPsvmpWYsOGc3Vhgg=s0-d-e1-ft

22522 29th Dr SE, STE 101
Bothell, WA 98021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo